Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Accas!

IMG_1342[1].JPG

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave

Agitated Cumulus over in Macclesfield as well. On the Northern edge of this by the looks of it, but guarantee myself a storm and a soaking if I go for my daily allowed walk later!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Got some cumulus clouds bubbling up to my SW now.

DSC02722.thumb.JPG.d06eac87f7d2c8bc505fd1055f5b1152.JPGDSC02721.thumb.JPG.d4804f05ae189081809e94c639d486fa.JPG

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Earlier in the week it was supposed to be the south that got the goods, but it’s all moved north. No point really bothering today esp as I can’t actually chase anything.

Will wait until later in the week where we are possibly getting a plume, but that will probably end up being shunted to the far west.

I forgot that this is always what happens

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds
13 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Earlier in the week it was supposed to be the south that got the goods, but it’s all moved north. No point really bothering today esp as I can’t actually chase anything.

Will wait until later in the week where we are possibly getting a plume, but that will probably end up being shunted to the far west.

I forgot that this is always what happens

But remember what happened last year, on the day of a storm event it was predicted to hit the southeast hard, but they got steered west or east and missed London. Maybe this time the reverse will happen and the storms that are supposed to form north of London will actually be further south. That’s just me lying in hope because the forecasts never seem to be right when it comes to storms in recent years

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Oliver Wyndham-lewis said:

But remember what happened last year, on the day of a storm event it was predicted to hit the southeast hard, but they got steered west or east and missed London. Maybe this time the reverse will happen and the storms that are supposed to form north of London will actually be further south. That’s just me lying in hope because the forecasts never seem to be right when it comes to storms in recent years

I did chuckle at that, thanks

Maybe they got the elevation wrong for the northern UK? Lol

I’ll try and keep hope alive, but I have a strong feeling anywhere south of the M4 is going to remain dry and generally sunny 

• Like 1

Posted

Cumulus clouds bubbling up to my north.

Posted

Has anyone got a clue on what's happening in the Bristol Channel?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Well some drastic downgrades that started with last nights runs, you’ve got to love uk storm setups I still think there will be cells but certainly nowhere near how widespread it once looked, I am thinking it must be down to a shift in the position of the front pity we can get fax charts for every few hours but going by this the front is quite a bit further north then my post yesterday C8B0FA1B-054A-4A07-BF0E-FBF8A89D3ECB.thumb.png.9505e25c9748d79aa6e583d6cd96330f.png

different positions of the cells across the short range models but the best area to me looks to be Wales, most interesting looks to be euro4 which develops a splitting cell (possible left and right mover?) 288D8DE8-07F3-4E16-90B4-6E1A78ECC52D.thumb.gif.b0ea6c207b18257e89807b7c35ad896a.gif 

trying to average it all out from the short range models like I usually do, my target area would be Dolgellau but I would say anywhere in Wales has a good chance.

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Cumulus clouds bubbling up to my north.

Oooo, they're getting bigger now!

Posted
25 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Has anyone got a clue on what's happening in the Bristol Channel?

Well the initiation starts in Wales but just a bit further south than the METO PPN charts are forecasting for 12pm.

r.thumb.png.6db26f39f91b32b8331263f4bf4eab57.png1488250004_Untitled6.thumb.png.cfe12947dba0a36a9f3c5eebcc4e34ea.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
2 hours ago, Supacell said:

Seems a bit dubious to me. He is a respected forecaster and normally knows what he is talking about, but no forecaster is infallible and this goes against all other forecasts and charts that I have seen. Will be interested to see what transpires.

Perhaps hes been hit by Cumulonimbus-20 virus

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Small pockets of cumulus developing now and the sun still shining strongly. Good that we are not being plagued with lots of stubborn cloud and maximising insolation. 

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Small pockets of cumulus developing now and the sun still shining strongly. Good that we are not being plagued with lots of stubborn cloud and maximising insolation. 

It was cloudy here earlier by high cloud but that is diminishing now with sun poking through,them cumulus clouds to my southwest are still there and haven't moved much.

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Still cloudy in South Shropshire, and the breeze is quite cool. Not sure if it's supposed to have burnt off by now! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
6 minutes ago, AMeltedFlake said:

Still cloudy in South Shropshire, and the breeze is quite cool. Not sure if it's supposed to have burnt off by now! 

It’s a very stagnant day. So it’s very touch and go in many places. Ideally want something to develop soon, before them dreaded N-NE’lies set in and sweep the juice away! 

One thing that can be said, one mans brewing ground, is another ones jackpot further down the line a lot of the time in storm situations. 

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

It’s a very stagnant day. So it’s very touch and go in many places. Ideally want something to develop soon, before them dreaded N-NE’lies set in and sweep the juice away! 

One thing that can be said, one mans brewing ground, is another ones jackpot a lot of the time in storm situations. 

CW are expecting things a lot later, early evening to be the prime time for the storms to be active. Think we might be in for a few hour’s wait yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Sun trying to break through here... Still grey and not that warm ... I’m starting to think that this could be a bust for me. 
... But there’s still time...

Posted

Timelapse of the convection here over a 25 minute period.

Apologies for the angle of the video, don't know what happened

• Like 3

Posted

More convective clouds!

4CC44824-CB04-4364-94BD-07CB27C41278.jpeg

1BCA4ED6-A734-4B1B-A0B3-888BC45B2251.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

Sun trying to break through here... Still grey and not that warm ... I’m starting to think that this could be a bust for me. 
... But there’s still time...

I don't think you would fair too badly,keep an eye on them showers in S Wales,they look to be heading your way.

• Like 1