Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

The radar lies, shows precipitation over otley but absolutley nothing.

haha, i was worried it was doing this again. Thats 3 days in a row now its lying!!!!! Ridiculous. I dont trust it at all now tonight to show the actual showers.

Another very underwhelming national and local forecast for snow prospects. However the NMM posted earlier looked better. Lets just hope the BBC are continuing to be crap! They are adamant less cold air is coming in and it will be mostly sleet and rain!

• Like 1

Posted

haha, i was worried it was doing this again. Thats 3 days in a row now its lying!!!!! Ridiculous. I dont trust it at all now tonight to show the actual showers.

Another very underwhelming national and local forecast for snow prospects. However the NMM posted earlier looked better. Lets just hope the BBC are continuing to be crap! They are adamant less cold air is coming in and it will be mostly sleet and rain!

Ye, I think at best tonight some of us might get a dusting. I've had enough of this cold spell now, was promising at the beginning but has produced very little imby. Wouldn't mind some mild south westerlies for a while  :vava:

• Like 1

Posted

Ye, I think at best tonight some of us might get a dusting. I've had enough of this cold spell now, was promising at the beginning but has produced very little imby. Wouldn't mind some mild south westerlies for a while  :vava:

:shok: :shok: :shok: :shok: :shok::doh:                      :p

I must admit, the weeks and weeks of searching we do on the model thread for -8 uppers and then when they arrive in a northerly we still get temps of 4-5c, it does take it out of you! I mean seriously! Its exhausting trying to get a bit of cold and snow to the UK lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Funny to think there's a "cold weather alert" in place when day time temps are reaching 5c and the forecast precipitation is mostly rain/sleet...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Well the temp is 1.8℃ and dew point 1℃ which Was -2℃ an hour ago

Posted

Keeping an eye on those showers over the Ne at the moment but I think IMBY they will be of rain if they get past Wetherby and York!!!

Cold Spell My backside!!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Well the Met Office radar is, Netweather shows nothing, like you guys say...just wait and see...plenty up in Borders/Co Durham by look of it...

Posted

It's too warm for you near the coast if you play through the isotherm on the models. Colder more inland although inland is very marginal. Don't expect anything other than sleet if it does hit

Well the Met Office radar is, Netweather shows nothing, like you guys say...just wait and see...plenty up in Borders/Co Durham by look of it...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Temperature is on the rise here. Up to 2.2c from 1.7c a couple of hours ago.

Not holding out much hope for tonight. It looks like we will need some intensity for any showers to fall as snow and to settle and that is not likely this far inland but you never know...stranger things have happened!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Well I'm in the east and its currently -2.0c with a dew of -2.1c so not sure about this warm sector malarkey. Lisa mentioned some accumulations in the Vale of York on this afternoons forecast, so I needn't worry. Showers missing my area currently, but roads are solid ice and all soft snow left over has refrozen solid again. Ready for round 2, bring it on :D 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Temp -0.2c with a dew point -1.8c

Edited by Skeggy Winter Storm

Posted

The latest 18z has just adjusted the cold about 50-80 miles further east as far as the freezing level is concerned so not a surprise

Well I'm in the east and its currently -2.0c with a dew of -2.1c so not sure about this warm sector malarkey. Lisa mentioned some accumulations in the Vale of York on this afternoons forecast, so I needn't worry. Showers missing my area currently, but roads are solid ice and all soft snow left over has refrozen solid again. Ready for round 2, bring it on :D

I agree with Harsh Climate re: SW'erlies. Why not? It's just not cold enough at the moment. Lets clear all this nearly stuff out of the way, get rid of the lying snow, slush and ice and start afresh!

Easy :p

Posted

Still zilch on the radar. Everything coming in is tiny and dying over the NYM anyway. Cant see anything happening tonight. PITS Sheffield weather station is showing temp of 2c and 0c dew point even inland so thats poor.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

I find it quite amusing that someone who's had 29" of snow already this winter is complaining it's not cold enough and wants more...you've had more snow this winter than there's been here in the last 10yrs...i guess you get spoiled up there though...

Posted

I find it quite amusing that someone who's had 29" of snow already this winter is complaining it's not cold enough and wants more...you've had more snow this winter than there's been here in the last 10yrs...i guess you get spoiled up there though...

snow is still rare, hardly get any in the context of a year, so im always on the look out for any opportunity! I will always be watching it snow and cherish every event. As theres a chance of some tonight, im just giving an update on current conditions, same as a lot of members do. I know ive done well this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in Winter!

just been for walk lovely here, totally clear sky, full moon, -2.5c and dew -3.4c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Its raining here now this winters been 100% worse than last year at least it was exciting I like a good old wind storm a nice dry mild spell would be ok for me at least after the spells of north westerlys I was hoping for a northerly which we got but its been horrible cold rain/sleety mush rant over lol