Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Warm day again. Just started to rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Lovely afternoon after the cloud cleared and warm again, 23.2°C atm and quite breezy. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
Just now, *Sub*Zero* said:

Lovely afternoon after the cloud cleared and warm again, 23.2°C atm and quite breezy. 

Light to moderate rain here since 10am temperature at a mild 17.3c

some 9c cooler than yesterday 

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Humid and muggy now with light rain.. currently 17.3C with D ewpoint of 15C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Dismally damp 15,2c DP 14.7c

10c cooler than yesterday

Posted

Another warm, sunny day. High level cloud rolled in mid afternoon but still warm now at 18.4C. Not had a drop of rain for over a week now, ground drying out nicely. Hoping for more of the same though summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Report at 8pm BST

Overnight min: 12.2C; Max: 18.5C; Current 14.2C. Current conditions: light to moderate rain that began in earnest around 1pm, prior to that sunny intervals with cloud slowly building. Liverpool ATIS reports 15C with dp 14C @18:50Z (my airband reception poor because of the low cloud and rain).  Wind light Easterly (guess), overcast, light air F1-2.

Looking at the radar there's a ribbon of rain crossing the middle of the country from the east.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not a bad day.

dry, partly cloudy but plenty of sunshine as the afternoon went on and temperatures in the high teens so can't complain really.

another decent day in prospect for Thursday as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

It was a glorious day today and I been sunbathing too. Too bad it is going to be colder in the weekend.  I really hope by the end of May it will heat up again.

Also just come back from Tenerife 2 days ago so I want more!!

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Weather seems to have gone back a month with a definite nip in the air today.

i just hope it doesn't take it a month to remember that the calendar is fast approaching summertime.

Posted

It looks like west is best for the region today with more cloudy conditions pushing across the Pennines and restricting the majority of the sunshine to areas further west.

after that it's looking like things are going downhill for all of us over the next few days, far from a washout but not that inspiring for anyone wanting sun and warmth.

Posted

Well thankfully I got that forecast wrong.

i expected a mainly cloudy day but it cleared as the afternoon went on with a lovely evening in prospect.

not over warm but with lighter winds it felt pleasant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Doesn't look inspiring if you like heat... forecast is just average to just below? Pretty none descript and featureless

Posted
1 hour ago, SP1986 said:

Doesn't look inspiring if you like heat... forecast is just average to just below? Pretty none descript and featureless

Never mind, the above average temperatures will be back in November for their annual four month tour of the British Isles.

better day here than yesterday but after that washout, an improvement wasn't difficult.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

The models still showing unsettled spell for the foreseeable.  I really should've stayed in Tenerife. :(  

Posted

Ominous build up of clouds after a sunny start.  Radar showing them just to the east of me, but they might edge a little further SW.  Nothing thundery showing on the blitzortung website yet. Was up at Dovestones earlier, and it was very nice indeed, before the clouds filled in.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
29 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Ominous build up of clouds after a sunny start.  Radar showing them just to the east of me, but they might edge a little further SW.  Nothing thundery showing on the blitzortung website yet. Was up at Dovestones earlier, and it was very nice indeed, before the clouds filled in.

Was going to post something very similar myself, dry here but the radar is showing heavy showers literally just over the hill from here.

unless they are thunder storms I want them to stay in Yorkshire though.

Posted
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Was going to post something very similar myself, dry here but the radar is showing heavy showers literally just over the hill from here.

unless they are thunder storms I want them to stay in Yorkshire though.

Yes we're not missing any fireworks, they are mainly clustered to the south in a thin line 

ts23052016.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

A beautiful sunny start here,temperatures responding nicely

Up to 15c already,Meto reckon up to 20c this afternoon

C.S

Posted

Another preety decent late spring day, It clouded over lunchtime, but the sun came back out mid afternoon and its another lovely evening. A fresh feel overall. Tomorrow and Thursday look rather overcast and cool though with some patchy light rain later tomorrow and possibly lingering through a good part of Thursday. However, Friday and through the bank holiday looks set fair in the main, never especially warm, but expecting lots of long sunny spells and light winds and under what is now a very very strong sunshine it will feel summery- the Lake District will be looking its best..love this time of year.. best time!

Edited by damianslaw

Posted

Quick change around today, dull virtually from the word go, rain arrived mid morning, then on and off all day, and pepping up a little now.  Nothing too heavy, but persistent.  Cooler too.  Today's chalk to yesterday's cheese.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
19 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Quick change around today, dull virtually from the word go, rain arrived mid morning, then on and off all day, and pepping up a little now.  Nothing too heavy, but persistent.  Cooler too.  Today's chalk to yesterday's cheese.

Yep a poor day's weather.

cloudy and damp throughout and it felt very cool and raw.

tomorrow not looking much better but hopefully things on the up for the weekend although as its a bank holiday I'm sure a downgrade is on the cards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Horrible day, dry but cloudy and cold, so cold I've had to turn on the heating.  Outdoor temp currently 10.7C and it's been around that all day.  Now raining,. almost calm, wind F0-1.  Liverpool ATIS reports light rain, temp 11C DP 8C.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Not very nice, cloudy and drizzly. Currently 11.4°C, max  12.5°C.