Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
1 minute ago, Lamposangel delightcher said:

London itselfs id say 2-5 cm's

Greater london 5-10cm

Hertfordshire 7-15 cm

Kent 10-15 cm

Rain or Snow ;) lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
10 minutes ago, MAF said:

Morning All, having just seen the BBC News channel's weather report I am a bit worried. I have to go to Tewkesbury tomorrow for a 0900 meeeting, which means i am travelling back to SE London in what looks like blizzard conditions :shok:

Isn't it lovely to worry about blizzards 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters

where's yamkin?! 

the croydon advertiser is forecasting heavy snow.... for this to be true, surely they must have got wind that their local council has placed a huge order for salt and has dusted off all snow clearing equipment?

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/this-was-the-heaviest-snowfall-croydon-has-ever-seen/story-30045570-detail/story.html

:cold::rofl:

Edited by username home
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, username home said:

where's yamkin?! 

the croydon advertiser is forecasting heavy snow.... for this to be true, surely they must have got wind that their local council has placed a huge order for salt and has dusted off all snow clearing equipment?

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/this-was-the-heaviest-snowfall-croydon-has-ever-seen/story-30045570-detail/story.html

Still organising Shirley's resistance-forces against the imminent attack from Nibiru?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Not sure how reliable it is but TWOs Forecast for tomorrow has me down for blizzard conditions between  6 and 9pm! I suppose it's a question of will it settle or not, given the rain that will have preceded it.

On another note it shows just how fast things change as only a few days ago the NW of England looked to be the sweet spot for snow. I wouldn't of course be brave enough to post this in their Forum!

In saying the above, nothing has of course happened yet and we might all end up with nothing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
5 minutes ago, username home said:

where's yamkin?! 

I do miss Yamkin. There was also a Dutch chap (name escapes me) who was hilarious. Don't actually think he was Dutch as it turned out.:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Lamposangel delightcher said:

Greater london 5-10cm

Hertfordshire 7-15 cm

Kent 10-15 cm

That's a big shout !   I would be very surprised if London saw 1cm let alone 5cm !  I would currently guess 5cm lower than all those numbers.  I think the NAE / Euro 4 which shows those kind of numbers is very isolated and is likely to reduce on the next update.  Remember this is a rain to snow event.  It will start as rain, then sleet then wet snow that doesn't settle before starting to settle after dark.  If we had frozen ground and it was an all snow event then 10cm-15cm would be possible but unless you are 150m+ ASL I wouldn't pin your hopes on snowmen and sledging !  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Put it this way if it starts snowing in Kent, I'm leaving Brighton immediately where I am supposed to be all day. Not risking not getting home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
1 minute ago, Lauren said:

Put it this way if it starts snowing in Kent, I'm leaving Brighton immediately where I am supposed to be all day. Not risking not getting home.

Brighton to Medway you'll need to leave a lot earlier than when it starts!

Posted
6 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Not sure how reliable it is but TWOs Forecast for tomorrow has me down for blizzard conditions between  6 and 9pm! I suppose it's a question of will it settle or not, given the rain that will have preceded it.

On another note it shows just how fast things change as only a few days ago the NW of England looked to be the sweet spot for snow. I wouldn't of course be brave enough to post this in their Forum!

In saying the above, nothing has of course happened yet and we might all end up with nothing.

Good morning fellow Shammer. Can guarantee we'll get something as I'm having new turf laid tomorrow. Can see me hosing off the snow to make sure the turf gets it's daily water quota.

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, Lamposangel delightcher said:

Greater london 5-10cm

Hertfordshire 7-15 cm

Kent 10-15 cm

What about East Sussex??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Well im on the kent,sussex border so 10-15cms will do ha ha

Posted
2 minutes ago, Lamposangel delightcher said:

10-15 cm

Can I ask what compensation we get for our purchases of snow chains and sledges if we don't get 10-15cm ? :)  

Posted

You lot are hoping would say as the ground will be so wet and ground temp high would be lucky to see 2cm's over the whole region with London sorry to say having just snow/sleet falling but not laying,but would be great just to see it snowing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything exciting.

That wind has started to get up now ,just waiting for the rest if it comes ,it feels like Christmas waiting for Santa.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Not sure why people are expecting to see 10-15cm. No model is suggesting that amount of snowfall? It looks like being a rain event for most at least initially with sleet/snow on the back edge as the wave sinks South-Eastwards into France. It's really only the Euro4 suggesting a widespread snow event and as we've seen in the past, it often significantly over does the snow signal in these situations.

Think we'll probably see 2-3cm over higher ground over places like the Cotswolds and maybe the North/South Kent Downs but for most of us, any falling snow will struggle to settle.

1.png2.png3.png

Edited by Daniel Smith
  • Like 3

Posted

Lampost Watcher ;  this is the most generous output I've seen in terms of snow cover.  Can I ask where you get 10-15cm for East Sussex from ? Not having a dig just wondering what you are basing your forecast on and helping others to keep their expectations reasonable!

euro4.gif

Edited by Tim Bland
  • Like 1

Posted

The GFS models just coming out are more progressive on snow from ~6pm tomorrow (2nd image), but as others have said, it will fall onto wet ground, so unlikely to settle to 10-15cm.

More to come on Friday mid-morning, too (first image).

51-574.gif

36-574.gif

Edited by loafer
Add images

Posted
4 minutes ago, loafer said:

The GFS models just coming out are more progressive on snow from ~6pm tomorrow, but as others have said, it will fall onto wet ground, so unlikely to settle to 10-15cm.

Agree will be to wet,depending how hard it snows but would expect 2 cm's at most.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

Lampost Watcher ;  this is the most generous output I've seen in terms of snow cover.  Can I ask where you get 10-15cm for East Sussex from ? Not having a dig just wondering what you are basing your forecast on and helping others to keep their expectations reasonable!

euro4.gif

Thats my total expectations from thursday till sat :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Twitter posts i'm seeing are  suggesting just heavy rain with some snow possible. (no idea how to embed a tweet to prove) 

So this is what it's been saying for a while now so not expecting any coverage or any snow really. Nothing seems to have changed.

If we get 5cm i'll eat my kit-kat. (not keen on hats)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

BBC news just said there could be  up to 10cm Hampshire and above from Thursday afternoon. Maybe we will see some after all