Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A cell 3 miles to my east. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
3 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

A cell 3 miles to my east. 

Over me now that. Heaviest rain i ever saw!

Posted

Another hour of heavy torrential rain, almost at the same time we had on Wednesday.  Saw a CG Strike zig-zag accross the skies as I was driving out from Sainsbury's in Oldham, then an almost instant crack of thunder.  Still feels muggy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Some heavy showers in my neck of the woods this afternoon but nothing out of the ordinary and I've not heard any thunder.

Current temperature of 17c and humidity at 81% so  still feels very muggy although at least a lack of sunshine today has took the worst of the heat from the house.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Decent chance of storms into the afternoon.. the warm humid weather hangs on. I think our region will do quite well today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Jesus! Flash flooding here, torrential rain, skies black and it's really muggy here in leyland.

we did get a letter from environmental other day saying we are at risk of flooding... Haven't had a letter here since 2012 when we didn't even live here then. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Biblical rain here now. Expecting thunder pretty soon.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

How long is this rain gonna last??

Posted

Not heard any thunder as of yet, would have thought it would have done it by now when we had the heavy rain earlier, it's still heavy rain but not torrential like before.

Posted

from my experience, and its not by any means what always happens,  but you hear thunder first before rain from decent thunder showers, when you get rain first and then it starts to ease, its usually game over,   the chance of  it suddenly going thundery are slim,  like i said just in my experience

Posted

Same in my experience is Ian, thunder first then rain. Saying that we are just on our next rain system incoming from the Irish Sea now....

Posted

Chaos in south Stockport this evening, roads including the A6 all shut or impassible due to flooding/water damage. Train services to Buxton cancelled until at least Monday, and a good few ft of standing water in places as a result of the afternoon's showers.

Posted

The landslip at Middlewood Station between Hazel Grove and Disley, a good bite of land taken out from under the tracks (est. 6 tonnes.)

11.jpg1.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Just like winter missing all the snow, now we are missing all the storms. Laughable really. Snow dome in winter, storm dome in summer. Can't win! Arh well theres always grey cloud, get plenty of that! Exciting!!! :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted

midlands going well for storms, yet the bbc keep putting lighning symbols around the manchester area,  i am having non of it,  anyway typical overcast day here with on and off rain or drizzle that has summed up this 'thundery' spell :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Other than a moderate ten minute spell of rain late morning, we've pretty well missed the forecast showers.

dry and bright at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

2 hours of heavy/torrential rain here. Flash Flooding.

www.wrexham.com/news/bad-weather-hits-wrexham-causing-flooding-114550.html

Edited by Carl46Wrexham

Posted

Peeeeing it down here now but looking at the radar, it should pass through pretty quickly.

Posted
43 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Peeeeing it down here now but looking at the radar, it should pass through pretty quickly.

How wrong could I be, it looks like it's parked itself over me and an hour later it's still hammering it down.

thought I heard a bit of distant thunder but can't be sure and certainly no lightening.

Posted

Default summer pattern as returned.  Low Pressure stalling, heavy 'prolonged' rain showers, eventually will move away, temporary 1-2 day ridge of High Pressure, Atlantic delivers another Low Pressure.  4 days of crap.  Great end of May/early June though!

Posted

Missed most of today's forecast showers so just a poor day here rather than a diabolical one.

Posted

3 days in row heavy thundery showers forcast with bright sunny spells,  so what do we actually get, 3 days in a row with a grey statusfest bore, with on and off rain or drizzle,  rubbish 

cue someone to tell me the forecasts were accurate ,

Edited by IanR
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

There's an amazing wall cloud formation to the south... I doubt it'll reach here but it does have a tornadic look to it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

There was a sferic around their a minute ago.