Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Lamb shank with mashed potato and sweetcorn. 

Lol I see the models predicting snow in 11 days time. Do I believe it. Nope ( reverse sicilogy)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms
2 hours ago, Wilks said:

Loving the nice taste of spring at the moment! Managed the beer garden for lunch today lovely in the strong sunshine!

:hi:Here Here, long may it continue. Hoping for more of the same tomoz.:hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

It's actully been pretty chilly here today with mostly cloud and some sunny spells. Stayed below 5 untill about 2 when the sun did come out for a bit longer, ended up with a top temp at 3 of 6.1 The sun does make a lot of difference. I'm not expecting as much sun from the northeasterly as the forecasts think. It'll most probably be a stratosfest, so it will feel freezing. Tomorrow I think even though it hasn't been forecast we may have fog here. Quite common from a southerly here. If that does happen I don't expect it to warm up much during the day. Temp already dropped to 0.8 here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
55 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Lamb shank with mashed potato and sweetcorn. 

Lol I see the models predicting snow in 11 days time. Do I believe it. Nope ( reverse sicilogy)

Those weather models must think we are a bunch of gullible idiots. They have been showing snow at the end of their runs for quite a while now and it never happens. Nobody is going to fall for it anymore,:rolleyes: (apart from those in the MOD thread.:whistling:

Posted

Trying out the reverse psychology thing here but just brought a new outdoors table chairs and parasole, and gardening equipment, all being delivered tomorro, and planning on buying a 12 ft frame pool this weekend, think the beautiful blue skies this past couple of days have gone to my head haha, now I'm looking forward to a day gardening and enjoying the (slightly) warm ish okay maybe cold sun this weekend, so if we get extreme cold and snow soon I'll let you blame me for bringing on sods law...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes, snow, thunder, hot heat, ice cold, etc
5 minutes ago, hurricane-anna said:

Omg Omg don't kno what's happened there... I'm not hurricane anna, I'm snowprincesspboro???????

It's ok I've somehow signed into someone else's account????? Logged out and back in and Im me again... any bugs on here???

Posted
7 minutes ago, snowprincesspboro said:

It's ok I've somehow signed into someone else's account????? Logged out and back in and Im me again... any bugs on here???

Well done hurricane Anna you got your 3rd like lol

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Those weather models must think we are a bunch of gullible idiots. They have been showing snow at the end of their runs for quite a while now and it never happens. Nobody is going to fall for it anymore,:rolleyes: (apart from those in the MOD thread.:whistling:

I know I know . Still get sucked in sometime though . Midweek last week being one such time. Boo

Posted
12 minutes ago, snowprincesspboro said:

How is that even possible:oops::drunk-emoji::cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes, snow, thunder, hot heat, ice cold, etc
21 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

How is that even possible:oops::drunk-emoji::cc_confused:

Wish i had a clue??? I typed a reply and noticed, I signed out then back in and was me again, honestly don't have a clue what happened.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Just been in the model forum and once again there are some members going on about snow potential in 144 haha, do they do it on purpose or do they like to punish themselves, probably be saying the same thing in June and July, lol..... basically frosty here this morning :)

Posted

Cold this morning, sun is shining, so it will warm up quick. Got down to -1.6 which makes it the coldest night this winter here. Wind is ese-se temp now 3.8, dp -0.8

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

3rd night on the trot below -2cm much like last week when we had 3 frosts on the trot.

However hardly cold is it.
To get what the MOD thread want, the met has to say words like very, extremely colder than average and anything that falls out of the sky will be white.

Having said that, get a really windy north/north westerly with deep cold embedded, you can have some fantastic snow/hail showers once March gets going, this will be our best bet for white stuff out of the sky.

Posted

There is cross model agreement this morning that the models disagree with each other.:cc_confused: Wasn't that cold last night 0c

• Like 1

Posted

Main frost was here at 1am then just above freezing after 4am, but only just.

Still had to scrap off ice on wind screen at 8am though.

Now over3c.

Posted

Same with the timings here seaside, Temp now 4.4 dp -0.4, the suns shining through a milky sky not a clear one,

Posted

How depressing Fergie confirmed in the MOD thread, that March appears to be below average for the whole month according to EC monthly.
Also another will it wont it, end of next week.
As exciting as Dallas who shot JR. :diablo:

Maybe just maybe snow wishers may get their desires. :friends:

Posted
11 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

How depressing Fergie confirmed in the MOD thread, that March appears to be below average for the whole month according to EC monthly.
Also another will it wont it, end of next week.
As exciting as Dallas who shot JR. :diablo:

Maybe just maybe snow wishers may get their desires. :friends:

Fergies chart looks cold cloudy but dry mostly for the SE, warm in the north west, however as that high may be around for a while, the orientation is perfect for lows to attack from the east, which I've seen before in that sort of set up. Then you'll hear all the northerners moaning about how can it be cold enough for snow in the south when we have temps of 12.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

:hi:Another fine sunny day so far here in East Sussex. Some shower cloud but not really cold as they forecast, light wind, so it feels spring like in the sun. Cut the grass again, Not bad for February. :hi:

Posted

Not many clouds about at all now and feels quite warm. A lot different to the forecast . ?

Posted

Lucky lucky.
Been cloudy all day, this morning early some bright bits, last 2 hours just overcast.