Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted

morning all, well non event here last night, a few distant flashes of lightening but no thunder, not looking good for today either, hope whoever had storms last night enjoyed them.

Posted

SE corner has certainly done the best so far!

We need this cloud to clear and if it does we could see some explosive cell development. Cmonnn

Posted

S-East did OK last night - but was no-where near as impressive as Thursday night

Some parts of the SE did okay, some parts like NE Essex did very well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well what a 30 hours it's been - 4 thunderstorms including 1 severe MCS and 1 semi-severe home grown beauty (early hours of Friday).

What will the next 24 hours bring, apart from a real headache for Nick F and other forecasters :D

• Like 4

Posted

The areas around Bath could her in for a treat for a while. Quite a line of storms from the south coast there.

Indeed so - violent squall here with torrential rain and gunshot thunderDiurnal heating doesn't seem to be an issue in such an unstable environment. Rapid storm development in France as well at the moment. Busy day ahead !

Posted

Spanish plumes in the 80s seemed to rip the spine out of the country,now all we get oooooop north is low cloud crud and mod rain.It looks like this is going to hang aroud and kill the potential for later grrrrr.Also think the met off were ott in their rantings.

Edited by joggs
  • Like 1

Posted

woke up at about 3.45am ,could  not get back to sleep, as the excitement of another storm popping up was too much lol

unfortunately  I think I slept through the best bit , but saw two different lightning cells going on at the same time, one over towards manchester and one approaching me, but the one near me seemed less active and died off over wigan,  the manc lightning was  quite a bit more frequent but just distant flashes with occasional faint rumbles 

not as good as the storm we had in early june, but the fact it was at night made up

please let there be more today, just grey cruddy stratus like clouds with moderate rain now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Some parts of the SE did okay, some parts like NE Essex did very well.

Had a cracking storm go over at somewhere round 4.00am with hail. But once that had gone North there was a continual CC/CG lightning display from NE and SE, with no thunder at that stage. Not sure whether the lightning was actually that MCS offshore or if it was closer, on land. It went on so long that in the end I had to go back to bed as I was so knackered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Today is looking way better if I'm honest! Some storms firing up already, and plenty more where they came from too. 

Sun is beating down here as well :)

Posted

Wad woke at 3.30 ish by my bedroom being lit up blue followed by some loudish cracks of thunder but not louder than ive had before.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Constant rain sums it up here

• Like 2

Posted

Massive storm in Mansfield around midnight to 1am, thunder, lightning and monsoon-like rain, then heavy rain a few hours ago battering bedroom window. Bizarrely Newark 15 miles to east had virtually nothing.

Posted

Spanish plumes in the 80s seemed to rip the spine out of the country,now all we get oooooop north is low cloud crud and mod rain.It looks like this is going to hang aroud and kill the potential for later grrrrr.Also think the met off were ott in their rantings.

They really were not - Meto called this perfectly.Just unlucky for you
  • Like 1

Posted

I tend to agree, but this year has been a bit better for storms generally than the rubbish summers of the late noughties, perhaps the return of the milder winters is playing a part to keep sst's from killing the energy in the atmosphere, if thats true bring it on, storms over ice for me anyday 

Posted

Today is looking way better if I'm honest! Some storms firing up already, and plenty more where they came from too. 

Sun is beating down here as well :)

what a surpise for spalding, cloudy, cool and not very nice, fingers crossed the sunshine you have will find its way here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Occasional thunder to my distant east now.

Just cloudy and drizzly here though.

• Like 1

Posted

They really were not - Meto called this perfectly.Just unlucky for you

they were better and bigger here in the 70's and 80's without any doubt , stuff the meto with their stats  hehe

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Everyone E or SE of Norwich seemed to get something from the earyl morning MCS, according to FB. They can't understand why I didn't. Amazing how 5-10 miles can completely scupper your chances even with something like an MCS. I've actually had more activity from a passing popcorn storm than from any MCS (when they actually appear). Mind you, their idea of a "huge storm" and mine are probably poles apart!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Very disappointing night in the end, a couple of brief thundery showers but that's about it. Glad I decided to go to bed!

• Like 4