Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
17 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Ah.... you've just triggered memories of days-of-old (pre tumble driers or central heating radiators) when my Mum would peg the washing out on a sunny winter's day, and then the sun would go down and it would all freeze solid on the line. A whole new meaning to 'crisp white shirt'!

Maybe we'll only have to wait a couple of weeks for the first of this winter's frosty nights?? There's some great charts for early November being churned out by the GFS! :)

It would be really nice to have some settled weather idea for frosts.

So no rain or wind, something I feel has been missing in years gone by, what happened to the days where frost would stay in the shade all day.

Dreams of winters past lol, even if no snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A reasonable day today, dry with some sunny spells and a gentle north easterly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Stayed dry all day here, started sunny and then some north sea cloud came over. Again the day felt and looked like winter is coming. The cloud although dry reminded me of the type of cloud you get with light snow flurries.

Posted

Cool, less wind than before, cloudy, dull and 12c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Morning all.

Small slow steps, chopping and changing is all part of the weather. It can change and it often does very quickly.

Not for one minute am I suggesting a 2010 end to November but I do think it'll be very different than the last few winters.

Here in the SE we've already had the feel of a N/NE/E'ly in early Autumn and it has that crisp biting feel to it. We may have to put up with the Atlantic fighting back first but its all the tiny ingredients coming to plan.  The warm waters have helped getting the NE'lys in early thus slowing the usual Atlantic onslaught at this time of year.

Whilst I don't think it will be long cold snaps/ major freezes I do think we'll have a good few NE/Ely events peppering snow showers in off the North Sea, Could be more cold 24/48hr windows of opportunities arriving, Sleet Showers as early as start of December. This morning very much gave that feeling that if in a Months time them showers would of been a wintery mix.

Just don't worry about the charts flipping about at this stage, 7/10 days is usually the max, 14+days should be taken purely as fun unless an across the board pattern emerges.

Welcome to the silly season :yahoo:

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted

Any else noticed that all of a sudden the leaves are turning and starting to drop in the last few days.

Some lovely colors as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 hours ago, seaside 60 said:

Any else noticed that all of a sudden the leaves are turning and starting to drop in the last few days.

Some lovely colors as well.

Noticed that here too, it's gone from no fallen leaves to mass loss in two weeks.

2 hours ago, Team Squirrel said:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=se&fcTime=1477350000

Fog warning for large parts of the S/E tomorrow morning.

Put that in your 'October fog' diary!!

Will i get some fog for once in October tonight, still fog less in London

Posted
8 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Noticed that here too, it's gone from no fallen leaves to mass loss in two weeks.

Will i get some fog for once in October tonight, still fog less in London

Did you get any fog? It's quite foggy in the river valleys but the fog isn't widespread. Another chance for fog tonight though it seems.

It looks like late October out there...but it doesn't feel like late October if that make any sense.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Always quite misty here anyways as I live a minute away from the great ouse river, very pretty when the sun :cc_confused: comes out. Still quite dark here and rainy looking and cool and where's my 2nd package at:cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A lot of mist and murk to start here, finally got a few days off from work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
50 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Did you get any fog? It's quite foggy in the river valleys but the fog isn't widespread. Another chance for fog tonight though it seems.

It looks like late October out there...but it doesn't feel like late October if that make any sense.

I got a thin blanket of fog which means I'll get one light snow fall this winter.:good:

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good Morning Everyone,

After a cloudy, rather misty start the sun has just started to break through the clouds.

Last week my wife and friends visited Hanningfield Reservoir Nature Reserve here in central Essex. When she returned home she commented upon the very low water level. It was the lowest she had seen the Reservoir for a good number of years. Her comments got me thinking and I cannot recall a decent rainfall for many weeks. Early summer we had a number of thunderstorms, but since it has been missing most of the heavy shower activity experienced elsewhere and any fronts that have passed through have been very weak affairs with only a little rain of deizzle on them.

Unfortunately I do not have a weather station and I am just basing my comments on what I have observed. Does anyone in the area have rainfall figures for the past 3 months and how they compare with the average.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Dave

Posted
7 hours ago, claret047 said:

Good Morning Everyone,

After a cloudy, rather misty start the sun has just started to break through the clouds.

Last week my wife and friends visited Hanningfield Reservoir Nature Reserve here in central Essex. When she returned home she commented upon the very low water level. It was the lowest she had seen the Reservoir for a good number of years. Her comments got me thinking and I cannot recall a decent rainfall for many weeks. Early summer we had a number of thunderstorms, but since it has been missing most of the heavy shower activity experienced elsewhere and any fronts that have passed through have been very weak affairs with only a little rain of deizzle on them.

Unfortunately I do not have a weather station and I am just basing my comments on what I have observed. Does anyone in the area have rainfall figures for the past 3 months and how they compare with the average.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Dave

There was I think an article in the local Evening Echo, about the lowness of the water, it is well down.

To which an "expert" said not to worry its the rainy season and normal ;levels will resume soon.......

• Like 1

Posted

Well the mist and low cloud burnt off by mid-morning to leave a mix of sunshine and some mid/high level cloud. Not a bad feeling day with light winds and mild temperatures.

Posted

Anyone like Southwold in Suffolk?

Adnams have plans to destroy forever a historic area with their commercial plans. 

Briefly

It's is proposed to

Form a new 40ft wide access to Victoria Street.

Increase commercial and other traffic substantially along the length of Victoria Street. 

Increase the commercial uses on their site substantially. 

Destroy forever this quiet historic residential area.

check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/1852803978286419/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Hello Snipper,

I have been a couple of times and found it to be a very pleasant small town. It will be a pity if the overall appearance of the place changes.

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted

I worked in Southwold for a couple of summers around 5 years ago whilst I was at university. Southwold is fairly small with a fair amount of parking just outside the town in for which the walk into the town centre and the pub in question isn't very far. It probably isn't necessary to be honest