Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Chillier than I was expecting outside, only 3c currently.

Posted

Local radio are predicting heavy rain turning to snow for Birmingham & surrounding areas tonight.

Currently overcast with very little breeze, temp 3.6°C with a Dp of 2.3°C

Bish

Posted

There's an app you can get on your phones, called 'Netweather snow radar' or something, it shows where the rain is turning to sleet and thence, snow.   Quite handy!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Honestly no idea what will happen today, my fear is that when the cold upper's finally mix out the mild air the precip would of already cleared with the dregs staying north of here.

Euro4 a lot further south though so probably a case of radar watching now.

Same here, also in Telford - it seems to me that it just could go either way for tonight's precipitation… lots to learn still, being new here, but our flat looks straight out to the Berwyns 37 miles NW of us, so if we don't get snow, at least our view will! :)

And, at the very least, Telford should get several days of really good hard frosts, which will set us up nicely for the next lot of precip (ever the optimist!)

Posted

Its sn.........raining how exiting bbc got it wrong.

From what i have seen 3pm onwards will be when you want to hope things start to turn more Wintry :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

If nothing else it'll be an interesting night. Plenty of window watching and street light staring :p

Hopefully some people here see a good amount of snow. Marginality could cause some decent sized flakes too (if anything!), which is nice.

Best of luck to all! But I have to admit I have a vested interest in Leicester doing well out of this ;)

Edited by kmanmx
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

I am off to see the local stiffs Nuneaton Town v AFC Telford KO 3pm.Conference match.

I just hope the snow holds off until after 5pm so we can have a chance of our first win for ages.

That large area of precip.now getting across the Welsh borders into our region so a close run thing methinks.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Pretty sure the rain will reach Coventry by kick off Phil then we shall see if it turns to snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The mass of precipitation is arriving earlier than I would have liked, but we'll see how it goes.

Posted

All seems to be on time to me. Rain was forecast to start early afternoon here. It's just gone 1pm and it's on our doorstep.

A cold and wet afternoon ahead...then hopefully the fun will start as it gets dark.

• Like 2

Posted

The mass of precipitation is arriving earlier than I would have liked, but we'll see how it goes.

what time were you expecting it to do so? Also what sort of time do you reckon it will be turning to snow, if it does, for our region?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We never have much luck with snow here as we are fairly low so marginal events tend to be a washout. When I lived in North Warks we did much better in these situations. I also think I am too far south for the heavier precipitation hence it staying more marginal. Can't wait to hear the reports coming in though and if I see a few flakes I will be doing better than last year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

what time were you expecting it to do so? Also what sort of time do you reckon it will be turning to snow, if it does, for our region?

To be fair it is going as forecast, just in an ideal world I would have liked it later!

I think it will start turning wintry around 6pm, I just hope the heaviest of the precip hasn't passed by then. According to the latest Euro4, the warmer uppers never really get further north than Birmingham, so we stay in relatively cold air throughout. The problem at the moment is that the air temps are far too warm for snow, although they should start tumbling through the afternoon.

• Like 2

Posted

Was hoping it would follow the other models and be tracking further south, seems to be firmly on track with GFS at the minute hmmm.

Up to 4.4c here now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Light rain here, temperature is falling, currently 3.5oC, dewpoint is 1.7oC.

Posted

It seems to be shooting through rather quicker than expected. At this rate, the backedge will have cleared the west of the region by mid-evening?

Currently 4.1°C with a Dp of 2.5°C

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

The front will pivot and stall over the Midlands before sinking South tonight. 

Temp 2.2c

Dp 1.5c

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Rather a nasty afternoon here: grey, starting to rain very lightly and 4 °C. I need to travel tomorrow morning, so I have really mixed feelings!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

BBC showed snow from the offset.

bbc wrong then, no way snow from the offset, where is the cold air? 3.6C here, miles too warm for snow, it''s meant to turn to snow tonight, temps should drop as winds turn NE

Posted

It does look to be moving quickly. Is there anything behind the current band? I'm driving home from Coventry to Solihull after an ice hockey game tonight around 9pm - do we think this is going to be disruptive in that area?

I can't imagine things will get too dicey here, but you never know. I think the heavier ppn is due from mid-evening onwards.

First spots of rain here :)

Bish