Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just started raining after a cloudy and humid day so far. 16.5°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Rain was briefly heavy last night. Brighter this morning though with more holes in the cloud appearing. Should be quite a nice day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

crikey, that some big totals 

Chief Forecaster's assessment

Spells of heavy rain are likely to reach western Britain later on Saturday and may become prolonged by the early hours of Sunday, only clearing southeastwards later on Sunday. Many places, particularly high ground will see 25-50 mm of rain, but where the rain becomes prolonged as much as 100 mm could fall over upland areas. The exact location of where the largest rainfall totals will occur is currently uncertain. Although it looks as if the more persistent rain should clear away southeastwards later on Sunday, further heavy persistent rain is possible in places on Monday; this appears more likely across the more southwestern parts of Britain. Strong winds are likely at times, with gusts of 50-60 mph possible in some exposed coastal areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
On 28/09/2017 at 11:10, knocker said:

And now removed for the south west

Between 00:05 Sun 1st and 18:00 Sun 1st

Spells of heavy and persistent rain are expected over some areas of western and northern Britain accompanied by strong winds at times. Flooding of a few homes and businesses is possible. Spray and flooding on roads could make journey times longer and could affect some bus and train services. In addition, strong winds may be an additional hazard at times, perhaps with falling trees causing some interruptions to power supplies. This warning has been updated and is now a dual warning for rain and wind. The area has now changed to remove southwest England from the warning but to extend it across more of Scotland. The impact assessment has been reduced to low.

Spells of heavy rain are likely to reach western Britain later on Saturday and may become persistent over high ground by the early hours of Sunday, clearing southeastwards later on Sunday. Some 15-25 mm of rain is likely in places, particularly high ground where locally 50 mm is likely, perhaps with as much as 80 mm falling over mountains of Scotland and Cumbria. Strong winds are likely at times, with gusts of 40-50 mph in places, particularly coasts and high ground where 60 mph gusts are possible.

2212f7aa-961f-440b-808b-b86690977bd7.thumb.png.c9cba51c4cef1383c0769cf7e0c19417.png

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2017-10-01

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Broken cloud with sunny spells. 18.3c. Humidity 63%rh.

Posted

Rather an indifferent day so far, no rain but barely any brightness either. I think we're getting the cloud remnants from showers which have affected West of here but keep dying out. I can see ARTDEMOLE's sunny spells as it looks somewhat clearer to the NW but I'm not sure if that is heading this way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
28 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Rather an indifferent day so far, no rain but barely any brightness either. I think we're getting the cloud remnants from showers which have affected West of here but keep dying out. I can see ARTDEMOLE's sunny spells as it looks somewhat clearer to the NW but I'm not sure if that is heading this way.

Cloudy here too Andy with just bits of sunshine every now and again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cloudy Light breeze. 15.4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Uncle Gargy said:

Where is the rain we were 'promised?'

Exactly ! I was expecting it to be a dreadful day weatherwise.It is grey and damp so far here, and looking at the radar nothing substantial on the way.

Posted
34 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

1st October and the temperature is rising at sunset , we haven't seen any brightness all day though. 

17.2c and drizzling.

Within 10 minutes the sky lit up as the sun appeared as it was lowering and we now have mostly clear sky, so I assume a front has gone through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Never saw the sun here, cloudy with drizzle for most of the day with occasional heavier rain. Felt quite warm during the day and still warm now at 16.3°C.