Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter.

Posted

It's not too bad here today, might be only 10c at present, but the sun is out, but not for too long it seems as the cloud is expected to pile in within the next few hours!

Weekend looks warmer, if less sunny, tomorrow's rain seems to clear these parts by lunchtime and then Sunday looks warmer, if cloudy but seems to be a chance we could catch some late evening storms from France on Sunday evening. 

Next week looks better temperature wise, 15c or so daily, but breezy at times and the chance of showers. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

Looks like we are losing the cold frosty nights for a week at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
16 minutes ago, milomolly123 said:

dont worry tropical nights will be here before u no id give it till early to mid june 

I doubt we will have any tropical nights this summer. They don't usually happen in normal summers, warmest nights tend to peak around 18-19c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
49 minutes ago, milomolly123 said:

dont worry tropical nights will be here before u no id give it till early to mid june 

You don't really need a blistering hot summer heatwave to get very warm nights. 1st November 2020 was very warm night probably warmer than some nights during July 2018. 

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, magicpatch said:

It's not too bad here today, might be only 10c at present, but the sun is out, but not for too long it seems as the cloud is expected to pile in within the next few hours!

Weekend looks warmer, if less sunny, tomorrow's rain seems to clear these parts by lunchtime and then Sunday looks warmer, if cloudy but seems to be a chance we could catch some late evening storms from France on Sunday evening. 

Next week looks better temperature wise, 15c or so daily, but breezy at times and the chance of showers. 

Yes, we are now moving into that time of year, where the last remains of the winter/spring chill, will eventually give way to warmer days, and warmer evenings.

I think a few tropical nights will happen. Even in a poor summer, we will get a few nights where the temp doesn't fall below 18-20c.

This could very well be a thundery summer, especially for Southern and Central areas.

Edited by Sunny76

4 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Yes, we are now moving into that time of year, where the last remains of the winter/spring chill, will eventually give way to warmer days, and warmer evenings.

I think a few tropical nights will happen. Even in a poor summer, we will get a few nights where the temp doesn't fall below 18-20c.

This could very well be a thundery summer, especially for Southern and Central areas.

it hope we get some decent thunderstorms in Macclesfield  in the north west  what u reckon 

Posted
40 minutes ago, milomolly123 said:

it hope we get some decent thunderstorms in Macclesfield  in the north west  what u reckon 

A countrywide thunderstorm later in the summer. Macclesfield will have a reckoning.

Posted
2 hours ago, 38.7°C said:

You don't really need a blistering hot summer heatwave to get very warm nights. 1st November 2020 was very warm night probably warmer than some nights during July 2018. 

Early November 2020 evenings were a darn sight colder than this week that's for sure!

Posted
3 hours ago, B87 said:

I doubt we will have any tropical nights this summer. They don't usually happen in normal summers, warmest nights tend to peak around 18-19c.

I wouldn't be so sure, they've become a lot more common in recent years.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

I wouldn't be so sure, they've become a lot more common in recent years.

They probably happen every year in the centre of London, but out at Heathrow - no chance. Usually peaks at 19c, although the last few summers have seen 20c lows (tropical nights).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

20  °C nights are pretty much unheard of out here; I don't know whether we've ever had one. Anything above 15-16 °C in the middle of the night gets very uncomfortable for me, though to be fair that's sometimes because there's a massive storm on the way so the humdity is very high.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

20  °C nights are pretty much unheard of out here; I don't know whether we've ever had one. Anything above 15-16 °C in the middle of the night gets very uncomfortable for me, though to be fair that's sometimes because there's a massive storm on the way so the humdity is very high.

20c aren’t uncommon in London, but in the Home Counties it’s probably closer to 18-19c. That 1 degree can make a difference.

London recorded hot nights in 1983, 1994 and even during the mini hot spell in august 1987, one night in London recorded 20c(and that was a very poor summer)

Posted
38 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

20c aren’t uncommon in London, but in the Home Counties it’s probably closer to 18-19c. That 1 degree can make a difference.

London recorded hot nights in 1983, 1994 and even during the mini hot spell in august 1987, one night in London recorded 20c(and that was a very poor summer)

Didn't August 2020 record quite a few 20c+ nights during that heatwave in London. Must've been unbearable with the humidity and 35c days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

The record minimum is 23.9 deg in Brighton,1990

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
6 hours ago, milomolly123 said:

ye u ever reckon we will have a storm like the one on the night of 15th of October 1987

Yes, but as far as the SE is concened, this is something like a 1 in 200 year event, so it will happen again, but probably not for a long time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
1 hour ago, hillbilly said:

The record minimum is 23.9 deg in Brighton,1990

This happened during the hot spell in august that year and when sea surface temps in the channel were warmer than normal after such a mild winter before. I dont think night time minima will get anywhere near this summer, in this region anyway. 

Edited by Freeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool, cold, snow and blizzards.

All this talk of tropical nights and supercell thunderstorms is making me break out in a cold sweat.  I hope we get a "traditional" summer this year with none of the crazy extremes of recent years.  Hot weather is exhausting, especially with warm nights making sleep difficult.

Posted
16 minutes ago, Simon M said:

All this talk of tropical nights and supercell thunderstorms is making me break out in a cold sweat.  I hope we get a "traditional" summer this year with none of the crazy extremes of recent years.  Hot weather is exhausting, especially with warm nights making sleep difficult.

A traditional summer would still 30c days and thunderstorms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I am hoping that this summer is riddled with heatwaves and decent thunderstorms to finish them off, as well as sunshine and showers mixed inbetween. But I have a feeling we are in for a fairly boring summer this year.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91