Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted

Nothing fell from the sky in MK today, nice clouds for the later half of the afternoon though.

I Envy those with the snow treat this morning.

post-20787-0-87169600-1424543878_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Most unexpected for some to have had snow earlier.  Chilly but dry and bright here today.

Posted

Always say the best snowfalls are the surprise ones....

Yes caught forecasters out, I guess it was down to evaporative cooling, the showers were very heavy and came just at the right time with temps and dewpoints on the right side of marginal.

Pleased for those who hadn't managed a cover this winter up to today.. I bet many were thinking no chance occurring. It is a reminder it is still winter and under the right conditions snow can suddenly appear out of nowhere.

Posted

I saw the threat from 11pm yesterday! but to be truthful it seemed a little marginal, but as damianslaw suggests evaporative cooling tipped the balance temperatures took a tumble and the snow line dropped. Some lucky places got a few inches which thawed rather quickly, this was not forecasted and the parameters were not screaming. Winter tends to rebel it will not slip away without a fight. :)

Posted

More importantly what this morning snowy surprise should teach many in the SE at least , you don't screaming northerlies, northeasterlies or easterlies, a channel low set up, a stalling front crashing into cold air, a Thames streamer to deliver snowfall to the SE. This event came from a westerly! under not particularly cold uppers, on paper a synoptic far from conducive to snowfall, and also should dispel the myth that some seem to believe that past mid feb chance of snow crashes.. how wrong..

Posted

Well, I didn't see any snow this morning but it looks like some may have done rather better than they did during that cold spell exactly 10 years ago with those awesome synoptics?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A mostly fine rest of the day here.

Now filled with curry and real ale. So the weather is pretty much irrelevant at this point :)

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

A mostly fine rest of the day here.

Now filled with curry and real ale. So the weather is pretty much irrelevant at this point :)

Sounds pretty good!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Clear and frosty start here, sunny spells outside at the moment.

No hangover which is a good thing :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Nice sunny start today, temp 5.2 still not much wind about. Sky looking slightly milky now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I must say I am really disappointed with the tiny amount of snow this year, I really was hoping for more. I just hope this isn't going to be a continuing trend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

I must say I am really disappointed with the tiny amount of snow this year, I really was hoping for more. I just hope this isn't going to be a continuing trend.

The night is still young , as they say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Grey wet and raw here...

Posted

Rain hasn't got here yet, getting windy though, and I'm sure it's not far away. Temp 5.4, thought it would be warmer for some reason. DP 2.4

Posted

An hour of heavy snow up here, then dry for an hour and a half, now sleety rain 2c raw.... Snow on the hills very wet and slushy... Melting....

Posted

Exceptionally heavy rain about 30m ago purples shown on the radar. High res NMM is captivating for tomorrow evening for the SE, parameters are supportive for snowfall as illustrated below.

post-19153-0-31681400-1424628331_thumb.jpost-19153-0-13702100-1424628401_thumb.jpost-19153-0-97797200-1424628422_thumb.jpost-19153-0-55023700-1424628586_thumb.j

Posted

Exceptionally heavy rain about 30m ago purples shown on the radar. High res NMM is captivating for tomorrow evening for the SE, parameters are supportive for snowfall as illustrated below.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Typical, let's hope the shower line makes it just that little bit more SE, it misses my corner lol.

Posted

Typical, let's hope the shower line makes it just that little bit more SE, it misses my corner lol.

+29 wintry precipitation eventually does, what can go wrong?

post-19153-0-98927500-1424630673_thumb.j

Posted

+29 wintry precipitation eventually does, what can go wrong?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Will it has quite a good chance of thunder too, not that it's always accurate. Here's hoping.