Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

I find it quite amusing that someone who's had 29" of snow already this winter is complaining it's not cold enough and wants more...you've had more snow this winter than there's been here in the last 10yrs...i guess you get spoiled up there though...

Lol! It's not about wanting more. I appreciate all the snow we've had, but conditions right now aren't cold enough, and I'm speaking generally here rather than imby. It just feel like a nearly spell at the moment (northerly incursion onwards).

We've been very lucky here, but I terms of nationwide cold and snow, which I should've been clearer about, we haven't tapped into the potential.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

What's falling out of the sky guys?

Posted

The shower that just passed over here was actually freezing rain. The temperature was -0.2C while it was falling so we're under an inversion it seems.

Hopefully the next few aren't rain as the last thing we want is the roads being like sheet glass in the morning!

Posted

Temp 0.1C with a dew point of -0.7C, conductive of snow but the freezing rain worries me as I've got to do a short drive soon. 

Posted

The shower that just passed over here was actually freezing rain. The temperature was -0.2C while it was falling so we're under an inversion it seems.

Hopefully the next few aren't rain as the last thing we want is the roads being like sheet glass in the morning!

Can confirm rain/sleet/hail and really not liking the look of the road outside, the laying snow and slush that's left has frozen solid, that 3cm we had last night would be nothing compared with ice rinks causing Hull to be at a standstill if this continues

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, lightning, wind, frost, any extreme

just been watching it very fascinating it's quite rare really for freezing rain to hit us isn't it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, lightning, wind, frost, any extreme

Can confirm rain/sleet/hail and really not liking the look of the road outside, the laying snow and slush that's left has frozen solid, that 3cm we had last night would be nothing compared with ice rinks causing Hull to be at a standstill if this continues

glad I am day off tomorrow still got to get son to school like which will be fun if it's bad

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

that teeny shower has just made it here now lol. Thought id better watch it, just in case ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Nasty, heavy sleet here at the mo. Worried about the freezing rain reports. Was in an ice storm once in 82, not fun. Hope this clears through and the next showers are of snow, not what we want from a cold spell.....

Posted

Nasty, heavy sleet here at the mo. Worried about the freezing rain reports. Was in an ice storm once in 82, not fun. Hope this clears through and the next showers are of snow, not what we want from a cold spell.....

no not nice, can report it's now snow but falling on the earlier frozen rain..best find me ice skates haha :-)

Edit: now sleet/rain and ice under foot..Not good.

Edited by wayne.1982

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

A Nice beefy Shower heading in the direction of leeds hopefully wil make It

Posted

Was with my girlfriend in the car, told her that the road didn't look like a 'rain wet' but rather a 'freezing rain wet' looked far more matt in colour. First time experiencing it though.

Posted

Was with my girlfriend in the car, told her that the road didn't look like a 'rain wet' but rather a 'freezing rain wet' looked far more matt in colour. First time experiencing it though.

Not driving until tomorrow morning but walking the dog was a bit like dancing on ice.. it's a ten from Len style haha. Did catch a few flakes as well, and not my dandruff for once!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Merest few flakes here in the last few minutes.

The cloud looks 'promising' for more.

So icy underfoot, it is treacherous out.

I think the dog will have to make do with the back garden til it is safer.

B. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Radar showed snow here for 15 minutes but it actually snowed for a good 45 mins. Given another covering to top up yesterday's snow so I'm happy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Had moderate snow here for half an hour now, given a few cm's top up. Looking good for the rest of the day. Shame I'm working indoors in york tho.

post-6447-0-53907200-1423037281_thumb.jp

• Like 2