Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I am not convinced yet by all this cold weather especially after seeing the Beeb forecast for Wales earlier this morning. They are showing 5's and 6's up to and including Saturday, very little PPN and also the PPN shown is rain. Showers infrequent.

Northerlies in my many years of being on this planet for Wales are generally disappointing and 99% of the time they are always warmer than initially anticipated plus drier. (Wishbone effect)

I can see all the MOD thread excitement but I am holding back at this time. Too many let downs to date but this one I can see going the same way for us especially with recent solar activity possibly due to put a dampener on proceedings.

Fingers crossed though.

Speak for your own area, inland West Wales will do well from snow showers later today through to tomorrow, then marginality sets in before very cold air arrives Saturday night or Sunday!

• Like 1

Posted

Cold front coming through here currently, getting heavy showers with hail and squally winds, more important though the temperature is plummeting, down from 9.1c (max) at 0700 to 5.9c now and dropping!

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I'm going to say this and I know you're going to throw things at me (takes a crushed beer can to the head) but I like wet, stormy weather a lot.

There was something genuinely awe-inspiring last Winter knowing that the storms we experienced had travelled thousands of miles across open ocean to reach us, all the way from North America. I'm fascinated by the Atlantic and oceanography and the effects the seas have on weather so the UK, for me, is located in the perfect position on the face of earth despite its moderating effects on any potential cold.

And standing on a hill on a grey, blowy day as a system approaches, looking west towards the ocean and watching the changing cloudscapes rolling towards me? Heavenly.

I'd take snow any day, but I don't find howling gales and rain as depressing as many seem to.

I'm another rain and wind fan. I'd happily take a dull, cloudy and wet day over a dry and sunny one. Of course snow is the ultimate prize, but I like the wind and rain. People are always pointing out how dreadful and miserable the weather is, I disagree, it's miserable for me when it's dry and bright.

Edited by Clair_Witch

Posted

I'm going to say this and I know you're going to throw things at me (takes a crushed beer can to the head) but I like wet, stormy weather a lot.

There was something genuinely awe-inspiring last Winter knowing that the storms we experienced had travelled thousands of miles across open ocean to reach us, all the way from North America. I'm fascinated by the Atlantic and oceanography and the effects the seas have on weather so the UK, for me, is located in the perfect position on the face of earth despite its moderating effects on any potential cold.

And standing on a hill on a grey, blowy day as a system approaches, looking west towards the ocean and watching the changing cloudscapes rolling towards me? Heavenly.

I'd take snow any day, but I don't find howling gales and rain as depressing as many seem to.

I'm another rain and wind fan. I'd happily take a dull, cloudy and wet day over a dry and sunny one. Of course snow is the ultimate prize, but I like the wind and rain. People are always pointing out how dreadful and miserable the weather is, I disagree, it's miserable for me when it's dry and bright. 

I'm another rain fan

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

BBC Weather App shows no snow for my area at all and no air frosts until Monday.

Some cold spell this is (not) going to be.

Roll on Spring.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Wonderful hail squal coming through Merthyr right now. Temps dropping behind the front and Ireland already down to 2-3c with wintery showers.

Edited by Blackjack

Posted

6.7C here pressure falling and so the temps...not often that happens around here

Posted

something to cheer you lot up in the south east - mon/tue from the mod thread

post-7600-0-26189900-1422438549.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Very heavy hail shower and strong winds - tad early?

Posted

Apparently it's 9.9c in Cardiff. It sure doesn't feel like it with that wind and misty rain. Feels bitter!

I didn't expect the winds to be this strong. There's been no warnings in place, yet we've had gusts of 53mph and everything is blowing all around.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow!

something to cheer you lot up in the south east - mon/tue from the mod thread

post-7600-0-26189900-1422438549.png

OMG look at Anglesey! :cray:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Those charts aren't showing up well on iphone they are all squeezed together what are they showing lol

Posted

OutsideTempHistory.gif

A long way to go, but dropping quickly in the last 30 minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I'm confident that we'll see a Pembroke Dangler setup on Saturday and more so into Sunday - depending on the frequency/intensity of the shower activity - our South Western most residents may see some decent accumulations. As ever don't expect media/forecasts to focus on this - they never do ! Warnings from METO also seem to come at very short notice

Posted

Those charts aren't showing up well on iphone they are all squeezed together what are they showing lol

A lot of snow south wales mon night.......5 days off though and all that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Bit of a mix here sleet and hail

A lot of snow south wales mon night.......5 days off though and all that

Yep way out...will change