Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
52 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Getting a bit excited now!  nyam1.gif 

wth.thumb.png.a49331549d651a9660f4c509e3

Excitement shattered!

47baa9d1e5d031a5739fd11e1cb7ef5f.png

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

1·7c. Chilly Night .Starry Skies. 

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Inland location about as far as you can get from any coast and in a valley not helping in the frost department - still above freezing at 0.6C at 11pm.

Posted

A change is coming....GFS pub run has shown what is possible with a shift in the jet by 500 miles south...the consistantly regressive way the GFS has treated that low next Tues backs it up...strong Easterly next week is a significant possibility.

Edited by Paul T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
29 minutes ago, The Enforcer said:

Inland location about as far as you can get from any coast and in a valley not helping in the frost department - still above freezing at 0.6C at 11pm.

That's usually me!

It's 1.4°C here, but everything is white as the humidity is very high.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
11 minutes ago, Paul T said:

A change is coming....GFS pub run has shown what is possible with a shift in the jet by 500 miles south...the consistantly regressive way the GFS has treated that low next Tues backs it up...strong Easterly next week is a significant possibility.

Meaning just the cornish see a snow event... I think they have had more than rest of us over last 3 years through northerly's :wallbash: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just popped out with the phone to take a couple of pics.

Amazing what 1.5m means in terms of temp- a 2 °C difference.

20160210_234700.thumb.jpg.f3bb95a0e5d56a

A very clear night for a change! Not sure if you can see the plough in the second pic or not?

20160210_235407.thumb.jpg.53b407dbaa58bf20160210_235233.thumb.jpg.9c08896efdb6d6

20160210_235140.thumb.jpg.24b0acdd449a0b20160210_235052.thumb.jpg.d5e4492c69d5ae

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Down to -0.7c clear. Fresh. Nice.

Posted
16 hours ago, gottolovethisweather said:

.... Tis only Wednesday and a lot of time to go yet in order to see an upgrade. ....

What sayeth you? Take this man outside an flog him, with 1000 lashes.:girl_devil:

The theme of the year is "DOWNGRADE", yet man you speaketh of UPGRADE, thoust has the tongue of the devil!:diablo:

• Like 3

Posted

Calm morning with some large Cu around giving the odd moderate rain shower. Temp 3.5C.

I feel the cold snap forecast for the next few days is pretty much nailed on although looking at the GFS this morning and other outputs last night the likelihood of any significant snowfall appears minimal. The GFS has the low running though the channel on Saturday bringing rain to southern parts although I suspect this still could still give a sprinkling on higher ground. Thereafter perhaps the east and north east most likely with convection off the North Sea. By midweek a weak frontal system edges west which could well bring some transient snow as it meets the cold air but as that's six days away a watching brief is the best bet as a fair bit of detail vi the evolution has yet to be finalised.

gfs_ptype_slp_uk2_11.thumb.png.c8762bfe7gfs_ptype_slp_uk2_28.thumb.png.f0ae6856a

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

It's a beautiful winter morning here, clear blue sky and everything white with frost :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Lovely frosty morning here, sun is shining - lovely.

Can't really get excited about the up coming cold spell, I think I'm exhausted from all the let downs these last few winters.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

I blame Carol Kirkwood... I was late picking up my car share as scraping the car took 10 minutes! I assumed it would be easy to scrape as Carol said it would be -1 - it was -5! Hard frost, and ice on the inside. I put it down mainly to the Wren Close frost pocket (lovelly bowl shaped valley, with us at the bottom...)

Have mostly given this winter up now - I was briefly interested about this weekend but tbh seeing 7-9 deg C described as 'bitter' by Carol is the final straw! Bitter! Really...

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, warmintim said:

I blame Carol Kirkwood... I was late picking up my car share as scraping the car took 10 minutes! I assumed it would be easy to scrape as Carol said it would be -1 - it was -5! Hard frost, and ice on the inside. I put it down mainly to the Wren Close frost pocket (lovelly bowl shaped valley, with us at the bottom...)

Have mostly given this winter up now - I was briefly interested about this weekend but tbh seeing 7-9 deg C described as 'bitter' by Carol is the final straw! Bitter! Really...

Yep the perils of going hard and fast at the start of the season means by now everyone starts to flag a bit.

I know its been described the winter of the downgrade I'd say also the winter of jam tomorrow. 

Great day today so far though. Just wish it was at the weekend so it can be enjoyed!

Posted

arpegeuk-1-75-0.png?11-07

This image though should excite certain dorset forum members!! If this came off it might be the only time Dorset is the snow hotspot of the UK!

Posted
2 minutes ago, festivalking said:

arpegeuk-1-75-0.png?11-07

This image though should excite certain dorset forum members!! If this came off it might be the only time Dorset is the snow hotspot of the UK!

Nope, doesn't work, sorry. Downgraded by tomorroww AM.:whistling:

Posted
Just now, Dorsetbred said:

Nope, doesn't work, sorry. Downgraded by tomorroww AM.:whistling:

Worth a go though :D