Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Absolute belter of a day! This weather brings back childhood memories of how I can remember June days. Managed 27.8°C with 48% RH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
12 minutes ago, markyo said:

25c is perfect as you say for most. Anything above is just a wish for heat lovers,as in winter months for cold lovers  banging on about how cold they like it,pointless and uncomfortable.

27C here and most people seem perfectly happy to me. They are outside in the parks enjoying their lives. There's a music festival on today and people are commenting on how great the weather is for it.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Find it very weird how folk clammier for temps above 25/26c. Just uncomfortable then even if your not working,especially for sleeping. It's like folk in winter wanting sub minus 5c temps,pointless.

Agree. I prefer it low 20's, I can sit out for ages and not sweat buckets, still get the Vitamin D (as temps are not a factor).  Anything higher than low 20's and it becomes a bit too much for me. I just overheat and get uncomfortable. We're all different, and at least in Winter if you want to get warm you just put an extra jumper on or turn heating on. If you get too hot in Summer it can be harder to cool down than it can in the Winter to warm up. Some in here take a different  view but we're not all the same people. Our bodies work slightly differently. A bit like medication - some pills work better on others.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
6 minutes ago, cheese said:

27C here and most people seem perfectly happy to me. They are outside in the parks enjoying their lives. There's a music festival on today and people are commenting on how great the weather is for it.

Point taken,but for many also this isn't great weather,......costing me to much for me flipping air con running!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Agree. I prefer it low 20's, I can sit out for ages and not sweat buckets, still get the Vitamin D (as temps are not a factor).  Anything higher than low 20's and it becomes a bit too much for me. I just overheat and get uncomfortable. We're all different, and at least in Winter if you want to get warm you just put an extra jumper on or turn heating on. If you get too hot in Summer it can be harder to cool down than it can in the Winter to warm up. Some in here take a different  view but we're not all the same people. Our bodies work slightly differently. A bit like medication - some pills work better on others.

Cooling down is way more tricky than warming up. That is a fact. But as you say everybody is different,so it's a personal perspective that we should all take and not criticise anybody who's views differ.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
On 6/10/2017 at 19:01, mushymanrob said:

looking like that hot spell next weekend is going t*ts up....

Famous last words and all that lol...

Its always good looking at things retrospectively.  :)

Posted
9 minutes ago, markyo said:

Point taken,but for many also this isn't great weather,......costing me to much for me flipping air con running!

Question, have you got old air con or the newer ones that heat as well as cool down.

Only I got the impression the new ones cost bugger all to run.

Posted
1 minute ago, seaside 60 said:

Question, have you got old air con or the newer ones that heat as well as cool down.

Only I got the impression the new ones cost bugger all to run.

New one,can heat as well...never does though! As for the cost,shall we say it's on a timer!!! But couldn't do without it:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Find it very weird how folk clammier for temps above 25/26c. Just uncomfortable then even if your not working,especially for sleeping. It's like folk in winter wanting sub minus 5c temps,pointless.

Believe me, go to any Airport and you'll find weirder folk who have paid over £1000 just for ten days sunbathing in hotter climates

Posted
5 minutes ago, markyo said:

New one,can heat as well...never does though! As for the cost,shall we say it's on a timer!!! But couldn't do without it:)

I've had to resort to getting air con, cant come soon enough, old house heats up and acts as a radiator in the eve and over night and suffer from heat as got older.

Dont have problem with a sea breeze but unlike the old days we never seem to get many of them nowadays.

Surprised you need it a lot "up north".

Posted

Reached 25c here courtesy of the Azores High. absolutely perfect with strong sun all day.  Highest ever here 31c recorded in July 2015 and 2016 by the famous Spanish plume with a good 10mb lower pressure than the current Azores high

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Shows how damn bias this site is; the number of posts of mine that have been removed from the output threads for falling out of context, yet there's not much moaning from you sunworshippers is there? Goinf to remove their posts, mods?

I cannot wait until the winter comes and the sun doesn't show itself for weeks. I will gloat the living daylights out of the heat lovers akin to what captain shockwave did earlier to us.

Our time will come again....

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Posted
40 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

I've had to resort to getting air con, cant come soon enough, old house heats up and acts as a radiator in the eve and over night and suffer from heat as got older.

Dont have problem with a sea breeze but unlike the old days we never seem to get many of them nowadays.

Surprised you need it a lot "up north".

Need it "up North"...only prob is fitting it into the cave:)....we haven't got such posh house's as you lot down sarf:D Got a old house like you,gets a tad warm at times or is that my age which is more likely!

