Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

That cooler start this morning was a bit of a shock to the system, took a few minutes to de-mist the car and first time since spring that I used the heat setting on the fan whilst doing so.  Turned into an at times bright and sunny day with some cloudy moments slipped in there and feeling rather warm and calm again this afternoon, think this is the turning point and cooler (more so over night into dawn) times are coming now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

That cooler start this morning was a bit of a shock to the system, took a few minutes to de-mist the car and first time since spring that I used the heat setting on the fan whilst doing so.  Turned into an at times bright and sunny day with some cloudy moments slipped in there and feeling rather warm and calm again this afternoon, think this is the turning point and cooler (more so over night into dawn) times are coming now.

Do you know what the temperature was this morning in your area? It was 9c in London!

Posted

Do you know what the temperature was this morning in your area? It was 9c in London!

Think it was 6.7oC around 05:50 if the sendor in the shed was right, this is a semi rural area so not unusual really.

Posted

Think it was 6.7oC around 05:50 if the sendor in the shed was right, this is a semi rural area so not unusual really.

8c this morning at 7.45am.

If the temps go any lower it will be time to dust down this :cold: guy!

Posted

That bad boy's not been seen around these parts for quite a while.

Posted

Think we have some time yet, you townies know nothing of cold :p:laugh:

Posted

Think we have some time yet, you townies know nothing of cold :p:laugh:

You mean the temps get lower than 6c in the UK? :help::cray::shok:

That bad boy's not been seen around these parts for quite a while.

Is it too early to ask for the christmas ones?

Posted

I wish I had my own place (and could afford one), first thing I would install would be a decent wood stove, even go for a better but more expensive back boiler type if I could afford it, when I was a mere child we had one and I used to lounge on the big sheep skin rug infront of it to keep warm, then we get a telly and that kinda took my attention away from the fire (but not that far).

Posted

I wish I had my own place (and could afford one), first thing I would install would be a decent wood stove, even go for a better but more expensive back boiler type if I could afford it, when I was a mere child we had one and I used to lounge on the big sheep skin rug infront of it to keep warm, then we get a telly and that kinda took my attention away from the fire (but not that far).

More cosy on a snowy winter's night than central heating!

Posted

More cosy on a snowy winter's night than central heating!

Yup, and whilst GFCH is nice I only have storage heaters here as it is all electric, on the really cold days the fan heater and oil rad get wheeled out, only ever used the panel heaters upstairs one year and found they were pants and better to save money and not use them so I don't. only heating is downstairs now, must admit the flat I used to have after the divorce was great in the winter as I got free heat from below.

Posted

Twas a cool night for sure. Just 6.3c at 6.15 this morning, but it does feel fresh. The last few days until the weird thunderless storm didn't feel nice at all to me. I love our woodburner and luckily have a free supply of logs as we have a bit of woodland at the bottom of the garden. Not much temperature control however and we usually end up having to open the patio doors because the lounge gets way too hot. It heats almost the whole house -= last winter we didn't need the gas heating on at all, though it was quite mild.

Posted

Twas a cool night for sure. Just 6.3c at 6.15 this morning, but it does feel fresh. The last few days until the weird thunderless storm didn't feel nice at all to me. I love our woodburner and luckily have a free supply of logs as we have a bit of woodland at the bottom of the garden. Not much temperature control however and we usually end up having to open the patio doors because the lounge gets way too hot. It heats almost the whole house -= last winter we didn't need the gas heating on at all, though it was quite mild.

We might have a repeat of last winter, which would be pretty depressing! Sure it saved on heating bills, but intead people had to pay out for flood and storm damage, so what was the point! I think there were two frost last winter that I can remember! Must be nice to have woodland at the end of your garden, I have a tiny field at the end of mine! :cray: Sunny evening here, think we are in for another cool night! :cold: :cold:

Posted

I do not mind calm and cool, it is the extremes when they last too long I detest, rain on and on causing flooding, snow making it impossible to get anywhere when it lasts weeks at a time and wind is my biggest gripe, it just pulls everything apart.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Fine and pleasant today after a rather chilly start. Tomorrow should follow suit.

Posted

It's still about 12C here; not sure it counts as cold for the time of year, but it does feel a bit chilly compared to recent days.

Posted

I am feeling the cold tonight, them old joints and previous breaks etc are making themselves felt this evening.

Posted

3.50am produced the first flash & rumble here, it's been constant since. I know storms don't get caught in hills but this one seems to have, it's spinning round in circles seemingly with frequent CC & CGs from every compass point. Mostly moderate rain with one very heavy burst of torrential for approx 20 mins along with strong gusts, no hail. 

HELLO! :)  I kind of caught that storm on Saturday night, although I think you got the works, whilst I got some crumbs!

Posted

I have a field mouse in my kitchen at present and I am trying to catch the little ******* Been out to tell the cat off and it is cold! 8.0c on the weather station and dropping!

Edited by lassie23

Posted

I have a field mouse in my kitchen at present and I am trying to catch the little ******* Been out to tell the cat off and it is cold! 8.0c on the weather station and dropping!

Are you berating the cat for failing to catch it, or because it brought the mouse in itself? One of our cats is always surprised when she puts a live mouse down, goes off to do something else and it's not there any more when she gets back. We usually have to persuade one of the other cats to finish the job, though we have managed to catch and release field mice a couple of times.

Posted

She brought it in, played with it and let it go! It is now hiding behind the oven, it's going to be a long night :wallbash: as long as it doesn't get into the living room! I will try and throw it out alive and hope the cat doesn't find it and return it to me! :doh:

Posted

I'm always amazed by how they sneak through such tiny gaps in the kitchen unit plinths.

8.2c here. Dark.

Back to sleep for me...good luck with the mouse!

Posted

I'm always amazed by how they sneak through such tiny gaps in the kitchen unit plinths.

8.2c here. Dark.

Back to sleep for me...good luck with the mouse!

Thanks stun! Night!