Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday:

Snow showers are likely to be more frequent, widespread and heavier as we head through the week, with significant snow accumulations away from coasts. Very cold with significant wind chill.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh wonderful.. the coldest spell in a generation and...

So either this mean:

1. Coastal locations will avoid the showers full stop

2. The showers will leave small deposits but the sun will melt them

3. There will be significant deposits but they'll mostly end up drifting into the sea like tumbleweed

Edited by SP1986

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves
5 minutes ago, cfallon said:

Amber warning for our Cumbrians 

1356019C-43C2-4C96-8012-2CA0AAA64B7B.png

Strange if you go on met website it says amber warning for nw England..yet the graphic shows us..or some of us in yellow...its the northeast that's amber on the graphic.

Posted

Lot of negativity in here....wat will be will be....best bit of weather coming up for years and yet there peeps whinging because they may or may not get snow! God dam event hasn’t even started yet! 

• Like 1

Posted

I think if you live by the Pennines the Easterly may be good, I'm not expecting much for my location unless we get the blizzard on Friday. Not bothered about longevity, you can't expect it to last long in March.

Edited by johnwirral

Posted

People need to stop looking into each bit of detail a second it changes. If it keeps being the same then it’s more likely ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, cfallon said:

Lot of negativity in here....wat will be will be....best bit of weather coming up for years and yet there peeps whinging because they may or may not get snow! God dam event hasn’t even started yet! 

It’s a bit easier to take though if you have had lying snow less than 5 years ago. Correct nothing has happened yet but you must understand some of the more unlucky members frustration. Like I said earlier if it’s dry all week but we get a decent event on Friday then I think many would take it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
15 minutes ago, cfallon said:

Amber warning for our Cumbrians 

1356019C-43C2-4C96-8012-2CA0AAA64B7B.png

no

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

no

No?? Met office are wrong?? Give us more than word one answer to why you think not 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

It’s a bit easier to take though if you have had lying snow less than 5 years ago. Correct nothing has happened yet but you must understand some of the more unlucky members frustration. Like I said earlier if it’s dry all week but we get a decent event on Friday then I think many would take it.

I understand we all want snow! Some places out favour others and you know if you live on the west coast your less likely too see snow but chances are higher this week! 

Posted
9 minutes ago, chicken soup said:

Strange if you go on met website it says amber warning for nw England..yet the graphic shows us..or some of us in yellow...its the northeast that's amber on the graphic.

just alittle further west please lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
2 minutes ago, cfallon said:

No?? Met office are wrong?? Give us more than word one answer to why you think not 

Have a look at the warning map

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
3 minutes ago, cfallon said:

I understand we all want snow! Some places out favour others and you know if you live on the west coast your less likely too see snow but chances are higher this week! 

No!

Posted

image.thumb.png.ebfac295fd0bdfc0014733a671060797.png

no no

image.png

Posted
2 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

No!

Just been a prat now...no need for it! 

Posted

Just been a prat now...no need for it! 

Ah you've got to see the humour in it. Relax and be happy. It's not the end of the world.

I won't get depressed if I don't see snow put it that way. Besides I have to prepare for the cold spell tonight by fleecing everything on the allotment... Big big task.

Posted

PS Chris it reached 6.0C on the dot today.. didn't feel anything like that though

• Like 1

Posted

Yes very good, maybe should concentrate more on the gardening ?

Not really that simple I'm afraid as both are intertwined. Besides my interest in gardening came from my interest in weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The latest Met text forecast is disgusting!  Obviously written by someone who hates the sea! I hate it...it’s a load of rubbish...makes absolutely no sense.  Not even posting it, they can f off!! ???????? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
34 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday:

Snow showers are likely to be more frequent, widespread and heavier as we head through the week, with significant snow accumulations away from coasts. Very cold with significant wind chill.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh wonderful.. the coldest spell in a generation and...

So either this mean:

1. Coastal locations will avoid the showers full stop

2. The showers will leave small deposits but the sun will melt them

3. There will be significant deposits but they'll mostly end up drifting into the sea like tumbleweed

Absolute crap. Not even worth taking any notice of. In no other regional forecast do they mention coasts!

????