Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

After having to witness the absolute horror that was waiting for school gate to open, Bright pink leggings which you could see dark undies through, dirty blonded rootness and I'm guessing what it was drinking wasn't an energy drink -it certainly sounded like it was on something - having an umbrella had been a useful choice. As there is hardly any shelter, I had bagged a seat before the rain really started and hid under it while the rain rainth and school did it's usual late out Thursday. 

But I won't go there.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

^ Lol @Dami. A great description. "It's life Jim, but not as we know it"! :laugh:

Lovely sunny start here, but fresh after an overnight min of 9.5C. Arpege precipitation accumulation forecast for today showing many of us in the east of our Region will largely miss today's showers and stay mainly dry (but maybe not in Bedfordshire :wink:):

Precip Accum to Fri 18.00 Arpege Precip Accum to 18.00 Fri30Sep.png

Saturday looking wetter for most with the SE corner seeing the brunt of the bands of showers/rain with up to 40mm. Norfolk seeing the least with maybe only a few mm.

Precip Accum to midnight Saturday Arpege Precip Accum to midnight Sat01Oct.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
14 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Cold this morning, met office going for an average winter:(

I wouldn't read too much into that at the moment, the MET play things very safe, calling average at the moment is the best bet. 

Let's not forget even an average winter can have serious cold snaps within it.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, throwoff said:

I wouldn't read too much into that at the moment, the MET play things very safe, calling average at the moment is the best bet. 

Let's not forget even an average winter can have serious cold snaps within it.

It did sound like they were fence sitting lol

Posted
3 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Cold this morning, met office going for an average winter:(

Where did that come from? Your imagination of yours, nor was it cold this morning. :p 

Curently they favour blocking to the north and west with subsequent northerly/easterly winds Nov-Dec, the best I've heard in a long time. Even an average winter should deliver some cold and snow. 

• Like 3

Posted

Feel like i'm the one on a different planet today, Haven't slept much all week and positively feel kipper smacked today, but all in all didn't find this morning too too cold, although it could of snowed, thundered and done a funnel and I wouldn't of noticed. Wind picking up a bit and I feel it's cooler and it's making a gate bang, which is outside and the entrance to the back alley which actually I should of shut because we 'own' the gate, but I had to sew on 2 new badges onto Bub's rainbow uniform ready for her treasure hurt trip with the guides tomorrow, and I spend half an hour working out were to put them. #mummyproblems.

Edited by Dami

Posted
7 minutes ago, Changing Skies. said:

00z Arome portrays the MetO graphic well.

IMG_0366.JPGIMG_0367.JPG

I have a mini-reunion with some old school friends tomorrow in London, they are traveling from the Midlands and the west country. I think indoors in Kensington Palace might be alright in the 'showers' but not sure about our planned wander around between coffee shops!

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Changing Skies. said:

Where did that come from? Your imagination of yours, nor was it cold this morning. :p 

Curently they favour blocking to the north and west with subsequent northerly/easterly winds Nov-Dec, the best I've heard in a long time. Even an average winter should deliver some cold and snow. 

It was:cold:had to wear a jumper:closedeyes:

Posted

Anybody else spotted the eye watering scenarios that GFS keeps throwing out for late October? OMG if we were looking at charts like the example below in Dec, Jan or Feb we'd be getting really excited!!! I've definitely got the feeling that this winter will be very different from last year! And if you've not read it yet, go over to the E.N.S.O Discussion thread, bottom of page 31 onwards (from fergieweather's post) to read about some encouraging pointers.
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/79367-enso-discussion/?page=31

This Region would be digging itself out if these charts were verifying in Dec/Jan or Feb. Raging easterly and heavy snow! :yahoo:

GFS 850 Sat15Oct.pngGFS Precip Sat15Oct.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
5 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Anybody else spotted the eye watering scenarios that GFS keeps throwing out for late October? OMG if we were looking at charts like the example below in Dec, Jan or Feb we'd be getting really excited!!! I've definitely got the feeling that this winter will be very different from last year! And if you've not read it yet, go over to the E.N.S.O Discussion thread, bottom of page 31 onwards (from fergieweather's post) to read about some encouraging pointers.
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/79367-enso-discussion/?page=31

This Region would be digging itself out if these charts were verifying in Dec/Jan or Feb. Raging easterly and heavy snow! :yahoo:

GFS 850 Sat15Oct.pngGFS Precip Sat15Oct.png

Sssshhhhhhh blessed weather don't shout it too loudly but no seriously been keeping my eye on this it sure looks and feels different to recent years . Something is a brewing (fingers crossed ) I have also noticed the coldies are back in the mod thread extra early this year . I hope knocker does not have many opportunities to use that red crayon this year.

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Sssshhhhhhh blessed weather don't shout it too loudly but no seriously been keeping my eye on this it sure looks and feels different to recent years . Something is a brewing (fingers crossed ) I have also noticed the coldies are back in the mod thread extra early this year . I hope knocker does not have many opportunities to use that red crayon this year.

Knockers predicting a mild one:shok:

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Knockers predicting a mild one:shok:

Ah! But have you peeped in his wood shed? It's full of bags of rock salt in readiness!! :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sunny spells and a few light showers today, nothing too drastic.

A lot of blocking at the start of next week to our north east so it should be fairly warm with south easterly winds. Not getting too excited about the current modelling as we saw easterly winds during the first half of October last year, then we know what happened next :p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
13 hours ago, Changing Skies. said:

00z Arome portrays the MetO graphic well.

IMG_0366.JPGIMG_0367.JPG

Bluh, it's welcome to stay away from here. 

• Like 1

Radar grab from this morning..

Screenshot_2016-10-01-07-21-46.png

A messy picture today most out east including myself are waking up to sunny clear skies but some mist and fog pretty chilly too..

But it won't last with a slack area of low pressure spinning over the irish sea this will slowly move south and East..

With it brings some pretty heavy and maybe thundery showers/rain 

Whoever gets stuck under the slower moving showers and very slack winds circulating around the low, will get a lot of rain in a short space of time.

It looks like it should clear most by around 5-6pm clearing the east coast between 9-11pm tonight as it hogs the east coast and slips into the near continent (breezy to along the east coasts tonight)

It's the steam fair and fireworks later for my lot so will be keeping a close eye 

All high res models I have seen so far are way out already it's near impossible to forecast where will get the most rain in a situation like this because tiny breaks in cloud geographical location etc can play a huge part 

Let's just hope it moves through quicker than expected for all :)

Edited by Surrey

Posted

Woken up to cool and Mist.

Having a Mummy mare as Bubs has the 'sleepover toy' for the weekend from school, but she is spending all day today on a Rainbows Brownie trip doing a special treasure hunt and quest. Then it forecast heavy rain for the lunch time period :(

Went for a treat McDonalds last night after swiming last night. Disgustingly yuck in all counts. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

Finally some proper rain! A very cool day compared to recently, 12.8C and dropping. Feels like proper autumn out there. 

Posted

I don't know, judging from last years, probably a bit of a waste to snow watch here in December sadly. Probably no point in january either.

Posted

just been thundering here. Came as a nice surprise