Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 minute ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Serious question, has there actually been any weather over the last week or so, or has it literally been cloudy, mild, calm and dry.

Had some spots of rain yesterday . 

Posted

Lovely autumnal day.

Foggy all day.

Like a scene from a Dickens novel, and dark early to boot. 

Lovely-jubbly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
1 hour ago, Team Squirrel said:

Oh lord, it was worse than that, the night before the storm, one of the kids insisted on eating sandwiches his mother made for him 2 days before instead of camp food and was stuck down with food poisoning and being a senior club member, it was my job to look after him. Not because the other adults were busy, but because they were drunk!! Wouldn't happen these days!! :D 

Looking outside it looks like OFI is going to squeeze in one more October fog night, I think that's 6? I just looked in my wildlife diary (I'm a RSPB member) and apart from some wildlife notes, I noticed that last year on November 1st there was a fog and I noted it was the first foggy day I had seen "in a very long time". So from this I conclude that there was no fog at all here in Bucks last October. And we know what lost winter was like. I'm interested in this October fog folklore!

I have to ask, what happens if there has been a fog whilst you were asleep.

Posted
On 26/10/2016 at 20:20, Captain Shortwave said:

I worked in Southwold for a couple of summers around 5 years ago whilst I was at university. Southwold is fairly small with a fair amount of parking just outside the town in for which the walk into the town centre and the pub in question isn't very far. It probably isn't necessary to be honest

Check out http://www.savevictoriastreet.com/

Posted
23 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

I have to ask, what happens if there has been a fog whilst you were asleep.

Well it should have had the common decency to appear while I was awake!!:D

In all seriousness though, the OFI is just folklore monitering, it's not science.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 hours ago, Team Squirrel said:

Oh lord, it was worse than that, the night before the storm, one of the kids insisted on eating sandwiches his mother made for him 2 days before instead of camp food and was stuck down with food poisoning and being a senior club member, it was my job to look after him. Not because the other adults were busy, but because they were drunk!! Wouldn't happen these days!! :D 

Looking outside it looks like OFI is going to squeeze in one more October fog night, I think that's 6? I just looked in my wildlife diary (I'm a RSPB member) and apart from some wildlife notes, I noticed that last year on November 1st there was a fog and I noted it was the first foggy day I had seen "in a very long time". So from this I conclude that there was no fog at all here in Bucks last October. And we know what lost winter was like. I'm interested in this October fog folklore!

As long as there was no barfing on you. 6 October fogs, to my three, it can only mean that the snow showers will fizzle out by the time they reach london. You'll end up with a covering and i'll end up with a dusting:closedeyes: No fog in October here for three years, it was far too stormy. I hope I am not putting your hopes up too high, if it turns into a snow less winter for you, you can kick me in the nuts:good:

Posted
15 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

As long as there was no barfing on you. 6 October fogs, to my three, it can only mean that the snow showers will fizzle out by the time they reach london. You'll end up with a covering and i'll end up with a dusting:closedeyes: No fog in October here for three years, it was far too stormy. I hope I am not putting your hopes up too high, if it turns into a snow less winter for you, you can kick me in the nuts:good:

Can we have an auction to draw lots on who will first, lol...:yahoo:

Posted
2 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Can we have an auction to draw lots on who will first, lol...:yahoo:

Not too many kicks, might end up looking like your avatar lol

Posted
13 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Not too many kicks, might end up looking like your avatar lol

:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The fog's down...reminds me of my six-year-old self sitting on the windowsill, hiding behind the curtains, counting the streetlights as they disappeared behind a horribly green, brickworks-generated pea-souper!:D

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Weather has been lovely here the last three days, sunny during the day foggy at night, T'shirt weather. Fog only lifted to a very light mist today though. 

Morning peeps,

Not been on here for a little while need so busy with work and sorting things out.

Been rather pants weather here very foggy! And woken up to more foggy conditions!

Not liking the look of the coming weekends weather, I have £1000 worth of fireworks to let off for a display I am doing and it looks like it might rain! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

fog firmed here fairly early last night, hopefully this will clear to leave a sunny and warm Halloween.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Very foggy here this morning but feels incredibly mild.

Was browsing the MOD thread over the weekend and this morning, some very knowledgeable members which is an excellent read and great for learning. But one cant help but notice how exhausting it must be analyzing every single run for cold at the end of October. Hats off to them.

Frosty manages to be on the forum 24/7 posting and story telling every run... How does he do it? Remarkable and well done to him for remaining positive most of the time.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Once again another sunny mild/warm Halloween - I think this is the 3rd one on the trot, I remember 2014 being incredibly warm for the time of year. Lets hope we can get at least a chilly Guy Fawkes night but going by the models it actually could be wet (incredible after such a long run of dry weather) - TYPICAL!

1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

Once again another sunny mild/warm Halloween - I think this is the 3rd one on the trot, I remember 2014 being incredibly warm for the time of year. Lets hope we can get at least a chilly Guy Fawkes night but going by the models it actually could be wet (incredible after such a long run of dry weather) - TYPICAL!

Only GFS showing the rain and wind the EMC shows calm and cold. I don't think we will really know till Thursday/Friday what will happen.

If it looks wet and windy, I will be moving our fireworks to the Sunday. 

I've got to bigger fireworks to be letting them off in wind...

IMG-20161028-WA0004.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Incredibly mild out there. I made the mistake of wearing a coat on the dog walk just now and in regretted it. Shorts and t-shirt would have been a better choice! And the darn midges were loving it - ruddy hundreds of them being a nuisance. We need a good hard frost to see all the pests off. :angry:

Interesting that Arpege 06z max temp forecast for East Anglia this afternoon is only 14C and for the south of the Region 15C. That's going to be short; it's already 15.5C here. It'll be interesting to check the Region's max temps later. I'll have 50p on 17C for Gravesend. :)

Arpege 06z 16.00 Arpege Temp Mon 31Oct.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

21c recorded and various 20c today across the region.Just like Sumner again.

Ladybirds everywhere too!

Posted
2 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

21c recorded and various 20c today across the region.Just like Sumner again.

Ladybirds everywhere too!

minus the wasps:yahoo:

Posted
23 hours ago, lassie23 said:

minus the wasps:yahoo:

Less wasps! I have seen a few of the critters still.Bees also in evidence.

Posted
2 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

Less wasps! I have seen a few of the critters still.Bees also in evidence.

Think wasps had a bad year around here, no bin maggots either.

• Like 1