Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
3 hours ago, Surrey said:

Doesn't look like that will happen, but far from seasonal temperatures with anything remotely cold getting pushed back further and further..

Same old people in the model thread with horrible weather etc coming up this week, yeah if you live in the northern parts of the country..

Only today sees a really grim day before tomorrow is cloudy but warm and then we stay warm till Friday! 

I start my new job on Monday next week, it's the biggest job yet, with a salary I could only dream of, health insurance, pension, share scheme, tax free incentives so so much, so I will be cutting a lot of time off this site and might only be on 1-2 times a week now after this week! I want to ensure I devote as much of my time as possible to my new job as I've had a pretty bad start to my career and someone has thrown me a life line! 

Into the corporate world I go... Wish me luck!

Good luck Surrey, careers don't go in straight lines, so don't worry about a 'bad start'. 

In the west country this weekend, in the town of Gibby (or Radstock as it's known), the blustery winds felt lovely while sitting in the sunshine, the trees blew crazily but it didn't feel cold. This morning the skies are grey and milky. Warm-ish days and clear nights setting off morning mists would be lovely for the month ahead.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Not reached Camden - always seems to take a NW track through NW London and miss us. Definitely not forecast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Have had a few showers down here today, however they were forecast on ITV's morning program, London was meant to be in the main rain band though. Not sure that's happened.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Looks like every single day of this month will be warmer than what it should be,,,max of 19c today and probably should get up to around 17.5c as an average for this time of year in these neck of the woods. The headline on the website might say more autumnal but the fact is temperatures still aren't far off what you'd get in summer here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Bit crappy here today, some really heavy showers earlier but breaks in the cloud later. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Rain whats that...

Everything is bone dry and I have to keep watering things, before they die of drought.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
23 hours ago, Surrey said:

Doesn't look like that will happen, but far from seasonal temperatures with anything remotely cold getting pushed back further and further..

Same old people in the model thread with horrible weather etc coming up this week, yeah if you live in the northern parts of the country..

Only today sees a really grim day before tomorrow is cloudy but warm and then we stay warm till Friday! 

I start my new job on Monday next week, it's the biggest job yet, with a salary I could only dream of, health insurance, pension, share scheme, tax free incentives so so much, so I will be cutting a lot of time off this site and might only be on 1-2 times a week now after this week! I want to ensure I devote as much of my time as possible to my new job as I've had a pretty bad start to my career and someone has thrown me a life line! 

Into the corporate world I go... Wish me luck!

Best of luck, I hope it goes well for you.

Well yesterday was rather showery but still quite warm at times. Today should be fairly dry apart from a few bits of light rain or drizzle and in any sun it should become rather warm again.

• Like 1

Morning gang,

Thank you for all the luck, I'm going to need it! Time to knuckle down and move on with my life! I've nearly passed my driving test and soon going to want a set of wheels! 

Back to the weather, no sign of anything cold or remotely cold right l right out into the deepest fetches of FI the GFS even moves the 15c 850 temps over us for a time!!

Something I want to point out, the GFS seems to churn up lows and run them time after time up the country out west and North coming up against a giant block and not slamming through us (which you would expect) 

We need to start seeing some of the warmer temps being washed away out east or I'm pretty certain this is going to play havoc this winter, not to mention Europe and mainland had one of the most hottest and prolonged summers in a long long time.

This winter is going to be different, but I still can't work out which side warm or cold. For now I am still going for dry, cold crisp prolonged spells thanks to high pressure. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Good luck with your new job surrey, and hope you pass your diving test, getting a car is a game changer, I really miss mine and I'm too short to drive Hubs BMW lol.

Anyways. Sleepily picked out a thin jumper and jeans for today's school run, seen it was cloudy and maybe rainy so put on my rain coat and off we went. Well I could of done without the coat, no rain or wind and surprisingly mild. And surprisingly pleasant. I was sweating on the way back. 

Well I never coming to end of September and I could of done with a coat in the morning. It feels wrong.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, Surrey said:

Morning gang,

Thank you for all the luck, I'm going to need it! Time to knuckle down and move on with my life! I've nearly passed my driving test and soon going to want a set of wheels! 

