Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Weather Discussion

A.J

hi just seen something very very odd and was wondering if sny of you have seen the same, i live in peacehaven but looking towards newhaven there is a cloud, just 1 cloud that is full of lightning, no thunder and no lightning anywhere els other then inside this cloud any ideas :nea:

its still non stop lightning in this 1 cloud folks its really spooky

Posted

Looking from Hastings it is South East, half way between our coast and France. This one cloud has been flashing away for over 30 minutes and this last minute I counted 47 flashes! It doesn't appear to be moving just slowly expanding / opening up. Quite earie with so much lightning and no sound. Temp here is a sultry 18.8C at the mo

try get a vid rach? is it close to the coast or further out to sea?

close to the coast just of the sea not this 1 but there is footage of others like it on you tube we may have a big storm coming cos its been non stop lightning inside this 1 cloud for coming on an hour im about 8 miles away from brighton if thats any help right on the coast.

close to the coast just of the sea not this 1 but there is footage of others like it on you tube we may have a big storm coming cos its been non stop lightning inside this 1 cloud for coming on an hour im about 8 miles away from brighton if thats any help right on the coast.

ill be honest its scarig me abit cos not seen anything like it ever before

Posted

slowing down now but still a massive storm

got some blury long range lightning shots

yeah alot of pics and vids on twitter actually

where

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Having a flash and rumble of thunder every 40 -60 seconds here for the last 10 mins, weird thing is its still foggy, haha, no rain, rumbles getting louder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Yeah storm starting to develop just to the north of the Thames Estuary (out of nowhere) - still and foggy as well with constant rumbles getting louder - very very weird weather for second half of September!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

The noise I just heard can not be described must have been close as soon as I saw the flash I heard an almighty cracking noise followed by a really loud rumble.

Posted

Contant flashing and thunder out to my west, does'nt seem to be moving at all, unexpected, just started to spit with rain and its still foggy too

Posted

Just jumped at loudness of thunder, short burst of heavy rain. Coming down again now and rumbling & flashing.sky gone down so now watching through Internet. In Eastwood

• Like 1

Posted

Mental weather at the moment, 45mins of non stop thunder and lightening, heavy rain now. Power keeps going off too, crazy !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Getting foggy here. Still very warm also.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

calm and nothing here

Posted

An hour of thunder and lightening here, huge cracks of thunder, very heavy rain, havent known a storm to stick around for this long for ages, mental !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Really interesting tonight! Storm popped up in the estuary out of the fog, lovely surface lightning and still no rain here! 

Posted

As others have said quite a surreal storm around here this evening from about 2045 until 2230pm.

Seeing lightning above fog is a new one on me and actually trying to work out where the Cgs were hitting through the fog was altogether baffling, also in Eastwood and 2 of the strikes were in the few hundred yards category, had a few minutes of hail as well, and once the rain came the fog soon departed, dumped about 3/4 of an inch in 40 minutes turning roads to rivers.

Once it moved away to the NE It left a clear sky with flashing away towards the Crouch Estuary.

Had my eye on this development since 3pm today with a huge TCU Sat over the South Downs pretty much for 4 hours before the Thick Fog made it vanish around 7pm, can only assume there was an Inversion and the Storm broke through the Cap about 7pm along the estuary and some wind convergence kicked it into life not to dis-similar to our Thames snow streamers we get in the winter.

Fascinating to watch and audible thunder through Fog is an amazing sound.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Just had a few flashes of lightning but the mist is making it hard to determine the direction, all quiet now though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

storm rumbling away just north of me .....woke me up tsk!

Posted

3.50am produced the first flash & rumble here, it's been constant since. I know storms don't get caught in hills but this one seems to have, it's spinning round in circles seemingly with frequent CC & CGs from every compass point. Mostly moderate rain with one very heavy burst of torrential for approx 20 mins along with strong gusts, no hail. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Lightning frequency has seemed to die off here just as the rain started to get heavier. Pretty awesome though. its been going on almost an hour and a half!

Picking up here again now, im bliund after what I can imagine was a positive flash of lightning because the thunder resonated through my chest!!

Edited by Mesoscale