Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

West London around Heathrow is ALWAYS a hot spot in our region I don't really know why when Central London is more densely populated..

Last year we broke the record for the hottest temp at 6 or 7pm I think which was 37.something degrees PHOAR!

When it comes to temp charts you can take an educated guess based on wind direction and predicted temps where the hot spot will fall and it looks like West London will be the hot spot again this weekend.. so maybe 25-26 is possible.. I certainly will be getting me t*** out! 

• Like 1

Posted

cannot beat a day like today. go into underground on way to work and you are met with a dazzling blue sky as you come out the station love it love it love it.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

West London around Heathrow is ALWAYS a hot spot in our region I don't really know why when Central London is more densely populated..

Last year we broke the record for the hottest temp at 6 or 7pm I think which was 37.something degrees PHOAR!

When it comes to temp charts you can take an educated guess based on wind direction and predicted temps where the hot spot will fall and it looks like West London will be the hot spot again this weekend.. so maybe 25-26 is possible.. I certainly will be getting me t*** out! 

Yes your right about wind direction, I think with this kind of set up, the air has chance of further warming over the city - therefore decides to dump slightly warmer air over West London/home counties - Especially as its not exactly heatwave/sultry conditions in France - YET!! To my knowledge its when you have a high pressure with hot air embedded giving a slack flow that London will always come out top. 

Incidentally Jo Farrow on NetW going with the highest temps over Home counties/inland parts of EA. We'll see.

Either way about bl**dy time I say. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Absolutely lovely here with temperatures into the high teens. The weekend is now looking like an absolute belter with temperatures possibly hitting 25/26C on Sunday with Saturday only being a shade cooler.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Had enough of this sunny warm weather, want those cold northerlies back with  a 12% snow risk for MBY:rofl:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Had enough of this sunny warm weather, want those cold northerlies back with  a 12% snow risk for MBY:rofl:

The only thing I like about hot weather is if thunderstorms will be around too, otherwise yes please, at least you can sleep at night.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Quite dry air  / low dew points across the SE this evening.  At 6pm, for example, despite Southend airport seeing 16C, the dew point was -5C, giving a humidity of just 25%

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/current?LANG=en&UP=0&R=310&TYP=taupunkt&ART=tabelle&LANG=en&DATE=1462381200&KEY=UK&LAND=UK&CONT=euro&SORT=3&SI=mph&CEL=C&UD=1

• Like 1

Posted

First 20C of the year! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
9 minutes ago, March said:

First 20C of the year! :yahoo:

21.1c here:p

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Yep it's certainly nice out there. Nice enough to be in a car parked in the' was to be park and ride/school parents car park/ top night out/ that is just over from us, door open, dreadful beats coming from it to match what is coming from the garden over in the next road. Kickin' here at the moment.

Posted

Just reached 20.5c here (according to car thermometer) 

Blue sky with crystal visibility!! The sun feels very very warm in shelter. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Unbroken sunshine, a light southerly wind and temperatures up to 20C. Only going up from here as well.

nmmuk-0-32-0.png?05-13   nmmuk-0-54-0.png?05-13  nmm-0-80-0.png?05-12

22C tomorrow, possibly up to 24C on Saturday, even higher on Sunday with the mid-twenties a real possibility.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
On 1 May 2016 at 11:20 PM, lassie23 said:
45 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Unbroken sunshine, a light southerly wind and temperatures up to 20C. Only going up from here as well.

nmmuk-0-32-0.png?05-13   nmmuk-0-54-0.png?05-13  nmm-0-80-0.png?05-12

22C tomorrow, possibly up to 24C on Saturday, even higher on Sunday with the mid-twenties a real possibility.

How lovely, and a great weekend finally too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Wall-to-wall sunshine, almost no wind, 18C. I just hope it lasts long enough for me to acclimatize!:D

• Like 1

Posted

18c, not a single cloud all day! Absolutely marvellous outside with only a slight breeze. Forecasted for 21c tomorrow, 23c Saturday, 22c Sunday, 19c Monday.. Great weekend coming!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Someone at the Met Office just pressed the wrong button!! I just got an email alert for:

Amber Warning of Snow for London & South East England

Amber Warning of Snow for London & South East England : Bracknell Forest, Buckinghamshire, Greater London, Hampshire, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Reading, Slough, Surrey, West Berkshire, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham valid from 2100 Thu 05 May to 2200 Thu 05 May

• Like 3

Posted

love this just got same email just fell off my seat with laughter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Oh come on GFS!! That really will NOT be welcomed. :nonono:

Fri 13th May GFS 850 Fri13May.png

To say I'm buzzing for the weekend is an understatement!

Today marks the real pump north of warm and humid air.

Today 20-23 easily

Saturday 22-24 

Sunday 22-24 widely around Heathrow just north 26 maybe a touch higher is possible Oh yesssss

My attention is also turned to wind direction and imports it does look quite favourable 

Posted

Stunning weekend coming up.. 26C just to the North and West of London very possible Sunday. BBC even mentioned yesterday a 27c  could be reached.... WOW

Love the fact that our region also looks predominately dry and any showers reserved for Western areas and Wales.. Not that anything severe is likely to happen anyway.. Current forecast conditions go for the bog standard UK thundery activity. One flash of lightning followed by 1 rumble of thunder... Waste of time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Looking wonderful for the weekend here, hopefully the high cloud can bog off to leave clear blue skies.

43 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Stunning weekend coming up.. 26C just to the North and West of London very possible Sunday. BBC even mentioned yesterday a 27c  could be reached.... WOW

Love the fact that our region also looks predominately dry and any showers reserved for Western areas and Wales.. Not that anything severe is likely to happen anyway.. Current forecast conditions go for the bog standard UK thundery activity. One flash of lightning followed by 1 rumble of thunder... Waste of time!

Have to agree, also the west looks to be plauged by cloud.. Unlucky them