Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 02/07/15 Onward - Heat & Plumes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

It has suddenly got a bit eerie with a slight breeze around. It could be a sign...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Plymouth rain looking torrential now! 

Also first Sferic goes to Aberystwyth Congratulations!!!

Hurrah! *pops cork*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

As the cold front begins to move NE it will collide with the unstable airmass, so ppl in the areas of highest cape should start to see cells spurt up across the channel and move N/NE. the most unstable cape is around 23:00 around CS England so it's slowly moving in

Where is the cold front currently situated?

Posted

i think the trough pushing in the from the west destablising the plume is lying roughly from Plymouth to the Channel Islands could well be a few showers here in Poole need something to develop in the Channel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I seem to remember at the beginning of this week forecasting some records going down on Wednesday. A new July hottest temp record was duly set. However at the time, my prediction was jumped on by a few trigger happy contributors

This time, I predicted a distinct lack of significant storms let alone super cells and it looks like the very same. It just goes to show that weather models tend to be unreliable. I wonder if the new supercomputer at the met office will overcome this in time...who knows?

Enjoy the nice sunset with a juicy barbecue!

Congrats on predicting the record temps, but it's a little premature to verify your prediction tonight, seen as most of the severe action isn't until midnight onwards. You could be right of course, but as of now, it's still a prediction and nothing more  :) Nothing is set in stone!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

another strike reported near Shrewsbury!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Its funny cause the storms over W Wales arent even intense!

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

skys changing here west of swindon - cloud sheet startinv to put up towers - might kick off as it moves over the cotswolds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

First signs of a line of cells/storms/showers/chickens/whatever developing north of Swansea down towards Exeter with more cells firing north of Plymouth, moving NNE. Next few hours will be interesting, and pivotal!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Well, it's warm, windy and dark and I can see the cell over south Devon but no T&L yet, maybe it will explode soon...

• Like 1

Posted

Its funny cause the storms over W Wales arent even intense!

It looked more intense on the radar near Cardiff.. and we get mass of humidity and a few drops of rain! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Thunderstorms

If its anything like wednesday, there was nothing even mildly exciting on any radars at 9:30, by 10PM all hell had broken loose and storms had gone from nothing to full blown heavy rain and CG strikes. Looks like its going to take some time to get up to me in the NW, if it hits us at all. I was hoping for a repeat of Wednesday! It was incredible.

• Like 2

Posted

Dark sky is coming closer. I am sat in the garden in shorts and a vest top. It was far to warm in the house. Got a nice brew hubby and dogs to keep me company. Let's have this.....

Fingers crossed we get to see a gurt lush storm here.....

Posted

That Burzweo app is brilliant, it's in polish but in settings you can get wind direction at about 20 different altitudes, it's fascinating, temps as well, the difference in wind down here and 20,000 feet is mega different, can you get a version in English?

Posted

does anyone have any link to an Guernsey web cams, looking like something is trying happen down there...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Absolutely my friend, that tankard is Blonde freshly purchased this evening :-) At danger tho of falling asleep before any action here this evening! lol

Ha, quality! Good stuff :) We have a keg of blonde in the garage, most gone now though! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

"Cloud view" > WNW

post-12495-0-14712200-1435954971_thumb.j

• Like 3