Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 02/07/15 Onward - Heat & Plumes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

I seem to remember at the beginning of this week forecasting some records going down on Wednesday. A new July hottest temp record was duly set. However at the time, my prediction was jumped on by a few trigger happy contributors

This time, I predicted a distinct lack of significant storms let alone super cells and it looks like the very same. It just goes to show that weather models tend to be unreliable. I wonder if the new supercomputer at the met office will overcome this in time...who knows?

Enjoy the nice sunset with a juicy barbecue!

Well done mate, But please don't blow youre own trumpet. Do that enough times and the Trumpet will be blowing you!!! :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  

• Like 1

Posted

I remember that day, I took these below. Hope to get something tonight with my new camera and lens.

I remember this well also, It developed just to the South East of the Isle of Wight. Was near constant lightning and gusty winds!

• Like 1

Posted

Could it be that things are starting further north than forecast? If so, very good news for northern England.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and stormy.

All quiet East side for now 

post-12197-0-81854000-1435955149_thumb.j

Posted

I'll echo what Harry said - humidity seems all over place

I've just come back from gym - and it now feels fresher than earlier (and no not because I'm hot and bothered from gym)

Posted

Newbie here ' just like to say hello and hoping all who want's T& L gets it , Temp here in Wales is 23c and cloud building and very humid .

Look's like a promising night in store for us fans who like the Storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Could it be that things are starting further north than forecast? If so, very good news for northern England.

Looks like it, the SW is pretty much dead by the looks of things...

• Like 2

Posted

I seem to remember at the beginning of this week forecasting some records going down on Wednesday. A new July hottest temp record was duly set. However at the time, my prediction was jumped on by a few trigger happy contributors

This time, I predicted a distinct lack of significant storms let alone super cells and it looks like the very same. It just goes to show that weather models tend to be unreliable. I wonder if the new supercomputer at the met office will overcome this in time...who knows?

Enjoy the nice sunset with a juicy barbecue!

My what a confident lad you are, it, unless I misread no model or forecast, was  predicted not to start anywhere until late evening and into the night and early morning. Currently 2127 so a bit early to be so sure you are right perhaps?

• Like 1

Posted

Newbie here ' just like to say hello and hoping all who want's T& L gets it , Temp here in Wales is 23c and cloud building and very humid .

Look's like a promising night in store for us fans who like the Storms.

Welcome to the nuthouse :D 

Yes, we Welshys are very anxious.. what with all these teasing showers about the place

Posted

Sussex is ready and waiting for the storms! :D

we certainly are kate!

Posted

Well done mate, But please don't blow youre own trumpet. Do that enough times and the Trumpet will be blowing you!!! :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  

Hmm, those were the days in a rather nice soho nightclub :friends:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Feels cool here with a fresh NE breeze. It is hard to believe there are big storms forecast for tonight. I am still feeling hopeful despite the fact it does not feel warm or humid, there are just too many parameters in place (on the charts) for me to feel downbeat. The fact there are already sferics to the west makes me feel confident too.

Posted

Simmer down folks, the models didnt have initial development forecast until at least 22:00 maybe later, plenty of time yet

Edited by ChezWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Yep, developments starting around here. Surrounding skies are filled with towering altocumulus.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

not dead yet for the sw - we have mu cape moving in with warm air advection and destabilisation from the west - stil could kick off pretty quickly.