Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Missed the showers fortunately as I've rendered the walls on my workshop ,8 hours more of dry will do the trick :)....

8 dry hours.

That would be classed as absolute drought down here at the moment.

I can't remember the last time we had more than a couple of hours without rain, certainly not this week.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

often miss the showers 5 miles from coast ,miss the snow aswell :(...

Yes we tend to miss the showers when they are of snow, last Thursday evening being an exception.

Possibly looking good for snow chances across the region after Christmas though but not getting to excited until we are within a few hours and not days.

Yes we tend to miss the showers when they are of snow, last Thursday evening being an exception.

Possibly looking good for snow chances across the region after Christmas though but not getting to excited until we are within a few hours and not days.

I think it will be practically down to now casting ,dusted off lamp post just in case !!!..
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

h850t850eu.png]jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-it

• Like 1

Posted

I think it will be practically down to now casting ,dusted off lamp post just in case !!!..

Personally I'm not believing anything until I see The Express forecasting the most mediocre winter of nothingness for a gazillion years.

Then I'll get the sledge out.

Anyway at least I've got a couple of snow machines at the ready kindly sent down from a most generous fellow poster in Dalton in Furness.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

even if the northerly happens i honestly don't think cumbria will see any snow, maybe at the start as it turns from NW to N but then the showers will just paste the coasts of Northern Scotland, Wales, SW England, NE England, East England, SE England, imho if a northerly does happen

• Like 1

Posted

Well been a cold afternoon here been out braved asda and tried to finish off christmas present shoping but as always managed to forget someone (a neighbour) so desperate times call for desperate measures.....you know when someone (a different neighbour) gives you a present and you can guess what it is. ..well I unwrapped the tin off biscuits and and re wrapped it for my other neighbour. ..now thats what I call recycling :)

• Like 1

Posted

even if the northerly happens i honestly don't think cumbria will see any snow, maybe at the start as it turns from NW to N but then the showers will just paste the coasts of Northern Scotland, Wales, SW England, NE England, East England, SE England, imho if a northerly does happen

Personally I hate Northerly's especially seeing the wishbone effect on the weather maps.

with a strong enough airflow and embedded troughs we can get snow from a notherly but usually we just end up with clear skies and dawn to dusk sunshine while other parts are being plastered in snow.

Obviously a lot on NW will disagree with this but not many in our region benefit from a straight Northerly, especially over other directions.

• Like 2

Posted

Lakes mountains alway kill it here along with the air mixing with the tropical Irish sea at my location , I would be VERY surprised to see any snow .... Then again ...attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Isn't that the road up past my house after I'd given the snow machines an outing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well been a cold afternoon here been out braved asda and tried to finish off christmas present shoping but as always managed to forget someone (a neighbour) so desperate times call for desperate measures.....you know when someone (a different neighbour) gives you a present and you can guess what it is. ..well I unwrapped the tin off biscuits and and re wrapped it for my other neighbour. ..now thats what I call recycling :)

Hahaha! I like your style !!! Lol

• Like 2

Posted

eat biscuits first of course :)...

doh never thought of that oh well good job ive bought biscuits today :)
  • Like 1

Posted

Posted neighbours cards today ,I couldn't be bothered to deliver them myself ....

lol I just wait until the neighbours post mine then I shout them back for theirs.
  • Like 1

Posted

eat biscuits first of course :)...

Now thats just verging on cruel ! ;)

• Like 1

Posted

Thats the good thing when your in a new place, we dont know anybody and we are on a little cul de sac too. Funny cause people coming to the door expect old people to open it and are shocked when they get us opening the door! Especially the royal mail that think they can screw our parcels up and and put them theough the letterbox so forceably they break our letterbox! Put a complaint in and they certainly rook it seriously, they came round and photographed the damage. Now they just hammer on the door expecting an eldery person with a hearing aid (we have a doorbell !) good thing living in a bungalow!

• Like 1

Posted

Royal Mail ?suprised they don't just jump up and down on your parcels before squeezing the remains of your parcel through the letter box !!!.....

Oi you my dad is a postman his worked for Royal Mail for 20 years, bloody (is that profanity?) great service IMO. Pretty manic for him at this time of year. Online shopping is vital lifeline for them, the thing is hardly anyone nowadays sends letters its all done via internet such as fb, shame really.

• Like 2

Oi you my dad is a postman his worked for Royal Mail for 20 years, bloody (is that profanity?) great service IMO. Pretty manic for him at this time of year. Online shopping is vital lifeline for them, the thing is hardly anyone nowadays sends letters its all done via internet such as fb, shame really.

lol can't say to much myself ,I bought shares in in it :)...

Posted

lol can't say to much myself ,I bought shares in in it :)...

My dad got 700 for free, can't complain really I was suprised by how well they've done slumped recently last time I checked. What he likes about his job is that it keeps him fit, even though he ain't the most physically strong, he is headstrong about what he does. I dont see myself going down that career path. :p

My dad got 700 for free, can't complain really I was suprised by how well they've done slumped recently last time I checked. What he likes about his job is that it keeps him fit, even though he ain't the most physically strong, he is headstrong about what he does. I dont see myself going down that career path. :p

good for keeping you fit ,don't get the shorts thing in winter though , shares are a good buy the P E ratio I good for medium to long term imo !!...
  • Like 2