Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2019 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
13 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

A bad summer can be low 20s also, if it ends up being days and weeks of cloudy weather. Yes, you can still do outside activities if it’s dry, but the lack of sun will makes things depressing.

A decent summer has to have at least a few weeks of long sunny spells, and temperatures between 22c-27c. I’m not after 29-32c, as that becomes too humid especially in London, but a cloudy spell of anything south of 22c for long periods isn’t a good summer. 

What I meant was low 20s with plenty of settled Conditions. Yes it can be poor still with persistent cloud and wet spells, but what I meant was, when it's like this with low to mid teens, it tends to be dreadful. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

It’s all about sunshine for me. A cool or unsettled spell, even with wind, can be compensated for by sunshine. 

June is the sunniest month of the year here so this current weather is particularly balls.

• Like 1

Posted

The forecast has gone wrong what a surprise today not really.

Wind turned to the NE and rain highly extensive welcome rain though,low hasn`t tracked so far north yet.

Coolest day for awhile 12.7c

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Curtains drawn, heating pumped up, lights on, I'm good to go for summer 2019. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Yes just sat down to watch last episode of amazing Chernobyl series and popped heating on - just 12.7c in Cobham under heavy drizzle 

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Meanwhile..

20190604_170921.thumb.jpg.be4a85034fd5bbb8cda30235ed91bc51.jpg

Looks nice til you realise it's 13°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Meanwhile..

20190604_170921.thumb.jpg.be4a85034fd5bbb8cda30235ed91bc51.jpg

I hope you’re sending that this way. I can see it.  ☀️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
Just now, Thundershine said:

Looks nice til you realise it's 13°C.

18°C here.

Posted
Just now, Mapantz said:

18°C here.

Phwoar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
9 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

Phwoar.

The jealousy is strong in you young padowan.

Posted

'fraid I am, very much jealous of the Netherlands right now. 27 degrees!  

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

We have seen some dud early June outputs before (2014 and 2016 both put fear into some people early on) but my god the model output is horrific for summer lovers.

I'm fine with a poor summer (cool over heat anytime) but the output right now is every bit as bad as 2011 (not quite as wet looking as 2012 and 2007, for that we need trapped Channel Lows like today).

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

Yes just sat down to watch last episode of amazing Chernobyl series and popped heating on - just 12.7c in Cobham under heavy drizzle 

It’s weird how it was cool and damp around 3pm in London, then by 6pm it became humid. 

Maybe a few thunderstorms will breakout later. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
38 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

We have seen some dud early June outputs before (2014 and 2016 both put fear into some people early on) but my god the model output is horrific for summer lovers.

I'm fine with a poor summer (cool over heat anytime) but the output right now is every bit as bad as 2011 (not quite as wet looking as 2012 and 2007, for that we need trapped Channel Lows like today).

2014 was a good June, warm and sunny.

June 2016 I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. Cloudiest on record, 8th wettest on record here, cool days rarely ever seeing any warmth (though nights were warmer than normal).

I could deal with a cooler than average June as long as it was dry and sunny, and followed by at minimum, an average July and a warm, sunny August.

Edited by B87

Posted
7 minutes ago, B87 said:

2014 was a good June, warm and sunny.

June 2016 I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. Cloudiest on record, 8th wettest on record here, cool days rarely ever seeing any warmth (though nights were warmer than normal).

I could deal with a cooler than average June as long as it was dry and sunny, and followed by at minimum, an average July and a warm, sunny August.

Yes, June and July 2014 were both sunny and hot at times. I actually class summer 2014 the third best summer of the 2010s, after 2018, and 2013. The August kind of let it down a bit.

June 2016 was like you say dull, and cool at times. Especially the first week, it was chilly enough to still need central heating on. Then we had a warm humid spell around the 15-23rd, while the Euros were on and Referendum took place. I remember those severe thunderstorms during that time. Think they happened on a Thursday night, and went on for several hours. 

2016 was a forgettable summer. 

Posted

1981 was a cool summer, with a warm sunny August, and a few severe thunderstorms. I’ll take that for 2019, if we get a better August and more storms. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
58 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

If it some consolation the weather looks no better over here in the next 2 weeks..cool and unsettled with everyday being below average..just 5 or 6c and rain forecast for this Friday and Saturday

Posted
6 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

1981 was a cool summer, with a warm sunny August, and a few severe thunderstorms. I’ll take that for 2019, if we get a better August and more storms. 

I'd happily take a repeat of 1997 with a poor June, average July and then a hot and thundery August. Having 2 terrible months and then an average one like in 1998 would be unacceptable.

Posted
1 minute ago, B87 said:

I'd happily take a repeat of 1997 with a poor June, average July and then a hot and thundery August. Having 2 terrible months and then an average one like in 1998 would be unacceptable.

No thanks. 1997 was horrible. It was humid and cloudy during June, July and parts of August. 1998 was worse than 1981, because the August of 98 was also poor.

Posted
Just now, Sunny76 said:

No thanks. 1997 was horrible. It was humid and cloudy during June, July and parts of August. 1998 was worse than 1981, because the August of 98 was also poor.

June 97 was dire, July 97 was cliudy with average temps, August was hot, wet and sunny.

August 1998 was also sunny with average temperatures. 

Posted
Just now, B87 said:

June 97 was dire, July 97 was cliudy with average temps, August was hot, wet and sunny.

August 1998 was also sunny with average temperatures. 

Those late 90s summers were rubbish. Right up there with the worst. 

1999 was much better, because we had a hot July, a poor June and a thundery August. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Those late 90s summers were rubbish. Right up there with the worst. 

1999 was much better, because we had a hot July, a poor June and a thundery August. 

August 97 was hotter than July 99. I'd happily take a repeat of 1999, 2001 or the 'boring' years of 2004-2005 (though both had warm Junes).

Edited by B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Maybe we will have a 1999 style summer. Would have been nice to have had the May thunderstorms beforehand, but hey ho. July was lovely, as was early August but the rest of the month was pretty cloudy from memory.

Posted
5 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Maybe we will have a 1999 style summer. Would have been nice to have had the May thunderstorms beforehand, but hey ho. July was lovely, as was early August but the rest of the month was pretty cloudy from memory.

August started off warm, as I remember. Then it deteriorated after the 11th(the day of the eclipse), and I flew to Toronto. Spent the next 18 months in Canada.

I missed the warm and thundery early September heatwave, which resulted in two Chinese women getting struck by lightning in Hyde park. Does anyone remember that?

1999 seems to stand out as the last year when severe thunderstorms were a frequent. 

July 1999 was a better month than August 1997 in my opinion, because it was sunnier and less humid. 

2005 was an ok summer, although still unsettled at times. It did have a nice August.