Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
5 minutes ago, Coilspring said:

Let's hope so. Maybe even Jay will get some snow. 

99% certain it will snow if this was rain we be calling this patchy drizzle down south .Hope I'm wrong and it belts down.for the 2hrs of pp.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I hope we get a nice covering before the mild spell begins

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, andymusic said:

latest harmonie (hirlam)

image.thumb.png.d80a0553fa14f8bbe67933276d35a246.png

image.thumb.png.3923b2731383dcb790805cc33b8e1463.png

image.thumb.png.3550d9b85f1079c4fff21316a08008f1.png

image.thumb.png.be2fe781e5663499d9c42949388c305a.png

image.thumb.png.c6fd231a38fe6a64422ef737afe25539.png

image.thumb.png.d6c823211781dab22dc446352fa0f49d.png

Looks very good for wales but the midlands seems to be in the sweet spot for this one according to that model!!

Posted
5 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Looks very good for wales but the midlands seems to be in the sweet spot for this one according to that model!!

5 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

I don't mean to burst anybody's snow bubble, but time and time again these harmonie outputs have proven incorrect and over generous in terms of snow distribution. As always, don't expect much, everything is a bonus then! 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Cymro said:

I don't mean to burst anybody's snow bubble, but time and time again these harmonie outputs have proven incorrect and over generous in terms of snow distribution. As always, don't expect much, everything is a bonus then! 

it was right on the money last saturday with the snow we had then - so let's see how good it'll be for tomorrow and friday

Posted
1 minute ago, andymusic said:

it was right on the money last saturday with the snow we had then - so let's see how good it'll be for tomorrow and friday

Was it really though? It showed snow right down to the South Wales coast if my memory serves me well and sadly that didn't materialise. We have had snow here quite a few times now, and some flurries today to which was a nice surprise. But I really don't rate the harmonie one bit it only builds up hopes and leaves disappointment. I find EURO ti be very good. 

Posted
48 minutes ago, Ian Ballinger said:

Met office just has it as rain for here.

Don't  worry about type of pp with temperature of 0 c .Worry about if there enough pp on the front.the famous Cheshire gap is favoured or most snow because there's no bloddy mountains in the way lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
6 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Don't  worry about type of pp with temperature of 0 c .Worry about if there enough pp on the front.the famous Cheshire gap is favoured or most snow because there's no bloddy mountains in the way lol.

Temps are forecast to be 1-2c so will b rain for most places unless it arrives later

Posted
10 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

Temps are forecast to be 1-2c so will b rain for most places unless it arrives later

Forecasted arrive after 11pm

Posted
7 minutes ago, RhysWales said:

Bad News Derek right in there:

What I said H pressure to close to south west.But we shall see.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

You did to be fair Keith! I was more optimistic for some reason. Fingers crossed for last minute changes and / or some more joy come the end of January.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, RhysWales said:

You did to be fair Keith! I was more optimistic for some reason. Fingers crossed for last minute changes and / or some more joy come the end of January.

I supposed even if it snows it won't last on the ground with milder temperatures coming.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I supposed even if it snows it won't last on the ground with milder temperatures coming.

Yeah, it wouldn't have hung around, but there could have been some impressive minimum temperatures out there given Friday looks like our best bet as the coldest day in a couple of years! Anyhow, I'll stick with my gut and say we still could - if things fall in to place - come out with something special from this winter. Even though it really is on a knife edge! All we want is one good snowfall a year! 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, RhysWales said:

Bad News Derek right in there:

Believe me many of times he has messed up in the past and to be honest I don't like his forecast as he's so boring and wet between the ears at times. It's going to Snow honest. 

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Believe me many of times he has messed up in the past and to be honest I don't like his forecast as he's so boring and wet between the ears at times. It's going to Snow honest. 

He messed up big time in 2010 when that streamer set up and dumped around a foot of snow on SE Wales.

• Like 2

Posted

Some change light snow moving down Wales early  Friday morning  south giving  dusting across Wales.Then a trough has formed behind the front with a heavier plus of snow running North to South across Wales giving 2to 4cms Across Wales a big upgrade so radar watching required this time tommorow.!!Whats coming is like 4 course meal.We all like the starters (light snow)2 course fish ok.looking foreward to main course.(mild spell lasting a week).Then the main course we enjoy .a almighty battle very cold air to the east and rain pushing in from the SWest.(in about 8days time).Finally the dessert we all love.A wintry Christmas scene with smiles faces everywhere. We can dream lol.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 5