Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Weather Discussion 14/11/15 Onwards

Liam J

Posted

Just wanting Wednesday out of the way - can't enjoy this brief calmer spell because of further likely impending misery.. Lets hope it doesn't turn out quite so bad as currently expected.. but however it looks Wednesday looks a right off in the Lake District.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 minute ago, damianslaw said:

Just wanting Wednesday out of the way - can't enjoy this brief calmer spell because of further likely impending misery.. Lets hope it doesn't turn out quite so bad as currently expected.. but however it looks Wednesday looks a right off in the Lake District.

Not a good day to be out on the fells.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

sunny, cold and fresh outside, lovely day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Breeze picking up here with a few showers ahead of the next predicted deluge of rain!! So no doubt more flooding issues on the cards... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

I think for the Lake District the big question will be does the front stall or clear through sharpish ?? I reckon anything up to 4" around here we will just about manage, anything over that and we will be looking at major flooding again ...

Edited by Badgers01

Posted

Two back2back days of decent dog walking weather, bit of a rarity in recent weeks.  Making the most of it before Frank delivers a knockout punch.  The rain will be the talking point yet again, but Iceland will take a direct hit, with 90mph snowstorms there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Wind has just started getting up in last half an hour still dry though :)

i think it will be windy and wet but nothing out of the ordinary for winter in Cumbria no more than a couple of inches of rain at worst - not the static orographic forcing rain event we had 4 weeks ago .... 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Still calm out though I'm shure that will change ..

Its not here really windy, has been all afternoon and its picking up even more now, its very cold as well unless thats just me age!! :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Wind starting to get up a bit but still dry.....for now.

Posted
On 12/26/2015 at 2:12 PM, Thunder Snow said:

On 12/28/2015 at 8:35 AM, iand61 said:

Edited by tinybill

Posted

Not as windy as earlier, had a fair few gusts earlier but calmed down a bit now, no rain at all but yet raintoday radar has been full of it over us for the past 4 hours but nothing coming down? I dont think it will be as bad as anticipated.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
1 minute ago, SparkleS said:

Not as windy as earlier, had a fair few gusts earlier but calmed down a bit now, no rain at all but yet raintoday radar has been full of it over us for the past 4 hours but nothing coming down? I dont think it will be as bad as anticipated.

There seemed to be a bit of anaprop around your area but rain seems legit for the most part in other areas

Posted
7 minutes ago, James M said:

There seemed to be a bit of anaprop around your area but rain seems legit for the most part in other areas

Ah right you learn something new everyday! I had to look up what it meant though ;) 

ANAPROP - ANomAlous PROPagation - when radar microwaves are refraction by things like inversions down to the ground, and are then reflected back to the dish - as far as the radar is concerned, something is there, and so it displays it as a return, but it is not precip!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Getting quite windy out now but we not in any warnings for tonight and tomorrow !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

windy but nothing out of the ordinary.. just another standard depression down here.. but further north in our region, the rain is going to be the main issue.

Edited by SP1986

Posted

No power here in Northern Ireland! Torrential rain, roads flooded and  9 flights at Belfast international could not let passengers off planes due to strength of winds. Boats  also cancelled and roads blocked with fallen trees. Frank has hit us good!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Looking at the latest modelling, I fear for the region I really do. ANY amount of rain will be enough to tip the balance for many places. More misery for more places.