Back to the weather, no sign of anything cold or remotely cold right l right out into the deepest fetches of FI the GFS even moves the 15c 850 temps over us for a time!!

Something I want to point out, the GFS seems to churn up lows and run them time after time up the country out west and North coming up against a giant block and not slamming through us (which you would expect) 

We need to start seeing some of the warmer temps being washed away out east or I'm pretty certain this is going to play havoc this winter, not to mention Europe and mainland had one of the most hottest and prolonged summers in a long long time.

This winter is going to be different, but I still can't work out which side warm or cold. For now I am still going for dry, cold crisp prolonged spells thanks to high pressure. 

Good luck in your new career path Surrey! Hope it all works out for you. Get that driving license under your belt, having your own car is wonderful :D

Agree with you about the coming 6 months, think it'll be different to the recent run of horrid wet and windy ones. Hopefully much sunnier, calmer and colder, with a little bit of snow!

• Like 2

Posted
45 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Lovely day today, warm and sunny.

Not here, vile wind, cold and grey.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Having your own car isn't that great in London, you take all that time and spend all that money learning to drive, only to end up traveling 5mph and being stuck in traffic 90% of the time:doh: That word has crept back in your posts stainesbloke, I expect you to use it at least ten times a week this winter:good:

Posted
10 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Having your own car isn't that great in London, you take all that time and spend all that money learning to drive, only to end up traveling 5mph and being stuck in traffic 90% of the time:doh: That word has crept back in your posts stainesbloke, I expect you to use it at least ten times a week this winter:good:

True lassie, London is a nightmare for traffic. Not much better here in north Surrey but I'd rather sit in my car in traffic than with a bus load of people.

The vile word is coming out to play again after a couple of months holiday lol...

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

The cloud and wind has just arrived here.

7 hours ago, lassie23 said:

True 21 minutes on a train 45 minutes in the car £250 a month for the ticket, 

But.. You have to incorporate getting to the station and getting home..

I will probably drive in when I pass 

• Like 1

Posted

Been cloudy all the day and that wind is warm! Sky looked yellow a while back quite amazing. no rain as far as i know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some bright or sunny spells at times, no rain and fairly warm. Not too bad I guess.

Posted

Gorgeous sunny start here with blue skies, feeling a bit nippy.

Posted

Little bit of a nip in the air today but still quite mild - sunny and a light breeze. Laptop giving me a major headache as the most used button has now broke and I have broken a nail smacking it just to get the browser working so I could check the weather for today and tomorrow.  If it doesn't head out side though the nearest window today it will be lucky and by that i mean from the top of the house. I won't be just dumping the thing but taking a hammer to it.

Feels like Autumn today and looks it, the trees are doing their bit, leaves everywhere. Still too warm for the woolly hat and spare a thought for me today aswell. I need to register with the new dentist in the village today and I HATE dentists, I mean I am probably the worst patient they will get, and that will just be in the waiting room. They scare me half to death, and hubs is making me go :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Superb morning here in Suffolk with a wonderful display of cirrus:

Skyscape Wed28Sep2016.jpg

Somebody pinch me - Arpege is showing a temp chart for today that would do mid-summer proud with 23C widely for East Anglia!   :)

Arpege Temps Wed28Sep 17.00.png

• Like 4

Posted
10 minutes ago, Dami said:

Little bit of a nip in the air today but still quite mild - sunny and a light breeze. Laptop giving me a major headache as the most used button has now broke and I have broken a nail smacking it just to get the browser working so I could check the weather for today and tomorrow.  If it doesn't head out side though the nearest window today it will be lucky and by that i mean from the top of the house. I won't be just dumping the thing but taking a hammer to it.

Feels like Autumn today and looks it, the trees are doing their bit, leaves everywhere. Still too warm for the woolly hat and spare a thought for me today aswell. I need to register with the new dentist in the village today and I HATE dentists, I mean I am probably the worst patient they will get, and that will just be in the waiting room. They scare me half to death, and hubs is making me go :(

You and me both when it comes to dentists, you just reminded me I need to make an appointment. I'm half way through treatment but forgot to make my next appointment after the last lot. It wasn't on purpose but may be subconsciously it was if you know what I mean.