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Shows how damn bias this site is; the number of posts of mine that have been removed from the output threads for falling out of context, yet there's not much moaning from you sunworshippers is there? Goinf to remove their posts, mods?

Think of the poor folk in Spain, who are coping with incessant & vile temperatures of 40C....and seemingly, it will stay that way for the next week or so. The majority in MOD thread crave sun and heatwaves for the duration of summer - with no care for anyone but themselves. What a bunch.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

I know. My heart goes out to them. Summer is a vile season. Good for nothing but retirees and chavs with nothing better to do than sunbathe from dawn until dusk.

• Like 1

Just for balance - I love summer! Sat outside under a parasol with a tall glass of water. It's very comfortable in the shade. This weather is for relaxing in and the only ones I sympathise with are those who don't have a choice but to work in full sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
34 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I cannot wait until the winter comes and the sun doesn't show itself for weeks. I will gloat the living daylights out of the heat lovers akin to what captain shockwave did earlier to us.

giphy.gif

Just for the record I like cold/snowy weather in winter so you won't exactly be getting revenge :laugh:

Believe it or not it isn't as simple as hot vs cold, some of us are of the continental climate variety where we like hot and thundery summers and cold and snowy winters, mainly because of our geographical position in the world.

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

Just for balance - I love summer! Sat outside under a parasol with a tall glass of water. It's very comfortable in the shade. This weather is for relaxing in and the only ones I sympathise with are those who don't have a choice but to work in full sun.

I dont dislike summer - but a balance between warm, mixed and cooler is part of the classic British summer - or so, that's what I remembered. Now, we tend to get a repressive heat... muggy! You can be a weather enthusiast without wanting records to tumble - heat records, droughts.... 

Summer should be enjoyed, but the mod thread isn't what I would call people enjoying... it's this need for it to be HOT, not warm. A craving almost "we deserve". Like I said, what a bunch!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, draztik said:

I dont dislike summer - but a balance between warm, mixed and cooler is part of the classic British summer - or so, that's what I remembered. Now, we tend to get a repressive heat... muggy! You can be a weather enthusiast without wanting records to tumble - heat records, droughts.... 

Summer should be enjoyed, but the mod thread isn't what I would call people enjoying... it's this need for it to be HOT, not warm. A craving almost "we deserve". Like I said, what a bunch!

Maybe some like to see records tumble too without thinking of extreme heat. I would  like to see the 40c breached in the Uk but if I actually experienced it I might soon lose the glamour of it:hi:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
42 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

giphy.gif

Thing is, we don't get proper winters anymore, Dec to Feb to me is Atlantic air 9° wind and rain, I'd rather have 25°

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

There does seem to be a lot of hot air, in a large swathe, away to our SE, S and SW; this, to my untrained eye, looks very different to what gave us those very intense but also very brief plumes during the last two summers?

IMO, the potential for a very warm next three months indeed, looks to be a distinct possibility?

Right then, that's blown it!:D

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
14 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I know. My heart goes out to them. Summer is a vile season. Good for nothing but retirees and chavs with nothing better to do than sunbathe from dawn until dusk.

Chavs should be sent on permament MWA, always chewing gum to clean up

Posted
Just now, Summer 1976 said:

Maybe some like to see records tumble too without thinking of extreme heat. I would  like to see the 40c breached in the Uk but if I actually experienced it I might soon lose the glamour of it:hi:

Id settle for one day of 40C, if the rest of summer can be 'average' :D

Posted
3 hours ago, markyo said:

For me because I'm interested in weather and just like to feel/experience and record it, even though I do find high temperatures uncomfortable and probably wouldn't want them for too long.
We could say the same about any weather that isn't necessary, but then this forum might not be here. In reality the people on here will often want interesting conditions of course. In fact many complain about how 'samey' our climate is with it rarely going far outside those bounds.

I do understand people not liking the heat though, I find it uncomfortable, am very fair skinned and can burn slightly in March (though am usually ok at about 25C). Just for some reason, my want for interesting stuff and lack of 30C in my back yard since 2006 outweighs that atm.

1 hour ago, Ice Man 85 said:

giphy.gif

I think any excessively moany posts tend to get deleted or moved to this more appropriate thread.

I'm also one who likes a more continental climate with cold/snow in winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Only thing I'm annoyed about is Tuesday and Wednesday - the winds turn NE which of course means NE low cloud for here while other areas continue to enjoy warm sunshine. Always the worst, and I swear it's increased in frequency in recent years.