Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

where is a genie in a lamp when you need one haha, all the waiting and disappointment over the winter so far is now looking like paying off, everyone keep their fingers crossed that this one comes to fruition :cold:  :cold:  :)  i proprobably shouldnt but im getting giddy already 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Wind is picking up here too, few trees down from Friday nights storm and a couple that have developed a lean. Hope they come down completely neighbour refuses to trim them, over the years they have completely blocked the view.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Got about 1cm here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Some cirrostratus is just coming over the western horizon now. Running out of time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Some cirrostratus is just coming over the western horizon now. Running out of time!

Running out of time for what ??

Posted

can someone please tell me where to find the outlook on METO please that everyone reads and watches for upgrades from them, i cant seem to find it  :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

yep just a dusting here, this week looks great though

can someone please tell me where to find the outlook on METO please that everyone reads and watches for upgrades from them, i cant seem to find it  :cc_confused:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

near bottom of the page

'

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Cold with clear or sunny spells and wintry showers, heaviest and most frequent north and west. Winds easing. Risk of persistent rain or snow in south later Saturday into Sunday.'

Edited by Barry95

Posted

A storm tonight into tomorrow and then some serious snow possibilities from Sunday onwards :yahoo:

Hoping to beat the 14cm from the Boxing day event

Getting the tent up ? LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Don't mean to dampen the spirits here. But it looks like any precipitation will be very limited next week. Looks like a cold high setting up to me. Yes we will no doubt see some flurries. But deep crisp and even I very much doubt I'm afraid.

Posted

Good to see some of us get a covering last night. :)

So the storm looks like an initial period of strong winds over night, before we see another increase in gusts later tomorrow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Too late for snow to fall if any showers develop. Its already 5c here.

Posted

Stations in Northern Ireland and central Ireland reporting snow well into the front. May see a couple of hours of snowfall when it hits our region. NMM favours pennine regions, EURO4 seems to downplay the snow potential.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Well I officially received my first snowfall of the winter this morning, a very thin sugar dusting from a decaying shower that made it all the way past York. YIPPEEE. 

Dropped the missus off in Leeds around 10am and headed North through Otley, Blubberhouses and eventually arrived in the Yorkshire Dales for a proper snowfix. Was great to see snow on the ground with blue skies as the back drop. Wind was very gusty above 400m and there was alot of drifting. Hope you like the pics 

10921967_10155141741095245_440836774_n.j10917742_10155141741155245_1896980687_n.10917593_10155141743950245_390930519_n.j10928083_10155141747115245_1907196553_n.10917562_10155141746110245_942238042_n.j

10921849_10155141743860245_1268330305_n.

10927900_10155141864045245_584746712_n.j

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

I see ireland is getting battered with more heavy snow at the moment as the proper front comes in! What are the chances of us seeing leading edge snow? It feels bitter out there still.

I noticed the METO/BBC updates yesterday suggested this might be the case but they are not saying that today. but just wondered anyway....

Posted

Really surprised at how much snow is on that picture to say Morley is just up the Road and it didn't look nothing like that.

Well I officially received my first snowfall of the winter this morning, a very thin sugar dusting from a decaying shower that made it all the way past York. YIPPEEE. 

Dropped the missus off in Leeds around 10am and headed North through Otley, Blubberhouses and eventually arrived in the Yorkshire Dales for a proper snowfix. Was great to see snow on the ground with blue skies as the back drop. Wind was very gusty above 400m and there was alot of drifting. Hope you like the pics 

10921967_10155141741095245_440836774_n.j10917742_10155141741155245_1896980687_n.10917593_10155141743950245_390930519_n.j10928083_10155141747115245_1907196553_n.10917562_10155141746110245_942238042_n.j

10921849_10155141743860245_1268330305_n.

10927900_10155141864045245_584746712_n.j

Fantastic pictures thank you for sharing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

I see ireland is getting battered with more heavy snow at the moment as the proper front comes in! What are the chances of us seeing leading edge snow? It feels bitter out there still.

I noticed the METO/BBC updates yesterday suggested this might be the case but they are not saying that today. but just wondered anyway....

I think with your elevation you may see an hour or 2 or snowfall before the warm sector moves through. Good luck :)

Posted

Tempreature is around 2.c and a few point of -2 so certainly a chance when the First front comes in!

Edited by Love Snow

Posted

cheers vizzy, i shall be radar watching as it approaches lol!  More great pictures btw. weve had a slight covering all day up here that hasnt budged. Roll on the weekend and next week :D  :cold:

I think its similar where I am Love Snow so its worth a gander at the screens as it comes in and then lamp post ha!

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted

what time is it meant to reach our region plz :) 

Posted

what time is it meant to reach our region plz :)

Well BBC/METO currently say 8pm for Sheffield so a couple of hours yet. Looking at current radar and progression east thats probably still fairly accurate :)

I would say though that its likely to be rain for most. The wind will be picking up by then so the air will be mixing up. Looks like a wild night to come out there. Take care all!

Posted

thank you Winter Cold, not looking forward to the wind at all, can cope with rain, just not strong winds :( and yes  stay safe everyone 

Posted

It gusted at Bradfield 80 MPH plus last week so I was told, the next valley on from me I wonder if it will break that. I cant see us having snow even at 300M think the uppers will be way too warm tonight, but could be wrong.

Looks like it could easily be a snowfest for hilly parts from Saturday right through the week if the GFS is to be believed :D

(has done pretty well lately I think)