Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Will be too hot then to be at the front the house this weekend giving the path a tidy and weed oh well \o/.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
3 hours ago, Surrey said:

Have to agree, also the west looks to be plauged by cloud.. Unlucky them 

I know right...and with cloud you can forget thunderstorms and replace it with moderate/heavy showers or longer spells of rain.

Reading through the storm thread - I have to give it to those guys.. Hoping and wishing for a thunderstorm that will probably give them 2 rumbles of thunder, if that.. How exhausting!!!

Don't get me wrong I love a good storm but only if its going to be a BOOMER... With the freezing Spring and Wet winter - Any storms/rain can stay well away for now as far as im concerned.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another lovely day, hazy sunshine and just a few tufts of fair weather cumulus that has bubbled up. Up to around 22C today so feeling very very pleasant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Oh come on GFS!! That really will NOT be welcomed. :nonono:

Fri 13th May GFS 850 Fri13May.png

Snow:shok:

• Like 2

Posted

Warmest day of the year beating yesterday by a tad, 22C

perhaps I'm not 'acclimatised' but it felt more than warm hotter still to come, very comfortable temperature IMO with low humidity. 

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

24C reached here today, very nice. 

Posted

Reached a max of 21.8c today. Started off clear, but then thin cloud came over and kept the temperature below 18c until 3pm when it burnt off very quickly and let the temperature rise. Hopefully the forecast is correct for another day, would love 23c tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Rather a lot of cloud coming up from France, hopefully won't spoil the sunshine tomorrow!

Posted

21.8C reached. 

Posted

I'm assuming that we are 'low risk' for anything exciting? 

Posted

Morning guys, 

Going to be a lovely weekend, that cloud should begin to start burning off come midday (I hope)

Edit: sun coming through now.

tomorrow looking much sunnier!

Dont go over to the Mod Thread - instead of getting offline and enjoying the weather they are continuing to sit Infront of a computer posting charts a week away that show the northerly cold airstream back - telling us to be afraid..! 

Leave it out... It's going to be 25c this weekend on my patch and I for one am not going to let a cold chart 7 days away spoil that. 

Have a great weekend everyone- enjoy the warmth 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Morning guys, 

Going to be a lovely weekend, that cloud should begin to start burning off come midday (I hope)

Edit: sun coming through now.

tomorrow looking much sunnier!

Dont go over to the Mod Thread - instead of getting offline and enjoying the weather they are continuing to sit Infront of a computer posting charts a week away that show the northerly cold airstream back - telling us to be afraid..! 

Leave it out... It's going to be 25c this weekend on my patch and I for one am not going to let a cold chart 7 days away spoil that. 

Have a great weekend everyone- enjoy the warmth 

Amen to that, and the fact the majority of them don't understand that even with a -5 airmass above you, the strong may sunshine with light winds 20+ is easily achievable 

It will be if it even comes of a mere coolish breeze 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The latest from Theweatheroutlook predicts a week of great contrast next week, warm with heavy rain at times to start the week, followed by an Arctic plunge bringing snow showers to Scotland. The weather is well and truly:crazy::drunk-emoji:

• Like 4

Posted

Nice warm start to the day, already 18C here but quite a lot of cloud floating about, annoyingly. Hopefully clearer skies quickly moving in to give a sunny warm weekend :D

As for later this week...screaming northerlies? Night frosts?? Why am I not surprised :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well the sun is out here again, off to Hunstanton for the day which will be nice. Lets see if we could hit the mid-twenties today.

nmmuk-0-14-0.png?07-07

24C shown, could get a degree or two higher today so maybe 25-26C possible in favoured spots (NW London and around the Cambridgeshire area).

The warmth looks very widespread tomorrow with 25C forecast for the capital, perhaps reaching 27C somewhere in the NW London area.

nmmuk-0-37-0.png?07-07

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted

Doubt it. :nonono:

warm here with a light cool breeze. 

Just sent hubs and bubs out to get ice cream:good:

Edited by Dami

Posted

Northern parts of East Anglia are already up to 20/21C. Certainly looking like we could hit the mid-twenties today. Clear skies with just some high level cloud and a few bits of altocumulus.

Posted

Quick look at the satellite- a lot of cloud heading our way from France. 

What a shame! 

Posted

Think it will go bang here huge clouds building 

Posted

Lots of high cloud moving over here now spoiling a lovely morning. 23C currently. Please cloud, sod off!!

Posted

Still mainly overcast here sadly but some signs of rapid convection, something nasty building towards NW London, proper cauliflower clouds with defined edges. Some places will get lucky later!