Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

It was a coldish but bright day for walking.  There was good shelter from the breeze in Mulloch wood, south of Banchory. We stopped to take a few pics of the Ninestone recumbent stone circle there. The location is very atmospheric.

untitled (1 of 1)-5.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Beautiful day yesterday. Fingers crossed we can avoid the showers today too. Finding it rather amusing that my local 5 day forecast on the Met app has more snow symbols on it than almost any week this past winter! Just as well it's nonsense :)

Euro4, however, does suggest that pretty much anywhere has a chance of seeing snow falling this week and the high ground up North could see quite a bit. 

I know it's unreasonable but I just want some nice warmish Spring weather. Get the bike out weather :)

Posted

Fresh to strong N wind overcast and flurries of soft hail and snow  some heavy.Currently 2.5c.Cattle fed inside so its a paperwork day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Frequent heavy snow showers this morning here and feeling very raw in a strong wind. Temp showed as 3.7C on my weather station before I left the house but car was showing 2C on the drive to work.

Posted

Some snow cover during last weekend and yesterday morning with numerous frosts in between, it's definitely felt that bit more persistently chilly than the usual bout of cold that you might expect at this time of year.

-1c as I left this morning and sideways heavy snow on the commute, summer certainly feeling far away, on the flip side it has been glorious when the sun does make it's rare appearances. The cold just means it'll be all the better when summer does finally arrive I guess

• Like 1

Posted

Started clear but have had a shower or 2 (I assume it might be a mini front pushing some of the really cold air down) Wind's getting up again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Posted

Full on winter conditions today gale force NNE wind sunny periods interspersed with squally hail and snow showers.P4250009.JPG Currently 3c with significant windchill. Far exceeding any wintry day last winter. One good thing ground drying up between showers we even have dust blowing.

P4250006.JPG

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 6

Posted

Had some hail and sleet falling lol (so strange to see at this late in april)

Posted

Fantastic sunny conditions and a few snow flurries just passing over. Very late and unspectacular but I always like the novelty of snow falling late in the season and accompanied by very pleasant weather. 

Posted

Old man who is up swears he heard thunder about 15mins ago. I thought it was a jet departing the airport, but it could've been thunder. Lots of Cu & Cb about. Wet snow/sleet/hail showers - been that sort of day.   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Woke up to lying snow this morning. Only really on grass and cars (temporarily on roads during heavier showers) and pretty wet and slush stuff at that. Had to clear the snow/slush from the car windscreen.

This morning has continued the theme from recent days i.e frequent wintry showers, which were almost constant earlier. Wind isn't as strong as yesterday though.

• Like 2

Posted

Some very stormy looking skies this morning and very heavy hail showers currently 3.3c. A hail shower heading up the valley  to the Cawdor hills which now have a fresh covering of snow.P4260010.JPG

• Like 3

Posted

Miserable. Cold and raw with showers of rain and sleet. 6c. Come back Spring!

Posted

Absolutely baltic in the wind! Some hefty hails showers and a few snow flurries so far today. I love winter weather but not in spring! 

Posted

Lived a bit of a charmed life so far with the showers but the wind cor! Not half strong!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Drove through a blizzard to get to work, all morning sleet, hail, snow, rain and wind. Now.....bluest of blue skies and sunshiny! Be nice if it wasn't so damned cauld!

Posted

Took this off the ABZ TAF - thankfully we are after the time the forecast was progged for...

Temporary
from 26 at 13 UTC to 26 at 14 UTC

Wind 18 kt from the North with gusts up to 28 kt

Visibility: 2000 m

Broken clouds at a height of 400 ft, Cumulonimbus.

thunderstorm, snow, Tornado or waterspout

I didn't see anything myself but I have quite a narrow field of view - would be interested if anyone in the Aberdeen/shire area has seen any funnel clouds on or offshore. First time for me I've ever seen 'FC' mentioned in an ABZ forecast.

Posted

Looks like there was a waterspout at the coast following that storm earlier today. Link to the local paper, where someone took a short vid of it.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/spectacular-funnel-cloud-forms1/ 

Edited by Richard Taylor
  • Like 2

Posted

A couple of photos from today. Much calmer tonight but currently 1c.

Sun tried to break through this evening on the moor road just a few miles to the south of me.20160426 (2).jpg

A moody looking moor road on the way to Carrbridge.20160426 (3).jpg

Daffodils in full bloom on farm road with a bunch to the right still at bud stage.20160426.jpg

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1