Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sunday 8th August 2004

highcliffe2

Posted

Covering of grey cloud currently, light rain just starting to fall and winds picking up. Checked radar and this is only a little segment of showers thats broken off in front of the main build up.

Weather forcasts indicate the heaviest rain to hit the midlands around midnight tonight, however the east mids radar shows very heavy (dark red cols on radar) on the 24h radar until after 13:00 tommorow.

Anyone further west from the mids have any updates for me?

Posted

re=posting in here for the benefit of the storm leagues etc :D

wow, that was fun. It's a huge squall line I had one cell to my east, one to my west and one over the top of me. the result= lightning every few second with very loud thunder and torrential rain Loads of cg's and cc's, was really quite amazing, would have been better if it had lasted longer tho. Storms still rumbling on in the distance

I seen double spider like cgs that were only 100yards away, it was really fun but scary

I got pics and i recorded it on video camera. The video footage will take a few days to get online but i'll start looking at the pics 8)

Posted

Light rain has now stopped, winds eased off slightly. However the main front isn't expected to hit the midlands till around 10pm tonight.

Posted

Had a few more rumbles of thunder earlier, but i think thats it until tommorrow, when the stuf from down sotuh moves north over scotland :D

Posted

Hi Ross!

Storm has passed over and woaahh it was amazing, very loud thunder and the lighning was like the stuff u see in Florida 8)

I saw yer pics and thats what it was like here, I thought a tornado was gonna pop out of the sky :D

The lightning was a redish/pink colour here :shock: 8)

Posted
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l

That line of storms passed over here too. Good show!

Posted

Saw some distant lightning out to sea and was caught in a very heavy burst of rain at around 23:30 whilst out walking Southsea sea front