Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.
Just now, Mokidugway said:

Think most of my kit was used on high routes  I think as  I supplied  them without drivers  ,low level snow here minimal amounts 

Pretty much what I think. Certainly won't be following with any avid interest thats for sure!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
9 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Local council has inquired if I would make equipment available ,didn't know I sold up my buisness ,lol

Quids in mate :yahoo:

Posted
19 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Don't be ridiculous! :rofl:

I can assure you we won't be in the level 4 category in this part of the country! Where have you been this winter!

I hope you realise that it is the east of the country that will be affected by this easterly, we wont get anything major here I can assure you!!

You need to take a look at our region. See the photos I showed earlier of march 2013 that weather was extreme yet other parts of the region got none. At the moment the charts look to me like we could get some severe weather in this region. Predicted temps alone are predicted to be severe. Max of -1 on Tuesday for example. It is certainly not ridiculous  for those of us at elevation in the east of the region to be ready for some severe weather conditions. Although I don’t expect a category 4 although that could change.

Edited by Wardlegacy
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Nice to see the Met forecast growing for snow showers developing across the region as early as Monday.

still time for changes but at least it’s getting into the reliable timescale.

as for amounts, i’m with others in saying that we’re not likely to be getting snowed in on this side of the Pennines but it’s looking more and more like a potent cold spell is just around the corner and with no marginality, at least what falls should be snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Didn’t manage an air frost last night which was really annoying. Don’t really know why, suppose cloud. Min 0.8°C.

Not quite as warm as I thought it would be today, max 5.6°C. Falling away rapidly now, currently 2.9°C. 

Just catching up; surely it can’t have got even better!  

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Keeps me in cars , fags and women ? I mean cigarettes ,lol

Mine's footy, fags, women but close enough that'll do me :good:

Posted
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

Mine's footy, fags, women but close enough that'll do me :good:

Oh and snow, how could I forget!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Saturday and Sunday mostly dry and sunny, but feeling cold in the wind. Colder still on Monday, with cloudier skies, and perhaps with snow showers probably developing.

Terrible grammar; Don’t they proof-read these things? 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Didn’t manage an air frost last night which was really annoying. Don’t really know why, suppose cloud. Min 0.8°C.

Not quite as warm as I thought it would be today, max 5.6°C. Falling away rapidly now, currently 2.9°C. 

Just catching up; surely it can’t have got even better!  

Chart of the day, year, last 5 years etc etc!!!

UN144-21.thumb.GIF.dc297409e7dbad8d4b495e55f9f678d6.GIF

And this is after snow has pushed through the region!!!

Posted

Wow 6 AM Thursday: 504 DAM and -14  850s. We’re back to the stupid  figures of a few days ago. 

4 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Wow 6 AM Thursday: 504 DAM and -14  850s. We’re back to the stupid  figures of a few days ago. 

Aye -14 at around 5000 ft ( 850 ) so high Lakeland around 3000 ft  -10 ,throw in a 40 mph wind and boom -35 wind chill , that's severe frostbite territory.

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Aye -14 at around 5000 ft ( 850 ) so high Lakeland around 3000 ft  -10 ,throw in a 40 mph wind and boom -35 wind chill , that's severe frostbite territory.

At that time Z850 is only 4560 feet. Also Z900 at 3150 feet is -11°C.

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
1 hour ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Don't be ridiculous! :rofl:

I can assure you we won't be in the level 4 category in this part of the country! Where have you been this winter!

I hope you realise that it is the east of the country that will be affected by this easterly, we wont get anything major here I can assure you!!

No you cant assure us of that at all,  I have never been one for ramping and am always very skeptical,  but with the charts we have at the moment, to be SO negative, from a member of a weather forum, I find that strange.  

Of course we might not get snow, but we might, and do the charts we are seeing not exite you at all?

Posted
17 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Sorry ,didn't want to do any altimetry  calculations ,won't let it happen again :oops:

Lol I was just having fun trying out this new High altitude data tool I‘ve found. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
50 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Been there water bottles froze in rucksacks on Blencathra. 

Posted

The ECM also picking something up at 120 now too, notice the kink in the isobars right over us = snow.

ECU1-120.GIF.thumb.png.6309a430677db107875c54c911e2c823.pngECU0-120.GIF.thumb.png.50ed791d0b8a88ecca2f5ae0da053ce8.png

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Ridge could conceivably bring a  more favourable  wind  vector .

Waiting on Icelandic charts to update to 12z to see the precipitation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
3 hours ago, Snow free zone said:

There was yes.  We were in the so called snow shadow here as well.  I remember the photo someone posted of the UK under snow with 2 green patches - one in the Manchester area and the other in this part of Lancashire.  

image.thumb.png.5a5b6eadaeb1417b2af9f7cb46a4e61e.png

Think this was it ?? Taken from the met office site.

and one here:wallbash:, i actually dont think thats march 2013 because IOM got there most snow since 1963 yet this picture shows the island green

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Posted
2 hours ago, Day 10 said:

HUGE UPGRADES AGAIN TONIGHT!

5 days out but there's your dry Easterly!

gfseu-2-120.thumb.png.9ffa4a602ddaceb41dc7e55624f3ea08.pnggfseu-2-126.thumb.png.ef7bcc4a8050d8ea290c606799372c95.png

What I find interesting is the blob of intense snow in east Wales on the second graphic. It must be a more organised area as why would it be heaviest there? I think we are in for an interesting ride.

I still haven't told anyone yet...feeling a possible Facebook post tonight.