Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

When Will it Snow?

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Looks interesting for parts of Scotland tomorrow, 10-15cm possible to high ground! 

attachicon.gifwarn10.PNG

It always snows in Scotland, need to pick London up and dump it in the Highlands :good: It will snow now in Scotland and 2028 in London :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Would want Solihull to be dug up and placed in the Highlands too. ...But then, there is a major drawback: less likely to become affected by warm/hot, thundery, plumes in the Summer.

Perhaps places like Solihull and London could be moved up North during Winter, and then moved back down South during Spring and/or Summer. (Despite the fact that wouldn't please everyone). :p

For the first snowfall here, though, (excluding last weekend's wintry shot due to it being just outside of the main Winter season), going to go for December 29th. Further falls of snow then on January 11th, January 12th, January 19th, January 28th, February 17th, February 28th, March 6th and April 6th. All complete guesses... honest!

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Would want Solihull to be dug up and placed in the Highlands too. ...But then, there is a major drawback: less likely to become affected by warm/hot, thundery, plumes in the Summer.

Perhaps places like Solihull and London could be moved up North during Winter, and then moved back down South during Spring and/or Summer. (Despite the fact that wouldn't please everyone). :p

For the first snowfall here, though, (excluding last weekend's wintry shot due to it being just outside of the main Winter season), going to go for December 29th. Further falls of snow then on January 11th, January 12th, January 19th, January 28th, February 17th, February 28th, March 6th and April 6th. All complete guesses... honest!

bloody 'eck that's optimistic, realistically I say mid Feb, slushy covering

and wish this location could be lifted up by 300m

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Usual winter situation tomorrow really. Snow pretty much just for scotland only whilst the rest of the country basks (or gets blown away!!!) in the mild air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

FWIW, I've a feeling we'll get a real blast of snow, this time around. I just don't know when. :cold:  :D

Posted

On average we tend to see our first snowfall around 3rd week of December and proper cover last week of December - transient in nature though. January is the month when snowfall is most likely here, always has been. I never expect much before Christmas.

Posted

bloody 'eck that's optimistic, realistically I say mid Feb, slushy covering

and wish this location could be lifted up by 300m

Might be a bit too optimistic of me I'd admit, as sometimes it is easy to have expectations raised too high, but would at least expect most Winter's to produce a few instances of snow around here throughout the season - even if some of those instances were nothing more than just the odd snow shower falling on a particular day. I suppose, though, it does depend on your location in the region as some places do seem to do better than others at times. It can be frustrating when an area of heavy snow literally decides to sneak past your area by about half a mile away; as though the snow is thinking, "oh great, not this place, let's go around it and dump our white stuff somewhere else!" :unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

We will have a snow shower at 3:10pm one day end of January, with a biting wind which will stop at 3:20 as I open the front door from the school run. Only snow of that year. :rofl:

I will then await my one only clap of thunder in the summer. :aggressive:  :bomb:

Posted

We will have a snow shower at 3:10pm one day end of January, with a biting wind which will stop at 3:20 as I open the front door from the school run. Only snow of that year. :rofl:

Very precise! But you're so wrong about the snow shower. It will start at exactly 54 and a half seconds past 3:10pm. :spiteful:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

When its'cold enough

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

I've no dout some ware in Russia as I type this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Here just now. Steady snow falling and lying. 1C.

Posted

For widespread snowfalls in southern and central England, I would keep an eye on the week of 18-24 January.

This may not be the first snow but I think it may provide a more widespread wintry scenario.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Not soon enough. Seriously bored with cutting grass now, need some cold weather to stop the rotten stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
18 minutes ago, jethro said:

Not soon enough. Seriously bored with cutting grass now, need some cold weather to stop the rotten stuff.

It's amazingly green though. Haven't seen such verdance, in December, for many a long year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
15 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

It's amazingly green though. Haven't seen such verdance, in December, for many a long year.

Ditto. It's a combination of how mild it's been and the steady supply of rain. It's not the moisture as such which makes it so prolific, it's the nitrogen it washes out of the atmosphere and delivers to the grass. Lawn fertiliser/greener is simply a high nitrogen feed, the rain is doing a good job of feeding the blasted stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Tomorrow for some

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_15121212_1100.gif

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

We may get some early Thursday morning other wise looking a blank before that.