Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Im expecting a tornadic supercell followed by an awesome mcs with hours of frequent non-stop awesome lightning heading straight over my back garden in the next 24 hours! :-D

You'll probably have to settle for looking at other people's pictures whilst booking a holiday to somewhere that actually has an outside possibility of a chance of a storm  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Ha! My technical descriptions are appalling, I am better drawing them with sharpies, and using daft analogies. (as Tour one discovered this year)

Well next guide I do you can be chief illustrator :D

Meanwhile, the sun has broken through the cloud, get roasting that ground please!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

August 97 was the biggest one, but 99 had more frequency.

The big one that everyone remembers was 97.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I can honestly say I have NEVER seen lightning like that in the UK, EVER. Doesn't matter where I live dammit. Seen it in Spain, Italy, France, the USA....NEVER the UK :(

Agreed, last night was both unexpected and exceptional for UK standards.

It was on a par with the storm I experienced in Dymchurch last July, but I think the intensity that night was much more varied across the UK. 

Lets hope tonight is as good as last, even though it appears (on paper at least) it should be!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Windy, rumbly, flashy or snowy.

Sunny here in Weston-super-Mud. Very warm, still very humid. What we need is a good storm, arf arf. The outlook for us and Bristle-town looks poor though as all the real stuff seems to pivot round us, much as it did last night.

• Like 1

Posted

London last night.  I don't think I've seen something like that in years.  Let's hope tonight is a mouthwatering MCS, we deserve it.   Harry/Lauren may know the last MCS import we had; it's going back over a decade ago or more.

Posted Image

Copyright https://twitter.com/justinstokes_

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Copyright https://twitter.com/MPSinthesky

Posted Image

We've definitely had MCS' since then but nothing memorable, certainly nothing really on a par with what we experienced in the 90s.

Last night wasnt even an MCS but had all the features of one - very frequent, intense strobing lightning (in all directions), continuous thunder, gusty winds and heavy rainfall.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

You'll probably have to settle for looking at other people's pictures whilst booking a holiday to somewhere that actually has an outside possibility of a chance of a storm  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Lol I think the next step which is quite overdue for me is a trip to the states. I just can't afford the expense at the moment.
  • Like 1

Posted

Got loads of videos/pics of lightning last night, but got this one interesting pic! What do you guys reckon?

Stunning, quite simply!

I saw a gust front go over last night accompanied by a spell of very gusty winds, but nowhere near that detailed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

August 97 was the biggest one, but 99 had more frequency.The big one that everyone remembers was 97.

I remember it, I was about 4 years old :p

Posted

Cars got to go in for a wheel bearing thats very noisy, main area of interest tonight is over the Cambridgeshire border, so do i go and hire a car for the weekend, mmmmmm decisions decisions.

Posted

Cars got to go in for a wheel bearing thats very noisy, main area of interest tonight is over the Cambridgeshire border, so do i go and hire a car for the weekend, mmmmmm decisions decisions.

If you do then make sure you pay for excess waiver, you don't want the hail dents to cost you :D

Just seen John Hammond's forecast and he really does stress how intense these storms will be. Inevitably not everywhere will get one but where they do occur they look biblical. Quote "several inches of rain falling in a short space of time".

Edited by Supacell
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

6z NMM puts high levels off CAPE further west slightly.

Still all to play for!

Posted Image

3000+ joules per kg for me and LI -9 but just a 30 mile westward shift and I'm out.  It's just too borderline, but fingers crossed.

Posted

Also take a blanket and something to hold it whilst covering the car, doesn't do much protection against the larger hail hitting the sides but it makes sure the windscreen stays intact.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

It was fairly fresh up here this morning but feels quite muggy now - my worst kind of heat.  Give me 30+ of "dry" heat any day than this like.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

ESTOFEX's forecast for the rest of today and tonight. A Level 2 warning in South East England!

Estofex are normally spot on with their forecasts. This give me hope of some massive imports..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Netweather Extra, for just a few quid nothing comes close :D

Not just because I'm on the forum, but Netweather is the best! Netweather Extra just for 1 month is £3.50 and I must say I love it!

• Like 3

Posted

I have a £10 bet that the met office radar feed will once again mysterious 'break down' whilst the storms are breaking out, it's guaranteed.

Posted

London last night. I don't think I've seen something like that in years. Let's hope tonight is a mouthwatering MCS, we deserve it. Harry/Lauren may know the last MCS import we had; it's going back over a decade ago or more.

Posted Image

Copyright https://twitter.com/justinstokes_

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Copyright https://twitter.com/MPSinthesky

Posted Image

WOW to think that photo on the top is right close to my house, yet i did not hear anything. Oh the shots would have been awesome. However now I'll be much more on ball, I hope to snap a few beauties :) very pumped for what is to come, this angry storm - When did it happen around 3am? Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1