Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted

Flying over the centre of Australia was pretty fantastic. We went over the formations north of Uluru and the interaction of wind and ancient sandstone was fascinating. 

Today's weather report for Hailsham: morning grim and windy, grim and windier, slightly less grim but windier, lunchtime wet, wet, wet, partly clear late afternoon, another band of rain since. Bit warmer than the last couple of days.

Go to bed in absolute darkness Daniel*.

Flew over Aus in June last year, was gutted it was night when we arrived and when we flew back. People say the red dust is stunning from a plane, was gutted we didn't see it! However, when we flew to Cairns from Sydney we flew over the Barrier Reef, that was stunning! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Still dull and cloudy here, had a terrible meal at Loch Fyne (good going for a restaurant choice me :p)

Off to work to bring valentines joy to the masses (well those who celebrate with take out pizza)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Mostly cloudy with a few sunny spells and a few light showers once the wind veered east. Think we spent most of the day in or near the low center.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Lonely old place in here when theres no potential for snow, lol......

used to be good till the original regulars were displaced.

damp and cold here

Posted

used to be good till the original regulars were displaced.

damp and cold here

Pretty cold and damp here as well  --  both the weather and the forum.

Admitted I couldn't spend the time here I did last autumn/winter, but it was a great place to have chats  --  until we were told we were off topic.  The deception of adding a weather related comment to the end of a good chat wears thin after a while.

So people drift, bet many are still lurking, but why bother talking, weather is nondescript, any other topic appears to be taboo

Posted

Pretty cold and damp here as well  --  both the weather and the forum.

Admitted I couldn't spend the time here I did last autumn/winter, but it was a great place to have chats  --  until we were told we were off topic.  The deception of adding a weather related comment to the end of a good chat wears thin after a while.

So people drift, bet many are still lurking, but why bother talking, weather is nondescript, any other topic appears to be taboo

Choose the line, and many did.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well the suns out today so it beats yesterday already.

Posted

Evening All. :hi:

I do not have much to say, been a average sort of day cloudy but with sunnier interludes.

I sincerely hope all of you are all well and fine. Going to do some DIY wish me luck - the walls and ceilings need a lick of fresh paint, I love the smell of freshly coated walls. As I do with the aroma of petrol. :rofl:

Had a nice soak and I feel awfully sleepy, I did go asleep at 3am though so what can you expect.

Posted

Evening all,

It is very quiet on here now, I was hoping to get an update on what sort of weather we have in the South East today and maybe over the next few days, as i am flying back in tomorrow morning.

Cheers

FC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

Evening folks!

Thought I'd have a look at the models today and wished i hadn't. Nothing springlike or wintry to speak of. Around 25th Feb there is a colder spell but like last time its coming from the north. Boring. Boring. Boring. Those in Scotland and the north will see the snow but for the third time running, YET again for us in the SE its wind and cold rain. Yuck. leading up to this we'll see temps around 8oc Mark with rain interspersed with sunny spells, roll on spring......

Posted

Evening all,

It is very quiet on here now, I was hoping to get an update on what sort of weather we have in the South East today and maybe over the next few days, as i am flying back in tomorrow morning.

Cheers

FC

Monday is not looking pleasant, it will start off foggy clearing slowly in the morning, then by evening the heavens will open, PPN coming in from the west moderate/heavy rain is expected which will clear overnight.

Tuesday & Wednesday is looking nice and sunny, although it will be cool with a top temp of 8c although in the sunshine if will feel warmer. Not a dire outlook.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

It's been absolutely lovely today, but make sure you've got something waterproof to put on if you're coming back tomorrow!

Posted

Wet tomorrow for us midday onwards then a nippy night to follow, but after Tuesday it is looking good for milder conditions to prevail a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

It felt like a lovely spring day today, warmer outside than it was inside, now getting a bit nippy though, i have turned the heating up, well a least no rain today, so thats something

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Thick fog here. Came down really quickly...

Posted

Foggy here now, at least there was some sunny spells today, not cold either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Totally gorgeous day here in Biggin.  Beautiful sunshine whilst walking the Spaniel up at Cudham and enjoyed sitting by the window in the sun whilst drinking a pint up in Knockholt.  Lots of snow drops and the beginnings of lots of other spring flowers. Did want a full on snow day, however, after today, sunshine,bike rides and picnics sound pretty nice :-) x

Posted

Decent morning in Hailsham, although cloudy around lunchtime. The journey back to London late afternoon was mostly done in glorious sunshine. There were hang gliders over Ditchling beacon and Venus was bright in the western sky when I got back home as it got properly dark. Compared to the last few days, it was both mild and dry. A welcome change.

Posted

I'd be getting a little twitchy, eastern coastal areas be warned!

The 20th, 21st and 22nd of February have some very high tides with the 21st February being the highest tide for most in a 20 year bracket from 2008 - 2026. The tide at Avonmouth for example is due to be 10cm higher than the very high tide of last September (which is number 3 in the top ten). from TWO.

This is concerning as the latest runs do exactly what you do not want to happen. I did post a few days ago highlighting this, definitely worth a watch as the ECM & GFS would result in bad coastal flooding.

More details to come, chart to illustrate this.

post-19153-0-50339600-1424050389_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*