Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
33 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Tap water isn't that great for plants but still does the job, I can't be arsed to water my small garden half the time, let alone an allotment:oops: The good weather has get everything growing nice and early. :good:Just need a huge hail storm to wreck everything in June:doh: You should post in the gardening thread this year Stainsbloke, you can stick photos in there, be good to see your melons:ninja::oops:

Ooh I'll do that Lassie, only managed one melon last year, hopefully I can get at least a big pair this year :)

22 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Nice 24 hours coming up for those with allotments! :) Some places could well see an inch of rain. A few differences in where on the high res models, but we'll all get wet.

Accum Precip next 24 hours. Arpege Arpege Accum Precip to 09.00 Wed11May.png NMM NMM Accum Precip to 09.00 Wed11May.png

Nice to see, gives me a bit of a break from watering. Especially as tomorrow and Thursday look like returning to warm sunny spells.  Anything other than freezing Northerlies, thankfully only Saturday looks cool now.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
53 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Absolutely, I use my watering cans and hoses nearly every day. It is surprising how much potted plants drink though, even after a period of rain they often need topping up. Stuff in the ground copes a bit better. 

The countryside this Spring is looking magnificent, very green and lush. Unlike last year when it basically stopped raining for 2 months, looked awful by June and I was endlessly watering the allotments and garden. Gets boring! Ideally, I'd love plenty of warm sunshine but also regular soaking rain once a week or so to keep things looking healthy :D

When I was walking the dogs this morning through my local nature path, the greenery and vegetation was unreal.. So beautiful. 

Felt humid this morning walking even with the rain. No chill in the air here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
8 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

When I was walking the dogs this morning through my local nature path, the greenery and vegetation was unreal.. So beautiful. 

Felt humid this morning walking even with the rain. No chill in the air here. 

Yes, I don't mind a bit of rain/damp/cloud if it's nice and warm like it is currently. It's the cold and grey I hate!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

We are in the Met office warning for storms in the afternoon and over night now, although they still think the west country will get the bulk of them. 

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1462834800&regionName=se

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

The best bedford could offer was a heavy shower of drizzle. Honestly.:nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
8 minutes ago, Essex Easterly said:

I'm still waiting for my drizzle! It's nearly here :yahoo:

I've had it all day, forgot how:good: drizzle is.

Posted

Just had the first heavy shower through here, no sferics yet though. If each shower is stronger than the last like these two, maybe something may happen.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A rather wet day here, though it still felt rather warm despite the wind and rain.

Posted

Quite looking forward to any possible T&L, had a great storm on 3rd of April but nothing notable since. Some interesting showers on the radar to the SE across the channel, hope they develop/make it this far.

Edited by Ellozee

Posted

The stuff in france seems to have lined out, where tonight's showers on a front?

Posted

Slowly moving over the channel now. Timed well with it just getting dark, don't see any strikes though so probably just heavy showers for this eve. Still, good for the garden and it sounds nice on the flat roof.

Posted

Well the heavy rain from France has got here, so far it forgot the electrics though. May be next time. Although a Benelux plume could have been interesting. Well certainly different anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Miserable humid day with nothing interesting to end it :(

Posted

The warning doesn't run out till 9:00 am, will anything develop behind this heavy rain, or have they got it totally wrong?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Wow! Looked like a real soaking for folks in the south of our Region last night. The rain on the radar looked heavy! Unfortunately for storm lovers the Blitzortung lightening radar showed activity fizzling out as the showers started crossing the Channel.

Another chance today, with the CAPE & LI chart showing the west of the Region in with the best chance, before activity moves further west and dies away by this evening. Good luck.

The east (and particularly East Anglia) looking best for sunshine and least shower activity today. Hazy sun and 15.5C here at the mo, now the mist has cleared after the overnight rain.

NMM CAPE & LI 15.00  NMM CAPE & LI Wed11May.png

Posted

It's not cloudy here in Dover it's foggy. Quite thick fog too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

It is raining. It is wet. It is not thundering. Mother Nature. It sucks. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

housework more interesting than the weather. fact.:nonono:

• Like 1

Posted

Fog now lifted to a mist, can see there's still quite a bit of cloud about.