Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Well if the ecm is to be believed then the midlands are gonna be buried on Sunday. Seems like gp in the model threat is getting very excited lol. Still think Yorkshire is gonna miss out on the big dumpings looking at ecm. Plus if it shifts anymore south we could miss out altogether. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Sunday is looking like a n(ice) day.....

20171207_181942.png

Edited by Kentish Snowman

im actually loosing my patience with the weather now. i think i could actually cry. why just why for once couldnt it have been further north. i have been snow starved for so so long and i thought things would at least be fair but instead now they get 10cm tomorrw followed by a pummeling on sunday. i feel devastated quite frankly. gfs might aswell put us out our misery now i guess. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, terrier said:

Well if the ecm is to be believed then the midlands are gonna be buried on Sunday. Seems like gp in the model threat is getting very excited lol. Still think Yorkshire is gonna miss out on the big dumpings looking at ecm. Plus if it shifts anymore south we could miss out altogether. 

Keeps fingers crossed it stays well away from Sheffield!

Posted
3 minutes ago, sausage said:

im actually loosing my patience with the weather now. i think i could actually cry. why just why for once couldnt it have been further north. i have been snow starved for so so long and i thought things would at least be fair but instead now they get 10cm tomorrw followed by a pummeling on sunday. i feel devastated quite frankly. gfs might aswell put us out our misery now i guess. 

I wouldn’t worry it’s only weather. And if the ecm is correct it brings the Atlantic in on Tuesday so the snow will quickly melt down there lol 

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
11 minutes ago, terrier said:

ECM has one of the most affected areas as South Yorkshire! North Yorkshire won't be getting buried but the ECM is near perfect for the south of the Region.

• Like 2

Posted
18 minutes ago, terrier said:

11 minutes ago, sausage said:

Christ I like snow us much as the next weather nut but I didn't know it affected people's moods so much!

It is still looking promising for Yorkshire (especially South) despite the hysterics.  We are slap bang in the middle of the warning zone so just chill!  Snow for 24 hours and temps below zero are forecast for my area on Sunday into Monday at the mo so that has to be good news?

And hell if it does end up going South jump on a train to the Midlands on Sunday and fill your boots!  :pardon:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

guys your comments do help. but yes it just really affects me simply due to my passion and love for snow! i feel that we miss this then its once again a long long wait for another wintry chance. there is nothing bringing us anything else this week. cold and frosty is great but very poor without snow. this would have been deep snow and long lasting :'(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

https://weather.us/model-charts/euro/south-yorkshire/snow-depth-in/20171211-0300z.html

Thats the ECM snow Depth. upto 8 inches widely across South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire has to make do with 4-6 Inches.

Prime area on that run is Wales and Ireland. Will all change again, next run.

Edited by cowdog

Posted
3 minutes ago, sausage said:

guys your comments do help. but yes it just really affects me simply due to my passion and love for snow! i feel that we miss this then its once again a long long wait for another wintry chance. there is nothing bringing us anything else this week. cold and frosty is great but very poor without snow. this would have been deep snow and long lasting :'(

Chin up Sausage!  We might get round 2 as early as Monday!!  :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

I like to always count down to snow events via the NMM, now in the range of the 72hr version 

12z looks good for South Yorkshire towards Lincs, not so great for West, North and East Yorkshire, worth bearing in in mind that GFS and ECM have the snow further North.

Next update at midnight.

nmmuk-1-70-0.thumb.png.85f2559f9bc59a5c14b849031d4b24d3.pngnmmuk-26-72-0.thumb.png.c92f2e96a0a5db8b80c1291cfcf5a52c.pngnmmuk-2-70-0.thumb.png.05900616b8ad9bfdeac1f471f0f7921f.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vizzy2004 said:

I like to always count down to snow events via the NMM, now in the range of the 72hr version 

12z looks good for South Yorkshire towards Lincs, not so great for West, North and East Yorkshire, worth bearing in in mind that GFS and ECM have the snow further North.

Next update at midnight.

nmmuk-1-70-0.thumb.png.85f2559f9bc59a5c14b849031d4b24d3.pngnmmuk-26-72-0.thumb.png.c92f2e96a0a5db8b80c1291cfcf5a52c.pngnmmuk-2-70-0.thumb.png.05900616b8ad9bfdeac1f471f0f7921f.png

those charts have just made me feel worse :( :'(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, sausage said:

those charts have just made me feel worse :( :'(

Wouldn't get hung up over 1 run, if it still looks like that come Saturday then il join you in the depressed thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

I just want to get back to my boys (Mylo dog and hubby) then it can do what it likes. Having said that, a snow covered landscape from your flight is amazing...

Let's hope Transpennine Express is up to the job tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

The sleet seemed to turn to snow briefly.

Oh, and ECM, UKMO and GFS aren't too bad for this area. I'd be fine with a couple of inches.

Edited by cheese

Posted

Wouldn't take much of a correction northwards to get us all in the snow. Fingers crossed 

Posted

There's also a wave development on the slider.A touch north is still my thought.

South York's will be ok imo.

Here in west York's I'm thinking 4"+.

It's a wider band than previously thought.

Posted

Been saying for few days now this band is correcting south all the time in last few runs. Can see West Yorkshire’s best chance been overnight tonight. I Think the sweet spots on Sunday will end up been Derbyshire down into Warwickshire into the midlands. With West Yorkshire wondering what all the fuss is about by Sunday teatime.