SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

So glad I live bang on the South Coast. 

Won't be getting no snow here!!

We only seem to get settling snow when it comes from those pesky Russians 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
5 minutes ago, Dami said:

Twitter posts i'm seeing are  suggesting just heavy rain with some snow possible. (no idea how to embed a tweet to prove) 

So this is what it's been saying for a while now so not expecting any coverage or any snow really. Nothing seems to have changed.

If we get 5cm i'll eat my kit-kat. (not keen on hats)

I certainly not saying 5cm+ BUT what I will say is many many many snow events start with rain first and people saying oh it's raining so no snow will settle on wet ground now blah blah blah....it can and it does ;) 

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Lamposangel delightcher said:

Another upgrade from the latest bbc weather 10cm maybe mentioned

I dare say somewhere on the tops of the Chilterns or downs will measure 10cm.  I'd expect 5cm max for most towns and cities.  Will be glad to be proven wrong though!

Posted

I have not posted for years.. (at least not since Croydon snow plough days) but in this case I have I have to say that the chance of snow is increasing, along with it settling. If the low continues to track the right way we are looking at very heavy wet snow with the obvious chance of transport chaos that entails..

Even the met weather page has been showing increasing amount of snow over a longer period so can't do anymore than that for the doubters

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow all the way

Snow falling might be the only thing to be excited about, which I will be more than happy to see but temperatures most of tomorrow won't be cold enough and by the time the temperature drops and the snow starts the ground temperature is too warm and the surface soggy from hours of heavy rain.  Please prove me wrong?

Posted

Reality Check Time :)

Will it snow in the areas covered by this topic? - Pretty much so given the forecasts seen so far

How much snow will there be? Who cares - its more than some people have seen (my grandaughter has not seen snow falling yet)

Will it last? - Who cares - its snowing!

Will it settle in London? - Who cares - its snowing!

:laugh:

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 minutes ago, Biensie said:

Snow falling might be the only thing to be excited about, which I will be more than happy to see but temperatures most of tomorrow won't be cold enough and by the time the temperature drops and the snow starts the ground temperature is too warm and the surface soggy from hours of heavy rain.  Please prove me wrong?

How long will it rain for before it turns to snow:unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
28 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I certainly not saying 5cm+ BUT what I will say is many many many snow events start with rain first and people saying oh it's raining so no snow will settle on wet ground now blah blah blah....it can and it does ;) 

yes, yes I too have seen wet ground turn white IF it's heavy enough. I've not seen anything that makes me think my area will see much, just sleet which is fine'cos it's nice to have a bit of winter. Just a shame it isn't 23rd of December today.

Edited by Dami

Posted
4 minutes ago, Dami said:

yes, yes I too have seen wet ground turn white IF it's heavy enough. I've not seen anything that makes me think my area will see much, just sleet which is fine'cos it's nice to have a bit of winter. Just a shame it isn't 23rd of December today.

What do you class as much, that's the question Dami, everyone's expectations since 2010 seem to be very different.

I don't know too much about Bedfordshire so I really can't comment on your area, this will be an event where a mile or two down the road could be very different, reports in this thread will be very different, reports from the bottom of my road will probably be very different due to elevation, as will in Town.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
1 minute ago, Kent Blizzard said:

What do you class as much, that's the question Dami, everyone's expectations since 2010 seem to be very different.

I don't know too much about Bedfordshire so I really can't comment on your area, this will be an event where a mile or two down the road could be very different, reports in this thread will be very different.

I think bedfordshire is too far north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
1 hour ago, Amanzi said:

First time in years we have something to cheer about. I just hope that the dewpoints will be low enough. Judging by the metoffice app in Epsom, it has no clue what is going on! I have been watching the symbols since Tuesday and it has gone from heavy snow, light snow, heavy rain back to light snow.. lol. Currently it says sleet.

same for me, never seen the symbols change so much, how you plan anything. Trouble is still time for all too change

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Still just a yellow warning from the Met Office in the latest update this morning although the risk % has gone up and more positive wording for snowfall especially in SE England.

Edited by prolongedSnowLover
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Is that a general comment, or weather related...

;-)

Posted

Looking forward to seeing the Euro4 at lunchtime, 24hrs before the event kicks off :aggressive:

Posted
1 minute ago, loafer said:

Is that a general comment, or weather related...

;-)

General comment, would get a nose bleed if i went up there, too close to the Arctic for me lol

Posted
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

General comment, would get a nose bleed if i went up there, too close to the Arctic for me lol

Charming'

Posted
15 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I don't know too much about Bedfordshire so I really can't comment on your area, this will be an event where a mile or two down the road could be very different, reports in this thread will be very different, reports from the bottom of my road will probably be very different due to elevation, as will in Town.

Well for snow to lay on already wet ground, i'm talking large heavy flakes falling fast. As far as amount is concerned, just to see some falling snow. 'much' is to see this rather than rain. So to confuse things even more I would say i would be surprised to see proper falling snow tomorrow in my area and not sleet. 

I don't live in a town, but near hills that seem to move alot of weather away from me. Had many a storm been so close I could touch it but it's not hit. 

But I have seen more snow here than I ever did in Eastbourne.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
14 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

BBC weather showed risk of snow from Hampshire all the way up to The Wash , so you never know

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
14 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

You bugger !!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Providing the track of ppn follows BBC TV forecast. 

If you live in Bedfordshire that for me is the sweet spot! 

Edit: Darren Bett already moved the snow line further north on latest update. 

"disruption for South midlands into East Anglia" 

Edited by Ben Lewis