Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Another day, another pile of steaming cack. Overcast and blowing a hoolie yet again, just had a slightly interesting torrential rain shower but it’s just 11°C at 2pm. Absolutely dreadful.

Guess you must be back in the U.K.!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Signs starting to gather that relief from the dire conditions may only be temporary. Models firming up from the middle of next week that troughing will become anchored over north west Europe leading to a big downturn in surface conditions over the UK. My biggest fear is that this sort of pattern seldom visits the uk for a day or two as last June showed. Hope the green travel list expands quickly, need to escape.

What happened to the :S option when reacting a post? This post is a prime example of one that I would react to as

Posted
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Hope the weather holds on for you, at least under any trough it should be too windy I guess. 

Whats courses you playing? 

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

Well I do hope this does not come to pass. Am down Bournemouth way playing golf weekend 4th - 6th June and to be fair, I'd just take it being mostly dry at the moment. Can anyone give me a shred of hope to hang on to? 

I will pray to god to cross his legs for you.

• Like 1

Posted

Man this thread is depressing.

6 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

No nope it’s the models that are depressing! 

Posted
5 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

In the words of Victor Meldrew:

"Just when you think things are never going to get any better, they suddenly get worse." 

• Like 1

On a mini break in bath! And today was worse for rain than yesterday!!! Initial forecast was to be dry for today, but that rain over cornwall has moved a bit further across so soggy for here this afternoon! Tomorrow however does look a lot drier 

8 minutes ago, Britneyfan said:

On a mini break in bath! And today was worse for rain than yesterday!!! Initial forecast was to be dry for today, but that rain over cornwall has moved a bit further across so soggy for here this afternoon! Tomorrow however does look a lot drier 

Look at the difference between the 00z and 06z for the Arome model. Today’s caught a lot of people out, was expecting showers not hours of continuous rain here. 

0BC32E51-E66C-4283-8A77-DD1742F27514.thumb.jpeg.7bf1cc5f10efe95c1c3f9f5b3039bcf6.jpeg

3AF3F35F-A471-41E3-B48C-D5B9AADF4117.thumb.jpeg.26bf35e18b153b9a2b21e37a8aa84b0d.jpeg

Posted

It’s nice and sunny today here in the Outer Hebrides and should get better each day.

quick video from yesterday from my cottage windows. I’m right next to the black house village Garenin Isle of Lewis.  Only been in my new home since April 28th. Moved from Staffordshire where I lived all my life.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Look at the difference between the 00z and 06z for the Arome model. Today’s caught a lot of people out, was expecting showers not hours of continuous rain here. 

0BC32E51-E66C-4283-8A77-DD1742F27514.thumb.jpeg.7bf1cc5f10efe95c1c3f9f5b3039bcf6.jpeg

3AF3F35F-A471-41E3-B48C-D5B9AADF4117.thumb.jpeg.26bf35e18b153b9a2b21e37a8aa84b0d.jpeg

Yup was really annoying cos it was a generally dry outlook perhaps the odd shower, but nope continuous rain, funny enough where I live was expecting more showers in London today, however, it’s been mostly dry at home with sunny spells and temps at 15° whereas here in bath just reached 13° before the rain and now sitting at 11° 

oh well tomorrow does look dry! Then I’m back home thursday and thankfully looks a lot warmer than today 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Guess you must be back in the U.K.!

Nope, am back in Prague and the vile chilly spring continues here, too  

Talk about fail, it’s just moderate rain now at 10c, absolute joke. It’s just chilly, it’s properly cold and raw outside in the breeze.

Edited by Alderc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm, snow

My heating keeps clicking on and off all day, my bathroom is as cold as a January day, my vegetables aren't growing at all, my bedding plants are all drenched!  When oh when will this current weather improve??  Let's hope it isn't going to be another 1816!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

To my surprise, a better day than forecast here in Worcs. Max of 16.8 °C, the highest for quite a while, and far more sun and less rain than yesterday. You still wouldn't call it great for late May, but it's a big improvement on yesterday.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
24 minutes ago, sarahng said:

My heating keeps clicking on and off all day, my bathroom is as cold as a January day, my vegetables aren't growing at all, my bedding plants are all drenched!  When oh when will this current weather improve??  Let's hope it isn't going to be another 1816!

