Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
9 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

So the first of the hi Res models is out and arpege has shifted at least 50 miles further North... I'm starting to worry the best of it will be even further north than me now.

Arome is the one I want to see

arpege-45-21-0.png

Arome looks further north and east so far.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

And too think these are high reso models!!shameful honestly!!!the global ones have done one on them hard i think!!!imagine if it hits south yorkshire instead

It's is unusual, normally the hi Res downgrade just before the event. Seems the opposite today!

Arome is out to 12 hours and looks North too, this is model I would put most faith in.

I'll go for Nuneaton and Hinckley to be get the most snow

Posted
2 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

It's is unusual, normally the hi Res downgrade just before the event. Seems the opposite today!

Arome is out to 12 hours and looks North too, this is model I would put most faith in.

If you go according to ecm pretty much the whole of the midlands gets a lot of snow!!gfs nottingham gets the most

• Like 3

Posted

Hope you are right, however history tells me we are always get the edge of something either to the North, East, West and South. Suppose its a now cast now 

• Like 1

Posted

3 miles south please in bedworth. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow storms any severe weather
2 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

According to the 18z very close!!!!!

I’ve got everything crossed

• Like 2

Posted

Harmonie the first model to keep it further south.

harmonieeur40-45-28-3.png

Every other model has gone further north now so im afraid im gona have to discount this model!!its also way out already when looking at the current radar!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

It’s quite simply going to be a nowcast job. 50 miles here or there is nothing in the grand scheme of things, I understand it means quite a lot to us snow freaks here but computer models won’t know for sure so think it’s best to see what actually happens in the morning. One things for sure though....

WE ARE IN THE GAME!! Kro

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Just seen the BBC weather forecast and it’s looking very good for the Midlands, especially a centralised area, but we’ll see come tomorrow ( radar ) at the ready

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
1 minute ago, markw2680 said:

It’s quite simply going to be a nowcast job. 50 miles here or there is nothing in the grand scheme of things, I understand it means quite a lot to us snow freaks here but computer models won’t know for sure so think it’s best to see what actually happens in the morning. One things for sure though....

WE ARE IN THE GAME!! Kro

KRO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Although there wont be as much as 10th December 2017, still kind of getting the same vibes as then 

• Like 1

Posted

Got the euro 4 to come, but look at the adjustment north on arome in just 6 hours. It will probably adjust a smidge north on the 00z run

If we blend all the models 18z runs so far, the best chance seems between pershore in the south west running north east up to Hinckley/Leicester

Good luck all, hoping to be able to take my 3 year old for her first sledging experience tomorrow.

aromehd-45-23-0.png

aromehd-45-29-0.png

• Like 1