Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

For us in Merseyside, if the Wind veers a direct Nerly on  Friday then assuming that precipitation continues, we'll have a bit more of an off-shore wind at least South  of Formby point and  east of the Mersey. 

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 1

Posted

Wind has picked up here over the past half-hour, booming gusts against the window and taking a quick-look on the windspeeds it's currently 40mph, expecting to be 55mph by mid-morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Allowed myself to get a bit too excited, that wave looks a right bugger! I'll be willing it to move further south tomorrow! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

GFS going even more N'ly with the winds here Thurs night. Lancashire looks to have a window of opportunity for some beefy showers earlier on Thurs but after that, given the emerging wind direction, it looks like slim pickings to me. Places like the Wirral could do well though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

That wave is much more pronounced again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time
3 hours ago, CreweCold said:

GFS going even more N'ly with the winds here Thurs night. Lancashire looks to have a window of opportunity for some beefy showers earlier on Thurs but after that, given the emerging wind direction, it looks like slim pickings to me. Places like the Wirral could do well though!

I do hope you're correct but my expectations are still a sleety rain fest.  It'll be a very pleasant surprise if Wirral sees proper snow.

Posted

It just means at some point in the hoir referenced it will snow. Probs not cont snow

Posted
6 minutes ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

It just means at some point in the hoir referenced it will snow. Probs not cont snow

Then it's usually indicated as showers and not continous snow..... not that I expect 24 hours of snow.

If you hit a convergence zone then showers will merge to give longer outbreaks but I accept tomorrow's outbreak will be showers some longer lasting than others. Some in the region may get a few others more. That's the nature of showers

Either way it will be radar time soon 

Edited by frosty ground
  • Like 1

Posted

I think we may do better than progged. I have no evidence, just a feeling

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Mental squall going through. It's all rain of course

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
1 minute ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

I think we may do better than progged. I have no evidence, just a feeling

Agreed. 

Posted

Dry here

DP now falling away. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted

Terrible southern bias on the mod thread again today. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

What will be will be.

Guaranteed it'll be all change will regard to warnings later on, good or bad? Fed up guessing.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Thunder Snow said:

I'm not holding my breath for any snow lol

I think you's got a good chance of it tonight for sure with frequent showers piling in, or at least thats what the BBC graphics are trying to imply. Basically Cumbria is more likely too see settling snow than Lancashire but as others say, its down to radar watching now.

That front looks like its going to be a player for a bit of Southern England, was hoping it would be further southwards to be fair but looks less likely now however the BBC graphics seem to indicate all may not be lost on a convective front although this will be subject to change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Blimey was windy last night, still is, it's blown my son's wheelchair ramp over and that's very heavy! 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

I think you's got a good chance of it tonight for sure with frequent showers piling in, or at least thats what the BBC graphics are trying to imply. Basically Cumbria is more likely too see settling snow than Lancashire but as others say, its down to radar watching now.

That front looks like its going to be a player for a bit of Southern England, was hoping it would be further southwards to be fair but looks less likely now however the BBC graphics seem to indicate all may not be lost on a convective front although this will be subject to change.

it was looming better on the 6z and 12z now most of the snow is further south and further east for Friday:/

Posted

Omg! Temp just plummeted from 7.7 to 6.8°C in 90 seconds, not raining either so not  evaporative cooling 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

Omg! Temp just plummeted from 7.7 to 6.8°C in 90 seconds, not raining either so not  evaporative cooling 

Sky has gone clear here after some heavy showers rattled through..... 

Arctic air starting to make it's presence felt.

Posted

Morning all.. 

So unfortunately for the NW things have gone a bit Pete Tong.. 

This is the problem :- Rtavn361.gif 

Instead of a clean cold WNW'ly at this point , that front down south has developed into a little low, which means the flow is nowhere near as potent as it was forecasted to be 24 hours ago.

when you look at 18z tomorrow Rtavn421.gif 

I still think it's likely the south of the region will see some beefy snow showers , but it's nowhere near as clear cut as it was yesterday, certainly for daylight hours tomorrow.

Unbelievably at this juncture there is still time for change, but I think it'll just be a case of watching the radar and hoping for the best. 

Edited by Joe Bloggs
  • Like 1

Posted

No rain since Monday here. 

Posted

We'll know everything when we see the 12z's roll out later on. Fingers crossed for some slight changes! About normal that it changes more to a southern event than an event for us!