No it won't be another 1816, I am unaware of any massive volcanic eruptions on that scale recently.

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, IanR said:

When we have a dry warm spring we are always talking about paying for it later with drab summer  and it seems to be the case , the weather tends to balance out.    Funny how the reverse seems not to happen as often,

will we have to 'pay' for a having a cool wet spring  by having a dry warm summer ?     hmmmmm  

Its been an odd spring, a warmer than average March, sunny in some places notably here and rainfall I think average. then the very dry sunny and cold April, low mins, now a cold very wet very dull May.

• Like 3

Posted

Maybe Bill Gates plan of reducing sunlight to combat global warming has been going on ,  on the hush ,  I am not one for conspiracy theories mind 

It really does feel like what a nuclear winter would be like during summer months      

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Rejoice! A bank holiday where I'm not working AND the weather is nice. Says a lot about this spring that we're excited to be scraping into the low-20s, but I'll take it. Will be one of the first days this year where it's comfortable to sit outside in a t-shirt.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
31 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Rejoice! A bank holiday where I'm not working AND the weather is nice. Says a lot about this spring that we're excited to be scraping into the low-20s, but I'll take it. Will be one of the first days this year where it's comfortable to sit outside in a t-shirt.

It almost feels like March 30th was a different year it was so long ago... the only day so far I’ve comfortably worn a tee shirt outside. 

• Like 1

Posted
21 hours ago, robert said:

It’s nice and sunny today here in the Outer Hebrides and should get better each day.

quick video from yesterday from my cottage windows. I’m right next to the black house village Garenin Isle of Lewis.  Only been in my new home since April 28th. Moved from Staffordshire where I lived all my life.

Don't want to be the doom merchant here but I must warn you that the summers will be much worse than what you are used to down in Staffordshire and in the autumn and winter things can get really nasty with severe gale force winds and horizontal rain. Make the most of any sunny weather because it will be few and far between. I'm guessing you knew that before moving up there though.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
20 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Nope, am back in Prague and the vile chilly spring continues here, too  

Really? I thought central and Eastern Europe were doing quite well this Spring and it was just northern and Western Europe that were doing badly.  Guess I was wrong. I remember you saying it was bad in Prague last spring as well when it was cracking the flags in the UK. 

• Like 1

Posted
20 hours ago, Alderc said:

Talk about fail, it’s just moderate rain now at 10c, absolute joke. It’s just chilly, it’s properly cold and raw outside in the breeze.

Absolutely shocking weather for down south in late May!  I don't think it was even as bad up here yesterday. I mean we had a few showers but they didn't last long and it didn't feel particularly cold just cool as it's done all month.

Posted
19 hours ago, sarahng said:

The year without a summer? I think the CET was something like 12°C for June and 13°C for July and August that year.  Heaven forbid if we have another summer like that!  If I remember correctly I think it was a volcano that released lots of ash into the atmosphere and blocked out the Sun which caused the weather to be very cold that summer. In some countries the crops died due to frost so it caused major food shortages worldwide.

We have had a volcano or two erupt in Iceland recently and there was also another eruption in another country as well (I think it might have been in the Bermuda Islands).   So maybe that and the solar minimum has something to do with all the cool wet weather we are having at the moment. We could also be entering a grand solar minimum very soon.

Oh yeah and remind me never to grow vegetables in the UK! 

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
18 hours ago, Arctic Hare said:

To my surprise, a better day than forecast here in Worcs. Max of 16.8 °C, the highest for quite a while, and far more sun and less rain than yesterday. You still wouldn't call it great for late May, but it's a big improvement on yesterday.

It was better here too, temp nothing to write home about but probably reached low teens in the sunny spells. Had a few showers but they didn't last long.  Checked the BBC Weather app this morning and things really have warmed up for the bank holiday weekend. Now forecasting highs of 20°C for my location which is going to feel absolutely tropical considering we haven't got above about 15°C all month. Then forecasting highs of 17/18°C with sunny intervals next week  which is fine by me.