Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
6 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

It's back to the usual gloomy, windy crap here after a couple of lovely days. Zzzzz

Aye :bad:

This is as bad it gets for me little diurnal range between maxima and minima, overcast, the pits. Boring.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

Aye :bad:

This is as bad it gets for me little diurnal range between maxima and minima, overcast, the pits. Boring.

Utterly bland, other than some rain.  Fine for those who only consider the weather when it does something they don't want, but, for those of us for whom interesting weather holds attraction, it's very disappointing.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

At least there's some sunny spells about today, cloud scape looking quite beautifal at times.

Posted

A weekend of contrasts. Yesterday in the west country brought almost continuous grey skies and drizzle until the evening. This morning walking along Sandbanks beach in our 'autumn' gear of fleeces and boots we wished we were in shorts, t-shirts and flip flops. It was stunning with sunshine, warmth, sunbathers, and, as @alexisj9 mentioned, some stunning cloudscapes. 

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A bright start but a lot of cloud has moved in this afternoon.

Posted

Been so dull and gloomy, haven’t seen the sun for days. If it’s going to be warmer the next few days can it be at least sunny, I’d rather it was colder with sun, than dull and warm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It's getting colder, the nights are drawing in and we have months of grey nothingness ahead. DO NOT WANT.

The only positive is the beautiful autumn colours. I wouldn't mind so much if it actually snowed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

no fog so far this october, snowless winter coming up if this continues, according to weather folklore:sorry:

19 minutes ago, Lauren said:

It's getting colder, the nights are drawing in and we have months of grey nothingness ahead. DO NOT WANT.

The only positive is the beautiful autumn colours. I wouldn't mind so much if it actually snowed.

Posted
24 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Is it getting colder? Come the weekend 24C is not out of question somewhere in the south. I'm more than happy with balmy October weather rather now than knocking into winter - it has been very common in recent years. I have noticed the 'changeover' has occurred much sooner than usual. Snow is always welcome! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
6 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Ominous looking. Who needs a tour bus when you have a 188? 

D00235FD-540A-4A77-9BD6-4AEC27F5FD55.thumb.jpeg.eadfb6bbea0e5e0ea3cb240270de606b.jpeg592C2CD1-EFB1-49BB-98C3-F487AE401F94.thumb.jpeg.45924c3c9c3bdc173c4b81142ed8ea40.jpegA3DC1DE0-505E-4FB5-B867-C91A176CBC0F.thumb.jpeg.fcf7b040159e7cfe5141452c860c4ae8.jpeg

Nice moody skies Daniel!

I'm in Rochester again this week and today not very good here - predominantly cloudy with a very gusty wind that set in late morning, averaging 21 mph by this pm with gusts of 31 mph according to the nearest Met Office station. The decaying cold front came through this evening with bits and bobs of rain, unfortunately just as me and son-in-law walked back from the local 'micro pub'. Never mind, for some reason it didn't seem to matter! :drunk:

Roll on the weekend - looking very pleasant! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Taken at 20 minutes before sun up this morning, maybe we might get some decent spells of sunshine today, make a change from the cloudy yuk we’ve had for ages.

9BF015EA-E222-4126-BF0C-0E422777ED98.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Dry, bright and breezy over here, BB...And already up to 18C...:D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The weather doesn't know what it wants to do here! One minute cloudy and grey and feeling cool in the strong breeze, the next the sun's out and the jacket off. But the temp up to 19.6C  which isn't bad for nearly mid October. :)

And better to come with a very pleasant weekend on the way. Unfortunately for folk who return to work on Monday - that's set to be the sunniest and warmest day of this late burst of warmth.

Saturday - top temp of 20C.

Cloud 13.00 59e0cbd98080a_ArpegeCloud14Oct13_00.thumb.png.968beb4de162bce166d4c5d1118beb7b.png 18.00 59e0cbfd1548b_ArpegeCloud14Oct18_00.thumb.png.93c9b191d129f8889a172c72b1f7195d.png

Temp 16.00 59e0cc0bdff7f_ArpegeMaxTempSat14Oct16_00.thumb.png.5a8f7ac8a1bdab2512436ac24f2b3a1a.png

Sunday - top temp of 21C.

Cloud 13.00 59e0cca0ae2fe_ArpegeCloud15Oct13_00.thumb.png.5ea6ad422745095e19ac117157991904.png 18.00 59e0ccadaad4c_ArpegeCloud15Oct18_00.thumb.png.1cbf025d1e070aad3eaf1412a9d3765f.png

Temp 16.00  59e0cd5932467_ArpegeMaxTempSun15Oct16_00.thumb.png.af1fa198e7c4445afb20f891d9b9ff6e.png

Monday - top temp of 23C. Note the cloud swirl from ex-hurricane Ophelia as the storm moves up the west coast of Ireland.

Cloud 13.00 59e0cd68ba30b_ArpegeCloud16Oct13_00.thumb.png.39d48a49752622c8b820b81edd251a41.png 18.00 59e0cd6e83253_ArpegeCloud16Oct18_00.thumb.png.157360a1993f8a3a6f839987dd7e764e.png

Temp 16.00 59e0cd7be93dc_ArpegeMaxTempMon16Oct16_00.thumb.png.5c00184b667992f672f68fbbd6a63e52.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
3 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Dry, bright and breezy over here, BB...And already up to 18C...:D

Indeed, despite the generally overcast conditions and the wind, I thought it felt remarkably warm.

Posted
3 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Indeed, despite the generally overcast conditions and the wind, I thought it felt remarkably warm.

Very much so I was frankly a sweaty mess in my work suit from just walking 10 minutes and I’m not unfit. Not pleasant bring on the cool down but before that a late ‘plume’ of moist exceptionally warm air courtesy of Ophelia. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Not even a hint of blue sky or sunshine here today, just a dull miserable sheet of cloud and occasional drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Good morning, a mix of sun and cloud forecast here today. Currently sunny, thank goodness.

Temp: 16C feels like 14, high of 19 expected. 

wind: SW 10 

Pressure: 1023

Humidity: 84%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Nice morning travelling to work . Some decent sunny spells already , positively barmy for the time of year but one I will make full use of , well after I finish work today that is . Enjoy this last weekend of warmth the hunt for cold and snow will soon be upon us.

• Like 2