Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

One good thing to come out of this vile mild pathetic winter is my fuel bill,only had the central heating on 3 times and for less than 2hrs on each occasion,so out of every misery comes some ray of light!

Posted
1 hour ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Why do you still want warm in November?

Because I don't like cold. Anyway the question is why people prefer cold in spring when nature is stirring when the joys of snow are not involved. It seems quite perverse to me.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
Just now, knocker said:

Because I don't like cold. Anyway the question is why people prefer cold in spring when nature is stirring when the joys of snow are not involved. It seems quite perverse to me.

Yes but I don't see any comfort in warm, I cannot understand how anyone needs much more than 15c to sit outside a pub, the other point is the joys of snow can be involved right up to late April (1981 being a case in point), I hate sweating my you know what off, I accept you don't like cold but I despise warmth, plus hopefully the newly born house spiders (I have a phobia of) are killed early so there is not going to be an excess of them come August or September, I hate insects full stop.

• Like 4

Posted
17 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Yes but I don't see any comfort in warm, I cannot understand how anyone needs much more than 15c to sit outside a pub, the other point is the joys of snow can be involved right up to late April (1981 being a case in point), I hate sweating my you know what off, I accept you don't like cold but I despise warmth, plus hopefully the newly born house spiders (I have a phobia of) are killed early so there is not going to be an excess of them come August or September, I hate insects full stop.

Totally agree,i love sitting outside a country pub on a cool evening,15c would be perfect. Never  will this get this love of the heat/humidity side of the uk weather,thankfully the current way our weather is progressing this type of weather may well become more and more infrequent. As for sweating thats just weird how anybody could enjoy a day like that especially when your working

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
4 hours ago, cornish snow said:

Why, for the love of that man on high,do people still want to see COLD weather? Dont get it. 

Gotta get out more,spring is such a wonderful period,full of hope. Why would you not want that? baffling.

Honestly think some people would welcome WW3 just to get a nuclear winter!!!

We get enough warmth  anyway during most of the yr so why not i say. I mean look at autumn these days  for exampe,that season is dying imo -much of it is just an extension of summer now. 

Its more dry weather i want at this time of yr anyway whatever about the temps,but if its cold so be it. Nice cool fresh spring weather.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

In reply to Frosty, there is the human created calendar that says spring starts on March 1st.....and Mother Nature's definition....when She says so....

And to those questioning why some of is still want snow...because we drew the short straw and haven't had any this winter...:wallbash:

Edited by Ravendane
  • Like 2

Posted

Each to their own.I personally like extremes of the cold and hot variety.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm sunny summers.

It's at this point I forget about looking at the models.

Winter's over for another year and what a stinker it was too. Pretty much mild, snowless, and frost free throughout. The mildest on record in England and Wales, so it can't get much worse than that.

We're still long over due a string of really cold winters, unless the climate in the UK has changed.

2009/10 has really been the best one over the last 10-15 years or so, along with December 2010

Edited by Peter H
  • Like 1

Posted

As they say… " more chance of SNOW in March, than december "… anyway there's more chance of a continued AUTUMN ( rain, wind, rain, wind, storms, flooding ), 75% of the yr… than real warmth!! So bring on the COLD, SNOW… it'll soon be AUTUMN, knocker lol :hi:

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, knocker said:

And others will think its perverse that you want warmth in November. As others have said its all personal preference and your team did good this Winter

• Like 5

Posted
49 minutes ago, Abyss said:

And others will think its perverse that you want warmth in November. As others have said its all personal preference and your team did good this Winter

My team!!! That comment really shines a light on the mind set of many who post in this area. I mean it's well known that my posts are the essence of objectivity and totally lack any pre-conditioned bias.

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, knocker said:

My team!!! That comment really shines a light on the mind set of many who post in this area. I mean it's well known that my posts are the essence of objectivity and totally lack any pre-conditioned bias.

Wow sensitive much. You said you liked warm weather and as it was a mild/warm Winter I said your team did well meaning it was a good Winter for mildies/warmies.  How you managed to be offended by that is really quite pathetic, pity me . Honestly grow up man child

Edited by Abyss
  • Like 4

Posted
11 minutes ago, Abyss said:

Wow sensitive much. You said you liked warm weather and as it was a mild/warm Winter I said your team did well meaning it was a good Winter for mildies/warmies.  How you managed to be offended by that is really quite pathetic, pity me . Honestly grow up man child

Somehow I think you have totally misread my post. I wasn't the slightest bit offended and my reply was totally tongue in cheek. Perhaps more thought before dashing to the keyboard.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

all this talk of SSW.  what's the point now it is too late for it to be of any significant use for any cold and snow.  all we will have is cold rain.  too little too late.  This winter can now take a hike.  it's been rubbish.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, snow freak said:

all this talk of SSW.  what's the point now it is too late for it to be of any significant use for any cold and snow.  all we will have is cold rain.  too little too late.  This winter can now take a hike.  it's been rubbish.

How can it be of no use?? There is no LAW, as what dictates the weather… only the weather dictates!! Granted an EASTERLY now… wouldn't be as potent but I'd still take it, if it was severe!! Superb winter as happened b4 at this time of year… who are we to say it won't happen again… records are there to be broken… and as mi name suggests, I'm a great believer in it!! Records from hundreds of years will tell you that!! 

Ps… in the USA can still get a severe spell, so can we

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
16 hours ago, Ravendane said:

In reply to Frosty, there is the human created calendar that says spring starts on March 1st.....and Mother Nature's definition....when She says so....

And to those questioning why some of is still want snow...because we drew the short straw and haven't had any this winter...:wallbash:

Hi Ravendane,

Just wanted to apologize for my post the other day, sorry again:) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Personally I fail to see how people can get excited by temperatures in the mid teens but each to their own.

I love extremes of weather, whether it be hot or cold, for me 'mild' is a horrible word. :)

So unless the models start showing temperatures of 20C+ then I'm not interested in it warming up yet, I'd rather continue to look for the chance of snow, especially as it's been over two years since I've seen a damn snowflake here!

A few years ago we had snow in April here so it's not impossible...

• Like 3

Posted
22 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Totally agree,i love sitting outside a country pub on a cool evening,15c would be perfect. Never  will this get this love of the heat/humidity side of the uk weather,thankfully the current way our weather is progressing this type of weather may well become more and more infrequent. As for sweating thats just weird how anybody could enjoy a day like that especially when your working

• Like 3

Posted

Looking like single figure temp's next week by me to a happy chap. Here's to a cool spring followed by a normal summer,no extremes!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, markyo said:

Yes, I could quite easily cope with negative temperatures day and night all the year around but I can understand why some wouldn't want that.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Temps look to be nearer 9-13c through the weekend and into next week as the high has just nudged into a slightly cooler position that what was indicated yesterday. More of a chilly feed of air from the east mixing with milder air coming over the top of the high. Still warm enough to kickstart the lovely Spring growth though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
53 minutes ago, Milhouse said:

Temps look to be nearer 9-13c through the weekend and into next week as the high has just nudged into a slightly cooler position that what was indicated yesterday. More of a chilly feed of air from the east mixing with milder air coming over the top of the high. Still warm enough to kickstart the lovely Spring growth though.

feel warmest oop norf, less wind, my area struggle with the easterly wind and sea mist

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow
3 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Yes, I could quite easily cope with negative temperatures day and night all the year around but I can understand why some wouldn't want that.

LOL,some!!

Are you an Eskimo?

• Like 5