Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

wow such a lovely warm day today, got up to 14.1 much better, highest temp of this spring so far here. Hope the weather stays like this. Heard it will be cloudy again tomorrow though :(

Morning gang!

Sun is out  8)

However.. Model thread STILL chasing cold.. And it frustrates me seeing the more clued up posters posting charts with a northerly with -5 uppers.. It really makes no odds this time of Month.. The only people that (even if you call it a benifiet) from this would be the hills in the north and Midlands.. 

Why would you even want snow now??? 

Oh yeah and the weekend is going to be cool and cloudy just not as bitter as last weekend.. 

I could punch someone in the face today im so frustrated my birthday is now going to be cool (was looking 10-13 the other day).. BUT DRY!  :doh:

Edited by Surrey

Posted

What sun lol, here it feels freezing compared to yesterday, it's cloudy but may be a bit hazy at times. Temp 6.4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well some sunshine here this morning, Still a lot of low cloud around though. This story of low cloud looks like continuing for some time as we cannot seem to get either a warmer drier feed, an Atlantic flow or a clean cool north/north westerly. Any of those three would be ok but alas.

Posted

Got some hazy sun around now temp 7.1, which is the high so far today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A high of just 9C here (station at Writtle). There was some sunny spells but again the cloud has started to roll in again now. 

Tomorrows partial eclipse looks to be a case of the skies being duller than they would usually be. Shame.

Posted

Quite a noticeable haze over London skyline, not pleasant I fear for the partial Solar Eclipse!

A high of just 9C here (station at Writtle). There was some sunny spells but again the cloud has started to roll in again now. 

Tomorrows partial eclipse looks to be a case of the skies being duller than they would usually be. Shame.

You mean the day after? :)

Posted

Really dark thick cloud at the min, temp 4,9 

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

Couldn't tell till I went out, it was drizzling, it has now changed to light rain. When was this forecast.

Posted

No chance of Supermoon watching tonight...

This low cloud is going no where fast...

I think we will miss the Luna Eclipse tomorrow morning to due to this same problem

You can't see the moon tonight anyway because it is not visible tonight. It's approaching the new moon phase and that occurs only during the day. It so happens that this new moon is crossing the earth-sun orbital plane to produce a solar eclipse tomorrow. That's the only occasion you actually see a new moon Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 3

Posted

Grim and chilly, not much more to add really.

You can't see the moon tonight anyway because it is not visible tonight. It's approaching the new moon phase and that occurs only during the day. It so happens that this new moon is crossing the earth-sun orbital plane to produce a solar eclipse tomorrow. That's the only occasion you actually see a new moon

Oh okay.. I don't really care TBH im pretty frustrated as I said earlier that we may miss out on the luna eclipse 

Posted

A high today of 5.9 earlier, feels very cold in that wind at least the drizzle seems to have dried up for now. 

Posted

Oh okay.. I don't really care TBH im pretty frustrated as I said earlier that we may miss out on the luna eclipse 

As weather history said earlier, It's a solar eclipse, not a lunar one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

North Sea 5h^t here in Lowestoft. Detestable weather. I often wish the North Sea wasn't there, or maybe it was just a 10 mile wide channel.

Posted

Hopefully the cloud will start to clear southwards overnight, well that's what the models are saying. There should be a window of sunnier weather pushing through during the morning so hopefully we will get to see something. The north and the west of the region looks the best placed to see the eclipse, places such as Kent could be stuck under cloud for a good part of the day though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Hopefully the cloud will start to clear southwards overnight, well that's what the models are saying. There should be a window of sunnier weather pushing through during the morning so hopefully we will get to see something. The north and the west of the region looks the best placed to see the eclipse, places such as Kent could be stuck under cloud for a good part of the day though.

Yes, I think the front that will ruin some of North England's chances will help some of us. Kent looks worst place, but you never know. :)

Posted

Yes, I think the front that will ruin some of North England's chances will help some of us. Kent looks worst place, but you never know. :)

Fingers crossed.

The grey sky here is start to get a little bit of an orange tinge, just signs that maybe the cloud is beginning to thin a bit. That said a pretty dire day overall. Chilly too.

Posted

Burn the cloud!

post-19153-0-68464400-1426791076_thumb.j

Ah the latest London cloud forecast looked pretty dire, with sunnier spells coinciding after solar eclipse.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Burn the cloud!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Ah the latest London cloud forecast looked pretty dire, with sunnier spells coinciding after solar eclipse.

lol

drop a big bomb,that should clear the cloud :crazy:

• Like 1

Posted

For once Milton Keynes might have something better than London in the morning.

Although I still expect cloud up here as I have the eclipse glasses ready... Lol

Posted

grey and cloudy again, if anything there is more cloud around than forecast.