Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Unfortunately I had to euthanize my cat today, he was 17, almost 18, I have had him since I was 5 years old, he greeted me every morning with the strangest noises that have ever come out of a cat, 17 years of my entire life and hes seen me grow up, unfortunately it was his time he had kidney failure and most likely heart disease,  I saw a rainbow about 20 minutes after he had past, it made me feel alot better. I cant describe the feeling, he was part of my life for so long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Fine and sunny start here, less cold too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Feeling warm, sunny and cloudless sky. Very spring like today. temp 5.8 and rising. Think it will be a mild day today.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

So sorry, Meso. Pets are a gift in our lives for sure.

Unfortunately I had to euthanize my cat today, he was 17, almost 18, I have had him since I was 5 years old, he greeted me every morning with the strangest noises that have ever come out of a cat, 17 years of my entire life and hes seen me grow up, unfortunately it was his time he had kidney failure and most likely heart disease,  I saw a rainbow about 20 minutes after he had past, it made me feel alot better. I cant describe the feeling, he was part of my life for so long.

Sorry to hear :( You can't describe the feeling... I remember my cat being put down that was born before me!!! He lived from when I was 0-14 and boy he was funny moved hose 3 times with me.. When he was put down I couldn't stop the emotions.. Before we buried him in the back garden I kept trying to wake him up from being put down and crying saying wake up. Horrible :'(

Posted

Nice and mild here now temp 8.4 and probably still climbing, looks like some convection may kick off too. 

Posted

Very sorry to hear that.  My parents had to have their cat euthanized yesterday, too, so know what you're going through.  He would have been 15 next week and we had him from a kitten.  He had been poorly for a month and had lots of tests but failed to get to the bottom of the problem.  After deteriorating over the weekend, the vet could do no more for him.  Still don't really know what was wrong but the vet thinks it may have been a brain tumour.

Posted

A few light showers have passed through, knew the sky looked convective, nothing major about though. Temp 7.8, high earlier today of 9.6 

Posted

I am very sorry to hear about your cat.

Here it has turned extraordinarily bitter and there are white clouds above with some black ones.

Posted

Ah he lived a good life, not a bad age you know its inevitable one day but you never expect it to come. I remember when my Goldfish died it, passed away when I was 4. At the time I had no concept of death. I cried my eyes out, it's only human. Your cat is now at peace as hard as it sounds, the emotional attachment must be high for you considering it has been there for over 75% of your lifetime. Perhaps your cat wanted to cheer you up. :wink::)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Un-sure why you would still want to chase cold.. Some people still doing it and saying plenty of cold weather to come and snow... for "higher ground in the North" Most of us people down here not sure if any one agrees? Want Spring to hurry up and summer to be a warm hot sunny days with night time thunderstorms.. 

Yup! 'Dun Winterin' now time for some milder weather, longer days and a splash of colour

Sorry to hear that :(

But good age for a cat, and I expect a life well lived and loved.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

There was a hail shower here earlier. Not much else to say about today apart from some sunny intervals.

Sorry about your cat mesoscale, but I must say that 17 is a good innings, a year back our cat died at the age of 16, it feels less bad personally if they have lived a long and fulfilled life rather than it being cut short for various reasons. 

Posted

Just had some weird weather over here, it was just like a strong squall wind hitting the window followed by a minutes worth of rain then light snow then ice pellets and now nothing there at all, all calm and clear.Actually less than a minute, i ran to the window and it was gone very shortly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Un-sure why you would still want to chase cold.. Some people still doing it and saying plenty of cold weather to come and snow... for "higher ground in the North" Most of us people down here not sure if any one agrees? Want Spring to hurry up and summer to be a warm hot sunny days with night time thunderstorms.. 

No I wouldn't agree with that at all, I would love a freakishly cold March with record low temperatures and low lying snow.

But that's just my preferred weather type and what makes this forum great 

Shotski

Posted

A wet start here with outbreaks of rain, though it is drying up now.

Posted

Not got as warm here so far as I thought, been cloudy all day with some spots of rain now and then. Max so far of 8.7, wind hasn't as yet swang to a south westerly as yet either.