Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

just had a massive sleet shower/soft hail here in Aldersgate street went very dark then here comes the sleet stuff...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 hours ago, Dami said:

All i'm saying is this cold wind can now do one. Fed up been blown to school each day. 

:yahoo:

Thought it was bad enough this morning, but it's really blowing now, my shopping was behind me all the way home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Two hail showers here so far, one very heavy. Feels very cold and the wind is strong at times. Some good sunny spells earlier too. Feels more like early March than late April!

Posted

Ridiculous storm earlier on a hail storm of epic proportions even with snow mixed in that is so incredibly late for my location it's unprecedented, as far as I know.

A CG bolt scared the hell out of me as if it was overhead a huge deafening boom the flash beforehand was blinding, this is why I love the weather. :) 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,snow+gales

A bit of distant thunder earlier but it's now clattering down with hailstones that are so heavy it is turning the ground white :yahoo:

Posted

Just had a decent hail shower. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just one shower so far, otherwise it has been relative fine if a bit on the windy side.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

nothing wet here, in fact everything 'shower like' broke up before it reached me.

oh well hubs has gone out for Fish and Chips while we watch last nights masterchef.

edit for above, just had a few drops of something. steady on there.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I'd swap what we're currently getting, as to what Arkansas is currently seeing. My days that must be the size of the UK :O 

image.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 hours ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

I'd swap what we're currently getting, as to what Arkansas is currently seeing. My days that must be the size of the UK :O 

image.png

That is crazy! 

Posted

Beautiful morning here with mainly clear skies, bit cool on the shade but lovely in the sun.  Showers and cloud bubbling up yet again from lunchtime spoiling the afternoon. Had a hail shower already. Hoping next weeks projected substantial warm up comes off, just like this cold spell came off exactly as modelled!

Posted

The end of next week looks to promise something substantially warmer low 20's? I'd also say it may be thundery plume not particularly dry - precipitation largely in the form of convection. Temperatures pegged back a tad near the coast although pleasant onshore breezes, but warm inland could even feel humid with southeasterly winds being drawn up from a sultry North Africa as based on 00z, winds from that direction tend to import a lot of European pollution or Saharan dust so air quality may not be the greatest compared to the spectacular clear 'Arctic' skies we've experienced recently.

Decent model output for storm fans though, it has been a slow burner to get warm temperatures; the highest minima T still stands in December!  

image.jpeg

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Not a bad day here. Started with a frost after an overnight min of exactly 0C and then a lovely sunny morning. Cumulus bubbled up this afternoon but for here it was 'bark worse than bite' and there were long spells of sunshine. As a result the Bank Holiday weekend beer festival in my local (30 beers, 15 ciders) was packed this afternoon, including the beer garden, with people sat enjoying the warming sun. Next weekend continues to promise the start of the first proper warm spell of the season. Hoorah! :yahoo:

This afternoon's cloudscape... 20160430_185011_resized.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Spent the day in Southampton for a change of pace and revisiting the haunts of my uni days. A few showers down there today.

Posted

Another beautiful sunny morning here with blue skies and chilly. It's a case of make the most of it for us judging by the cloudy muck moving down from the NW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
23 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Another beautiful sunny morning here with blue skies and chilly. It's a case of make the most of it for us judging by the cloudy muck moving down from the NW.

Sunny and warm here, I see you have moved out of hell,:good: Should we call you Egham Bloke from now on?:unknw:

• Like 1

Posted

Well 3pm now and it is fine and sunny down in south Essex. Much warmer today as well with the winds still light.

Posted

14.2c here in Hunstanton, Norfolk. Partly cloudy all day, bit windy aswell 

Edit - New to posting, but have actually been reading the forums and this South East chat for at least a year, so its nice to finally have made an account to contribute!

Edited by Delka
  • Like 4

Posted

Temperature peaked at 15.4c 10 minutes ago making it the 2nd warmest day so far this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Was it meant to be so nice today....unbroken sun for the lat two hours.

Gone from sleet showers in places on fri to summer here today.

Topped out at 18c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

For us lucky people near the East coast, there can't be too many complaints about today. The sky stayed clear for much longer than anticipated, so a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon spent with friends in the beer garden at my local's beer festival. Hic!

17.20 and the sun still out in the far East of our Region.... Cloud cover Sun01May 17.20.jpg

Posted
13 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Sunny and warm here, I see you have moved out of hell,:good: Should we call you Egham Bloke from now on?:unknw:

You may call me whatever takes your fancy :)  Although strictly speaking, I live in Englefield Green, not Egham.

What a lovely day it turned out to be! The cloud only arrived here around 6:30pm, was mostly sunny and warm until then. Am a bit sunburnt. Roll on Summer, can't beat it.

• Like 1