Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

GFS 00z following suit this morning and keeping the warm dry conditions over us all next week.. 

I said back end of August that September will follow the pervious month and that's exactly what's happening here.. Little rainfall (of course not including the thunderstorms) for many and warm weather.

Interesting what will be happening at the end of October, I think warmer than average with one or 2 colder shots (nothing significant) with more in the way of rain...

We can't complain though, the summer that just doesn't want to end and now taking Autumn over!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wow what a lovely day, wind is pretty strong from the south though. Can tell it's stormy up north. Wonder if the cold front tonight will do more than just heavy rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
3 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Wow what a lovely day, wind is pretty strong from the south though. Can tell it's stormy up north. Wonder if the cold front tonight will do more than just heavy rain. 

Absolutely agree! The dogs took me and Mrs Blessed for a walk after lunch and it was fantastic, with warm sunshine and a warm gusty wind that actually added to the enjoyment as it whistled through trees and hedgerows. Temp reached 21.5C here.

The front coming through overnight and into tomorrow morning does the usual trick of fizzling out before it gets to us - so very little rain suggested by Arpege with NMM in agreement. Here's the Arpege charts for 23.00 tonight and 08.00 tomorrow morning:

Now you see it Arpege Precip Sat24Sep 23.00.png Now you don't Arpege Precip Sun25Sep 08.00.png

Posted
49 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

cloudy now

Still sunny here but more milky looking than it has been all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Today has been pretty nice, the sun was hazy at times. Warm too at 23C.

Posted

So much for rain, not a drop, and not even cloudy. Bit's of high cloud moving north, so something may turn up at some point, we'll see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Another poor forecast for rain here. Although Blessed showed the fizzling front yesterday.

A few drops, didnt water my garden because of the rain forecast and put everything away wish I hadnt now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

got girl flu, had a rough night got woken up at 7:50 by bubs who is also suffering with a cough looking for her tooth that fell out. looked out window, some dampness but not loads.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
12 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Got a bit of light stuff falling now.

Must have had a vague weather forecast, stuff lol

Posted
9 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Must have had a vague weather forecast, stuff lol

lol it is literally not wetting anything if it wasn't chillier than recently you could go out in a t'shirt and only feel about 10 drops in a 10 minute walk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
13 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

lol it is literally not wetting anything if it wasn't chillier than recently you could go out in a t'shirt and only feel about 10 drops in a 10 minute walk.

I had dry rain a while back too:cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Feels warm in the sun today :D Windy though and loads of convection going on, dry here so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A decent day today with sunny spells, it still feels warm which is nice and that should continue this week with temperatures hitting close to 20C on most days.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

A decent day today with sunny spells, it still feels warm which is nice and that should continue this week with temperatures hitting close to 20C on most days.

Just as long as we don't get another 30+ day in October, that really will send alarm bells ringing. 

10 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Just as long as we don't get another 30+ day in October, that really will send alarm bells ringing. 

Doesn't look like that will happen, but far from seasonal temperatures with anything remotely cold getting pushed back further and further..

Same old people in the model thread with horrible weather etc coming up this week, yeah if you live in the northern parts of the country..

Only today sees a really grim day before tomorrow is cloudy but warm and then we stay warm till Friday! 

I start my new job on Monday next week, it's the biggest job yet, with a salary I could only dream of, health insurance, pension, share scheme, tax free incentives so so much, so I will be cutting a lot of time off this site and might only be on 1-2 times a week now after this week! I want to ensure I devote as much of my time as possible to my new job as I've had a pretty bad start to my career and someone has thrown me a life line! 

Into the corporate world I go... Wish me luck!

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The very best of luck @Surrey. The job sounds great - sounds like you are moving out the grounds and into the office? Hope you enjoy.

Now forgive me as I know this chart would have disappeared by the next run, but as a lover of 'proper' winters it gets me dreaming that we might see one this year. Out in the furthest reaches of fantasy, GFS is showing -5C hPa air reaching our Region for the first time since last winter! :clap:

11th Oct GFS 850 11Oct.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

Doesn't look like that will happen, but far from seasonal temperatures with anything remotely cold getting pushed back further and further..

Same old people in the model thread with horrible weather etc coming up this week, yeah if you live in the northern parts of the country..

Only today sees a really grim day before tomorrow is cloudy but warm and then we stay warm till Friday! 

I start my new job on Monday next week, it's the biggest job yet, with a salary I could only dream of, health insurance, pension, share scheme, tax free incentives so so much, so I will be cutting a lot of time off this site and might only be on 1-2 times a week now after this week! I want to ensure I devote as much of my time as possible to my new job as I've had a pretty bad start to my career and someone has thrown me a life line! 

Into the corporate world I go... Wish me luck!

Good luck Surrey, everyone deserves a break make the most of it...

• Like 1