Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Feeling rather cool here, had some sunny spells at times, but mostly cloudy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Spent yesterday cooking and crafting at bubs school, lovely morning, but i needed my thick cardie, really felt the coolness ( even hubs felt cold), 

same today, strong breeze and i've got a fleece on over my t-shirt to go hurt in the garage.  Wouldn't say it is pleasant or warm for that matter, horrible, but looks like is brightening up.

Thank heavens for chicken and chips and BBQ sauce.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Going to rain next week with westerly foul winds:cray:

Yes I noticed the vile jet stream is aimed right at us next week, joy! Hopefully won't stay there all summer but not holding my breath.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Not too bad a day, thanks to a very acceptable amount of sunny spells cheering things up. Blooming chilly in the wind when the sun was behind the clouds though. High of 12.4C here but the clouds have completely melted away now and down to 8C at 20.45. Ground frost looking likely.

With the max temps for today now available from the various weather stations in our Region I can announce the winning entry to my "temperature challenge" for today..... for fun only! :)

To be honest, no forecast was spot on, but IMHO the closest entry was Arpege. This morning's Met Office chart would have been the winner, but the entry was too late - my challenge was based on yesterday's forecasts (and their forecast from yesterday was too optimistic). The highest temp in my selection of stations (in my chart below) was Farnborough at 14.2C with St James Park in Central London only making 14.1C. Clearly the further west the better.

Today's Max Temps Max Temps Sat14May2016.jpg Arpege forecast from yesterday Arpege on Fri Temp Sat14May 16.00.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well yesterday wasn't too bad with light winds and some sunny spells. It does look sunnier today given we haven't started with the areas of cloud like we had yesterday. It does feel chilly in the shade but pretty pleasant in the sun. A usable weekend but I preferred last weekend when the temperatures were 10C higher.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Well yesterday wasn't too bad with light winds and some sunny spells. It does look sunnier today given we haven't started with the areas of cloud like we had yesterday. It does feel chilly in the shade but pretty pleasant in the sun. A usable weekend but I preferred last weekend when the temperatures were 10C higher.

Me too, can't beat warmth at this time of year, feels so nice after 6 months of cold. Today not a bad day at all, already warmer than yesterday at a scorching 15C :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It has actually been a pretty decent day, good sunny spells and light winds. 16C the high so actually the temperatures were around average for the time of year.

Posted
7 hours ago, LimoPreacherman said:

the question is: would you prefer the heat or thunder

Heat! More chance of decent storms when it breaks down 

• Like 1

Posted

Nice start today, clouded over in the afternoon, with a couple of very light showers.

Posted

Another lovely day here, currently 19C and long sunny spells with just small bits of cloud. Light winds too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

A very do able day, nice temps, plenty of sun, light winds, in fact perfect.

Posted

A decent day, it did cloud over during the middle of the afternoon but up to early afternoon and from late afternoon there has been plenty of sunshine. A high of 17C.

Posted

Some lovely do able weather and no one is interested.

How quiet is it in here, maybe everyone is so busy outside enjoying this lovely weather.

Posted

Yep been a nice day for the most part, did cloud over for a bit in the middle here though, and it's been quite windy this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
5 hours ago, seaside 60 said:

Some lovely do able weather and no one is interested.

How quiet is it in here, maybe everyone is so busy outside enjoying this lovely weather.

Ha ha! Sore point seaside! I wish I had been outside the last couple of days. It's looked lovely out there with good sunny spells and temps around 17-18C. Unfortunately Mrs Blessed has had me locked in the lounge and said I couldn't come out until the wallpaper was all off and the room redecorated. :laugh:

But I was given the thumbs-up to pop to the local earlier as a reward for progress made, and it was a very nice late afternoon stroll down in the sunshine! :)

Posted

Well today pretty much went exactly the same as yesterday, sunny until early afternoon and from late afternoon onwards with a cloudier spell in between. Pleasantly warm again with a high of 18C.

Posted

Funny yellowy sky so I peak out as you do and it's spitting with rain. Take a look at the radar and i'm under a light shower. Way to go. 

As I have said before, forecast thunder nothing, forecast a 10% chance of a light shower, Bedford is all over it.

silly weather.:pardon: 

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Ha ha! Sore point seaside! I wish I had been outside the last couple of days. It's looked lovely out there with good sunny spells and temps around 17-18C. Unfortunately Mrs Blessed has had me locked in the lounge and said I couldn't come out until the wallpaper was all off and the room redecorated. :laugh:

But I was given the thumbs-up to pop to the local earlier as a reward for progress made, and it was a very nice late afternoon stroll down in the sunshine! :)

Next rime dont use wallpaper then its very quick to change paint colour lol...

Posted

Its raining!:yahoo:

Posted

A band of quite heavy rain moving over here, feeling cool at 13C. Saves watering the allotments I suppose :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Heavy rain here, and, shock horror, it's rather wet!

Roll on Spring/Summer